+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About to send in US Outland Application - Sanity Check?

TravisK

Aug 24, 2016
Hi All,

I just wanted to check in to see if you all notice anything that I'm missing, I would appreciate any input.

I am planning on submitting my application in three folders with the following documents:

Envelope 1:
Sponsor Documents:
1. IMM 1344 Barcode Page and Table of Contents
2. IMM 5491 Document Checklist – Sponsor
3. IMM 1344 Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking
4. IMM 5481 Sponsorship Evaluation
5. “Pay the Fees” Receipt
6. IMM 5540 Sponsor Questionnaire
7. Appendix to IMM 5540

Supporting Documents:
8. Sponsor Record of Landing
9. Sponsor Permanent Resident Card
10. Sponsor 2015 CRA Printout of Notice of Assessment
11. Sponsor Letter of Employment, Hours, and Salary
12. Sponsor Copy of Recent Paystubs
13. Sponsor 2015 T3 Forms
14. Sponsor 2015 T4 Form

Envelope 2:
Sponsored Spouse Documents:
15. IMM 0008 Barcode Page and Table of Contents
16. IMM 3910 Country Specific Instructions – U.S.A.
17. IMM 0008 Generic Application Form For Canada
18. IMM 5669 Schedule A Background / Declaration
19. Principal Applicant Immigration Photos
20. IMM 5406 Additional Family Information
21. IMM 5490 Sponsored Spouse/Partner Questionnaire
22. Police Certificates Cover Letter
23. Police Certificates Printout
24. Proof of Upfront Medical Examination
25. Receipt of Medical Exam X-Ray

Supporting Documents:
26. Certificate of Live Birth
27. United States Social Security Card
28. Current Passport Including Current Immigration Stamps
29. Current Status / Work Permit
30. Old Passport and All Pages Therein
31. University Diploma
32. ICES Education Assessment
33. CELPIP Language Exam Results
34. Current Social Insurance Number Printout
35. Previous Canadian Work Permit (2012)

Envelope 3:
• Table of Contents
36. Cover Letter and Notes/Comments
37. Marriage License
38. Proof of Relationship Document
39. RBC Joint Bank Account Statement
40. Principal Applicant 2015 Notice of Reassessment
41. Selection of Greeting Cards Between Sponsor and Principal Applicant
42. Flight Itinerary from Vancouver to Dublin
43. Receipt for the Cliffs of Moher
44. Email String from Wedding Venue
45. Final Invoice from Wedding Venue
46. Entertainment Waiver from Wedding Venue
47. Wedding Special Occasions License
48. Photographer Contract
49. Honeymoon Airline Tickets
50. Small Envelope Containing Additional Loose Photos of Relationship

I think that I have included everything required of me given our circumstances (recently married, she is a Canadian PR, me a US Citizen with current valid work permit in Canada, we have no children, I have no one accompanying me to Canada, there are no co-signers on the application, we are not using a representative). I have also included as much supporting information on our relationship as I though relevant, including a smaller folder including around 60 loose photographs with some descriptions on the back showing us with family, friends, and in different locations across several years.

I already have a UCI, as I've had two previous work permits in Canada
I have included the barcode pages at the front of each section as requested.
I have stapled the photographs in a small envelope to the Schedule A Background/Declaration form.
I have added section numbers to each section using sticky tabs with the numbers from the TOC written on them.
I have written my initials, my DOB, and the section and page number on every sheet included in the application for reference and organzational purposes.
I have paid, and included the receipt, $1040 CAD. $75 for the Sponsor, $475 for the PA, $490 for Right of PR fee. I paid using the online tool.
We are married, so we don't need to complete IMM5409 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union, correct?

I am going to send this package via courier to:

Sponsorship: Spousal
Case Processing Centre – Mississauga
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 300
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

I think I'm good to go, no?

Thank you guys in advance, your help has been much appreciated.
Cheers

ski

Nov 20, 2013
In Form 5669 for the applicant, there is a section on personal history and addresses. It says past 10 years or until 18 years of age whichever is lesser . Make sure it is until 18 years because they send the forms back to you sometimes to add the rest.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
TravisK said:
13. Sponsor 2015 T3 Forms
14. Sponsor 2015 T4 Form

25. Receipt of Medical Exam X-Ray

28. Current Passport Including Current Immigration Stamps
30. Old Passport and All Pages Therein

31. University Diploma
32. ICES Education Assessment
33. CELPIP Language Exam Results

34. Current Social Insurance Number Printout
40. Principal Applicant 2015 Notice of Reassessment
You've actually got stuff there that isn't requested or needed. If it's not on the checklist, there is no need to submit it.

T3 and T4 slips are not needed. The payslips and NOA are sufficient.

The upfront medical sheet is all you need. The X-ray receipt is not needed.

As stated in the checklist, they only want the biodata pages of your current passport. They don't need stamps from your current passport and they don't need anything from your old passport.

Education and language documents are not required or even considered for an American applicant, so no need to submit any of that.

The don't need your SIN or any of your tax documents.

I don't know what you mean by PCC cover letter. A cover letter is not required unless you are missing a PCC and need to explain that. When you say PCC "printout", I assume you are referring to the original PCC?

TravisK

Aug 24, 2016
Will it hinder my application if they are included? I just wanted to add as many things as I could to ensure they have everything they need.

As for the T3/T4, I just figured it couldn't hurt
The X-Ray receipt is just there as further evidence of having completed it, I know it's not required.

Yea, I may get rid of the old passport and current stamps, but I supplied it as backup data as to my visits to Canada while my wife and I were dating long distance. I put a page of notes explaining that in the "proof of relationship" folder. It may be too much data, I'll reconsider.

Ok, I added the language and education documents because they were required (even for an American) for the Express Entry profile which I was starting, and may still submit. I figured they might be interested to see?

Yea, my SIN and Tax docs are really there just because they have my wife's address on them, as some proof of cohabitation.

As for the Police certs, I added a cover letter to explain that the document provided was the pdf printout from the email I recieved from the 3rd party channeller. It explains that when I receive the documents from the channeler, I will forward that on. The FBI is no longer providing "originals" with a raised watermark (is my understanding), but I don't want to submit a printout and have them say it is insufficient. Do others just print out the PDF and attach it, and that's that?

Thanks much

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
TravisK said:
Will it hinder my application if they are included? I just wanted to add as many things as I could to ensure they have everything they need.

The X-Ray receipt is just there as further evidence of having completed it, I know it's not required.

Ok, I added the language and education documents because they were required (even for an American) for the Express Entry profile which I was starting, and may still submit. I figured they might be interested to see?

As for the Police certs, I added a cover letter to explain that the document provided was the pdf printout from the email I recieved from the 3rd party channeller. It explains that when I receive the documents from the channeler, I will forward that on. The FBI is no longer providing "originals" with a raised watermark (is my understanding), but I don't want to submit a printout and have them say it is insufficient. Do others just print out the PDF and attach it, and that's that?
If you follow the checklists, they will have everything they need. Including extra stuff won't hinder your app but it isn't necessary.

You already have the employment letter, payslips and the NOA. The T3/T4s are redundant.

The X-ray receipt is also redundant. The medical receipt is all that is needed.

Language and education documents are required for all EE applicants. However, they mean absolutely nothing for a sponsorship app and will not be considered.

Whatever you get from the channeller is acceptable. Including a cover letter for it is fine.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
TravisK said:

Yea, I may get rid of the old passport and current stamps, but I supplied it as backup data as to my visits to Canada while my wife and I were dating long distance. I put a page of notes explaining that in the "proof of relationship" folder. It may be too much data, I'll reconsider.

Yea, my SIN and Tax docs are really there just because they have my wife's address on them, as some proof of cohabitation.
It won't hurt you to include things they don't ask for. They are not necessary, though, unless the relationship has a lot of red flags (which I doubt).
The T3 and T4, and the x-ray receipt, are really not needed. I would take them out.
The old passport and stamps are proof that you visited each other, so I would keep them in.
The language and education documents are not needed. I would only keep them in if you are worried the visa officer might think that the two of you will not be able to support yourselves in Canada. In which case, a letter explaining your plans once you arrive in Canada should be included with the application, detailing where you will live, what jobs you will look for, etc. In this scenario, including documents proving the applicant can speak English (or French) and is educated can help. However, in your case I cannot imagine that the visa officer would be concerned about this. I would not include them.
Evidence of cohabitation is fine, so include the SIN and tax documents.