+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

about updation

harry22g_s

Feb 27, 2009
i had applied for permanent residence in canada in May 2005 and i had received my file no.They gave me 42months processing time.now,when 46months has gone then i sent email to canadian high commission in delhi to know about my application process. they have given answer,which i am giving below:
This refers to your recent e-mail enqury It appears you have not received correspondence sent to you by our office on 23 Jan 09. What follows is the text of the letter that was sent to you:This letter is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Citizenship and Immigration Canada requests that you confirm whether or not you are still interested in immigrating to Canada.
If you are no longer interested in immigrating to Canada and you wish to withdraw your application, please confirm that you want to withdraw by sending a letter to the Canadian High Commission in Delhi within 90 days, and we will return your full application fee. Please send the letter to the address below.
If we do not hear from you within 90 days, we will assume your continued interest in immigrating to Canada, and your application and fees will be retained for processing and therefore you must fulfill the requirements mentioned on the document request letter attached within 90 days. We are ready to begin processing your application. If you fail to respond to either the withdrawal letter or the document request letter, at the time of the review of your application, the visa officer will take a decision based on the information currently available in the file and, because of the lack of new information, it is likely that your application will be refused.Thank you for your interest in Canada. If you are no longer interested in immigrating to Canada and would like a full refund of your application fee, please notify us within the next 90 days.
i could not understand this email.i think that i have missing a letter.now what should i do?please suggest.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess we all (those who applied before the new rules) received such a letter but there was no attachment requesting for documents to mine at least.
Now, may be due to the very long time line in your case (over 42 Months) they might have asked for both at the same time - (i.e your consent and documents update - I am purely Guessing).

In any case , I think you have no choice but to write them, explaining the situation and request them to give you a chance to put in your full papers. How distressing, disturbing and depressing, after such a long wait to be faced with such a situation.

By the way, which visa office is responsible for your application?

naz80

Mar 6, 2009
Hi there,

As much i could understand they have same format of letter which they sent to everyone asking if they are still interested, well thats happen with me and my friend we both received updation letter at the same time asking for our interest and if we are interested asking for documents we received same letter just file no was change on it so if you ask someone who have applied through your visa office and received list of documents with this letter you should just send the same documents.

good luck

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
naz80 said:
Hi there,

As much i could understand they have same format of letter which they sent to everyone asking if they are still interested, well thats happen with me and my friend we both received updation letter at the same time asking for our interest and if we are interested asking for documents we received same letter just file no was change on it so if you ask someone who have applied through your visa office and received list of documents with this letter you should just send the same documents.

good luck
Are you saying you got 2 letters?

naz80

Mar 6, 2009
no, one letter and one check list of documents which chc needs i m sure anyone who have applied(old application) they do receive the letter and a check list of required documents.

thanx

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
naz80 said:
no, one letter and one check list of documents which chc needs i m sure anyone who have applied(old application) they do receive the letter and a check list of required documents.

thanx

Thankx Naz. I am also an old applicant and I received only one letter asking whether I am still interested in immigrating or not.

It also stated that,"When we are ready to actively begin processing your application we will contact you to request your updated information.However, at this point, you will not be eligible for a refund of your processing fee.

That is all I got, nothing else attached to it. Could you please tell me your time line?
I hope I am not missing something, even though it states categorically "When we are ready to actively begin processing your application we will contact you to request your updated information.

naz80

Mar 6, 2009
i have applied from londonw-- application process start 16 june 2006---15september 2008 letter received about if i m still interested or not and updating documents---31 october 2008 asking for ielts and original education documents --- nothing after that hopeing to receive medical soon.

wht about your timeline?
Thanx

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR received on 21st of August2007. Also London. That was the last communication and letter I got from them. Hoping to receive Document update around September2009.