Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2010
Doc's Request.
18-05-2010/Full Doc. 31-08-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
I want to ask the people who have already sent the full documents to buffalo visa office about the letter from the bank. It is enough to send a letter from the bank where is shown the amount of money, or we have to send, besides the letter, the bank statements from the past 6 months? How you guys did? Because I didn't have the whole amount of money 6 months ago, nor I deposited them yesterday...but what is the best way to do, so everything will be allright? thank you.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bank account statement would be required. All they want to know if the amount belongs to applicant or borrowed. Even if you have gold/ property and you sold it and deposited in bank account- that is also fine.Send proof of that also, that you sold your own asset to show liquid cash( requirement of Visa Office )

micuza2004

Star Member
Apr 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
Thank you. Maybe if I will atach the bank statements from the last three months, there will no be any problems, hopefully :)

desiboy100

Jul 12, 2010
Hi experts...

I am a new member, and I am trying to get some clarification. I already sent my documents to Buffalo, where i showed my Bank account(s) statements for the past 6 months, as well as my 401 K as part of my funds (I used to work in the US, and I have an active 401K there, but I am not in the US anymore).

I was wondering whether I can continue to show my 401K account for my Proof of Landing. If not, I might have to withdraw/break my 401K, and transfer the money into the bank account, since I might not have enough money in my bank account to fulfill the Proof of Landing requirement.

Please advice.

Thanks

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desiboy100 said:
Hi experts...

I am a new member, and I am trying to get some clarification. I already sent my documents to Buffalo, where i showed my Bank account(s) statements for the past 6 months, as well as my 401 K as part of my funds (I used to work in the US, and I have an active 401K there, but I am not in the US anymore).

I was wondering whether I can continue to show my 401K account for my Proof of Landing. If not, I might have to withdraw/break my 401K, and transfer the money into the bank account, since I might not have enough money in my bank account to fulfill the Proof of Landing requirement.

Please advice.

Thanks
Hi desiboy,

If you are sure you can break your 401k then I think you are Ok or else you might have to arrange separate funds. Do you have any document which mentions that you could break it?

In case you have to arrange other funds then be sure to arrange it soon and send the bank statement before the VO opens your application for assessment.

Mitali

Mitali

rado

Jun 24, 2010
ba, svk
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2014
LANDED..........
not yet
Do you guys happen to know, if a print-out from my on-line bank account statment would be all right?
As proof of funds.
Or it has to be signed and stamped by the bank?
And is not just 1 account statement enough?
I see some of you were talking about statements from the last 3 or 6 months.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rado said:
Do you guys happen to know, if a print-out from my on-line bank account statment would be all right?
As proof of funds.
Or it has to be signed and stamped by the bank?
And is not just 1 account statement enough?
I see some of you were talking about statements from the last 3 or 6 months.

Hi rado,

You have to:

1.Get bank statements. Online statements are fine.The requirement to get 3-6 months statement depends on the Visa office. Considering the current situation it is better to provide at least 3 months but the more the better.
2. You have to get a statement from the bank regarding the current money in your account which should be free from any liabilities etc.
3. This account statement from Bank should be recent.

Mitali

micuza2004

Star Member
Apr 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
yes, rado, because it depends on the visa office. buffalo requires in their visa office specific instructions the last 6 bank statements. that is why I asked in the first place how other people did... whether they send only a stamped letter from the bank, or they send the letter together with the last bank statements. i don't know what to do because six months ago I didn't have the whole amount in my account...

rado

Jun 24, 2010
ba, svk
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2014
LANDED..........
not yet
Hi guys,
I am only worried because I think the on-line bank statements can be altered.
I mean the sum of money can be changed in the computer before print-out.
So will they accept that?

And my account is not in the country where I reside now. So that makes it a bit more complicated.

Thanks.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
micuza2004 said:
yes, rado, because it depends on the visa office. buffalo requires in their visa office specific instructions the last 6 bank statements. that is why I asked in the first place how other people did... whether they send only a stamped letter from the bank, or they send the letter together with the last bank statements. i don't know what to do because six months ago I didn't have the whole amount in my account...
Hi micuza2004,

Oh it does not matter... don't worry if you did not have that much amount in your account 6 months back. But you have now... that is what matters. When you send your application you should have the required amount.

Mitali

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rado said:
Hi guys,
I am only worried because I think the on-line bank statements can be altered.
I mean the sum of money can be changed in the computer before print-out.
So will they accept that?

And my account is not in the country where I reside now. So that makes it a bit more complicated.

Thanks.
Hi rado,

If you have online facility to download from the Bank website, then you are ok. If not, then you can request your bank to provide you with last 3 or 6 month paper statement. They are supposed to provide.

Do you have any relative or friend who can do this job for you if you provided an "Authorization letter". If possible call the bank and provide them with the details and your requirements and also mention by phone and/or email (email would be better to keep a record), that you need this to be delivered to your friend or relative.

Mitali

micuza2004

Star Member
Apr 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
Thank you guys for your answers, but still I'm asking how you did(here I mean the people who chose Buffalo, and are with the application before the new legislation, June 2010)...It's Ok to send only a stamped letter from the bank with the amount or I have to attach the bank statements from the past 6 months. I'm sorry, I don't want to upset with all these questions, but we are so stressed right now...and we want everything to be fine...thank you.

desiboy100

Jul 12, 2010
Thanks Mitali..

Well, I am no longer working in the US. So, I spoke to Fidelity where I have my 401k, and they informed that since I am no longer working in the US, I can continue to keep the 401K or take the money out (of course, i will be taxed around 35%) if I remove the money right now.

So, I will find out how soon i can get my 401K out (I thin it normally take 2-3 weeks).

But thanks for your reply.

mitali said:
Hi desiboy,

If you are sure you can break your 401k then I think you are Ok or else you might have to arrange separate funds. Do you have any document which mentions that you could break it?

In case you have to arrange other funds then be sure to arrange it soon and send the bank statement before the VO opens your application for assessment.

Mitali

Mitali

desiboy100

Jul 12, 2010
I sent my documents to Buffalo around February 2010 under Federal Skilled Class. For my funds, I sent 6 months banks statements, 6 months of 401K records, and a bank letter (stamped by the bank manager) showing that I had XXX funds in the bank as of February 2010 in liquid cash. I would always say that the more precise your documentation, the better you will be.

I haven't heard any request from buffalo for further documentation since then. So, I am assuming they are either still looking at my documents and/or happy with what I had submitted.

micuza2004 said:
Thank you guys for your answers, but still I'm asking how you did(here I mean the people who chose Buffalo, and are with the application before the new legislation, June 2010)...It's Ok to send only a stamped letter from the bank with the amount or I have to attach the bank statements from the past 6 months. I'm sorry, I don't want to upset with all these questions, but we are so stressed right now...and we want everything to be fine...thank you.

cforcanada

Mar 1, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My problem is same like Micuzza.................My recent, 4 months bank statements show enough cash but the first 2 statements are around $9000. So do we require to show $13000 + ..... for the last 6 months or its the latest balance that is important.

1 st month = around $9,000
2nd month = around $10,000
3rd month = 13,000 +
4th month = 15,000 +
5th month = 18,000 +
6th month = 21,000 +

With each months paycheck deposited as a proof that we didn't borrow money from anybody. Is it valid or I need to start from $13,000 from the 1st month?
Please anybody with any information help us.