+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About upfront medicals after submitting application

Omoruth

Aug 18, 2023
Please can someone help me out .
I did an upfront medicals after submitting my application and uploaded it via webform. Shortly after that I now received a medical request from ircc. Since I’ve already done upfront, I didn’t bother. About 10days later, I received a message based on the upfront I uploaded via webform that my Enquiry has been received, and my supporting documents has been added to my file. But up till now my medical status has not been updated. It’s still showing; “ we have requested a medical examination “. Please what does that mean.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I did an upfront medicals after submitting my application and uploaded it via webform. Shortly after that I now received a medical request from ircc. Since I’ve already done upfront, I didn’t bother. About 10days later, I received a message based on the upfront I uploaded via webform that my Enquiry has been received, and my supporting documents has been added to my file. But up till now my medical status has not been updated. It’s still showing; “ we have requested a medical examination “. Please what does that mean.
If you received a request from IRCC for another upfront medicals, you'll have to go and do it. It doesn't take a lot of time, go and do it.

Medicals can take time to approve too. Are you applying for PR, student visa, work permit, etc?

Omoruth

Aug 18, 2023
If you received a request from IRCC for another upfront medicals, you'll have to go and do it. It doesn't take a lot of time, go and do it.

Medicals can take time to approve too. Are you applying for PR, student visa, work permit, etc?
Study permit

Omoruth

Aug 18, 2023
And I received the below reply from ircc;

Good day,
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We acknowledge receipt of the documents and wish to inform you that they have been added to the file. Please note, for technical reasons, they may not be visible in your online account. Rest assured that your supporting documents are indeed added and available for officer review.

But to change it to pass, is the problem now . My status is still showing; we have requested a medical test. I’m confused

Omoruth

Aug 18, 2023

Good day,

We acknowledge receipt of the documents and wish to inform you that they have been added to the file. Please note, for technical reasons, they may not be visible in your online account. Rest assured that your supporting documents are indeed added and available for officer review.

But to change it to pass, is the problem now . My status is still showing; we have requested a medical test. I’m confused

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda

Good day,

Call IRCC and confirm that they've your medical test results in this case. If they have it, you got nothing to worry about and just need to wait.

Omoruth

Aug 18, 2023
Please
Call IRCC and confirm that they've your medical test results in this case. If they have it, you got nothing to worry about and just need to wait.
can you help me with IRCC contact number? I’m from Nigeria and I applied online. Is there any number to reach them from Nigeria apart from webform? Thank you

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Please

can you help me with IRCC contact number? I’m from Nigeria and I applied online. Is there any number to reach them from Nigeria apart from webform? Thank you
Pretty difficult to get a hold of IRCC internationally. If you have only submitted the 1 web form that had your medical and you received a response as you indicated above then you can be pretty sure they received it and added it to your file. I wouldn't worry about what is showing online, once they review it then it will change to the new status, have patience, they are working on many other apps along with yours, it can take a while.

Omoruth

Aug 18, 2023
O
Pretty difficult to get a hold of IRCC internationally. If you have only submitted the 1 web form that had your medical and you received a response as you indicated above then you can be pretty sure they received it and added it to your file. I wouldn't worry about what is showing online, once they review it then it will change to the new status, have patience, they are working on many other apps along with yours, it can take a while.
Okay thank you so much. This has relieved my fears.

EnglaN

Jun 6, 2022
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone can help me with any idea how long can you wait for a response from Rome visa office.I applied for my husband when I got protected status and applied for PR I April 2021 and applied for my kids (here in Canada) and my husband in Albania. We got our PR I August last year so 2022. They requeste his medicals and it was passesd they requested his background check he got that done march 27,2023 so we're still waiting. Does anyone know how long it takes after they receive the medicals and biometrics'? Thank you.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone can help me with any idea how long can you wait for a response from Rome visa office.I applied for my husband when I got protected status and applied for PR I April 2021 and applied for my kids (here in Canada) and my husband in Albania. We got our PR I August last year so 2022. They requeste his medicals and it was passesd they requested his background check he got that done march 27,2023 so we're still waiting. Does anyone know how long it takes after they receive the medicals and biometrics'? Thank you.
Try refugees and asylum section of the forum.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/refugees-and-asylum.56/

reberebe

Jun 25, 2024
Hello Omoruth, unfortunately i did the same thing. Would you mind telling me how things went in your case eventually? I am worrying a lot about it, as I have not heard from ircc after submitting the information sheet given by the medical center.