+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About proof of funds

plaindot

Mar 23, 2011
Hi, I want to apply for multi-entry visitor visa, however i have a question about proof of funds.

I left canada 2 years ago, however I still have a canadian bank account there with a decent amount of money, way more than enough to support myself while I'm visiting again. I was wondering if it's a good idea to use my canadian account as proof of funds, or is it not allowed since I am no longer a temporary resident since quite a while ago?

Or should I avoid it and use my local family proof of funds (example: my sister/mother bank statements)? Because from the online checklist, they asked for proof of funds of the person who INVITED me, but can I show my local bank statements (either mine or family's) instead?

Thank you.

thisu

Star Member
Jun 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 march 2013
File Transfer...
29 march 2013
Med's Done....
18 January 2013
Passport Req..
19 April 2013
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
plaindot said:
Hi, I want to apply for multi-entry visitor visa, however i have a question about proof of funds.

I left canada 2 years ago, however I still have a canadian bank account there with a decent amount of money, way more than enough to support myself while I'm visiting again. I was wondering if it's a good idea to use my canadian account as proof of funds, or is it not allowed since I am no longer a temporary resident since quite a while ago?

Or should I avoid it and use my local family proof of funds (example: my sister/mother bank statements)? Because from the online checklist, they asked for proof of funds of the person who INVITED me, but can I show my local bank statements (either mine or family's) instead?

Thank you.
if you were in Canada under what category? the visitor cannot open a bank account. if you were student or work permit category you can show your bank account. make sure about your status before you apply the TRV visa.

plaindot

Mar 23, 2011
I was both student and work permit category. My visas were in my old passport, should I show the old visas proof of my old passport? Since it's now online application, I should scan it, right?
Now I am no longer student or worker, is it really fine to keep the bank account? I'm not 100% sure, I was under impression it should be fine..

Thanks, reply would be appreciated ! :D