Nomination.....
05-15-2020
AOR Received.
08-12-2020
Med's Request
30-12-2020
Med's Done....
28-12-2020
is there a possibility that only non essential businesses will get that email?
You will get it soon. Some are received today in our group. My company is essential and still open.

Reactions: SIM001

jiten.singh83

May 8, 2020
Respected Forum members,
Recently I applied for OINP International Student - Employer Job Offer Stream, as I was working as an IT consultant with one of the leading consulting firms. Due to COVID, I lost my job and as per protocols, I did update OINP with the change in my job situation Yesterday. Today in the morning, I received an email from OINP marked to my CEO(signing Authority in employer form), that please confirm the status of Jitender's employment and they did provide 3 options below for him.
Please confirm whether the job offer
- has not changed, the job remains available and offer is still valid; or
- is no longer available due to the position being eliminated or employment terminated; or
- has been affected by a COVID-19 related temporary layoff under the Employment Standards Act, 2000 (ESA).
Should the program not receive a response within 15 calendar days, your application will be deemed incomplete and the fee refunded.
Please note that the OINP will:
- Continue to process applications where there is no change in job offer/employment
- Provide a refund to the applicant if the job offer/employment has been terminated
- Hold the application for up to 90 days from the date of this email if the job offer/employment is affected by temporary lay-off under the Employment Standards Act, 2000 (ESA).
I am trying to speak to my employer (CEO) and HR to see if there is some possible solution to this.

Please let me know if there anybody is in a similar situation or any possible guidance will be appreciated.

expsam

Jan 16, 2020

Hi everyone, I have received the below email from OINP. As I understand my employer needs to send them my new employment letter. Am I right?

Job Offer for an Approved Employment Position (O Reg 422/17 (General), paragraph 1 of sections 5, 6 and 7)

The applicant must have obtained a job offer for an employment position that has been approved by the director in accordance with the Act.

Please confirm whether the job offer:
  • has not changed, job remains available and offer is still valid; or
  • is no longer available due to the position being eliminated or employment terminated; or
  • has been affected by a COVID-19 related temporary layoff under the Employment Standards Act, 2000 (ESA)

Noor1995

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Hi everyone, I have received the below email from OINP. As I understand my employer needs to send them my new employment letter. Am I right?

Job Offer for an Approved Employment Position (O Reg 422/17 (General), paragraph 1 of sections 5, 6 and 7)

The applicant must have obtained a job offer for an employment position that has been approved by the director in accordance with the Act.

Please confirm whether the job offer:
  • has not changed, job remains available and offer is still valid; or
  • is no longer available due to the position being eliminated or employment terminated; or
  • has been affected by a COVID-19 related temporary layoff under the Employment Standards Act, 2000 (ESA)
my employer responded
Further to your email below, this serves to confirm that the job offer for XXX has not changed, the job remains available and the offer is still valid.

Please contact me any time if you have any questions or concerns.

Reactions: Evodia.D

jiten.singh83

May 8, 2020
Respected Forum members,
Recently I applied for OINP International Student - Employer Job Offer Stream, as I was working as an IT consultant with one of the leading consulting firms. Due to COVID, I lost my job and as per protocols, I did update OINP with the change in my job situation Yesterday. Today in the morning, I received an email from OINP marked to my CEO(signing Authority in employer form), that please confirm the status of Jitender's employment and they did provide 3 options below for him.
Please confirm whether the job offer
- has not changed, the job remains available and offer is still valid; or
- is no longer available due to the position being eliminated or employment terminated; or
- has been affected by a COVID-19 related temporary layoff under the Employment Standards Act, 2000 (ESA).
Should the program not receive a response within 15 calendar days, your application will be deemed incomplete and the fee refunded.
Please note that the OINP will:
- Continue to process applications where there is no change in job offer/employment
- Provide a refund to the applicant if the job offer/employment has been terminated
- Hold the application for up to 90 days from the date of this email if the job offer/employment is affected by temporary lay-off under the Employment Standards Act, 2000 (ESA).
I am trying to speak to my employer (CEO) and HR to see if there is some possible solution to this.

Please let me know if there anybody is in a similar situation or any possible guidance will be appreciated.

Guys if anybody is into this situation, please respond and would request if any immigration lawyer can guide me on this.

expsam

Jan 16, 2020
my employer responded
Further to your email below, this serves to confirm that the job offer for XXX has not changed, the job remains available and the offer is still valid.

Please contact me any time if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks for your response.

Is it means to reply to their email is fine, no need to upload employment letter

Reactions: Noor1995

bbjeon38

Champion Member
Jun 1, 2019
Kitchener
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15-05-2020
Nomination.....
05-15-2020
AOR Received.
08-12-2020
Med's Request
30-12-2020
Med's Done....
28-12-2020
Guys if anybody is into this situation, please respond and would request if any immigration lawyer can guide me on this.
Did you get laid off temporarily or permanently? If it is temporary, you can continue to process after resuming to work within 90 days. If it is permanent, no luck. I hope you return to your original job as soon as possible.

jiten.singh83

May 8, 2020
Did you get laid off temporarily or permanently? If it is temporary, you can continue to process after resuming to work within 90 days. If it is permanent, no luck.
My company is a private equity-backed firm and a few of our projects didn't get final sign off from the clients and that's why there was a layoff. Though HR mentioned they will consider rehiring once the situation is over or in better situation, however, we still are unclear about this and we don't know how soon it is going to be over. It's all about anticipation nothing more than that.

bbjeon38

Champion Member
Jun 1, 2019
Kitchener
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15-05-2020
Nomination.....
05-15-2020
AOR Received.
08-12-2020
Med's Request
30-12-2020
Med's Done....
28-12-2020
My company is a private equity-backed firm and a few of our projects didn't get final sign off from the clients and that's why there was a layoff. Though HR mentioned they will consider rehiring once the situation is over or in better situation, however, we still are unclear about this and we don't know how soon it is going to be over. It's all about anticipation nothing more than that.
The email is clear. You'd better ask your company to send your temporary lay-off to OINP and your application can continue to process if you resume working within 90 days from now. if not, they refund your fee.

Mini Singh

Star Member
May 8, 2020
Hi There ,
I am new into this threat
My Timeline is
Submitted : March 07, 2020.
Assessment : March 09
DIP : Either 17 or 18 March
No ADR
Email to employer about confirmation : 7 May
Reply to email : 8 May
OINP portable is still in DIP status and it didnt change to " Waiting for information' . Why ?, i read other responses too , everyone changes to waiting for info when they got the email , but mine didnt change.

bbjeon38

Champion Member
Jun 1, 2019
Kitchener
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15-05-2020
Nomination.....
05-15-2020
AOR Received.
08-12-2020
Med's Request
30-12-2020
Med's Done....
28-12-2020
Hi There ,
I am new into this threat
My Timeline is
Submitted : March 07, 2020.
Assessment : March 09
DIP : Either 17 or 18 March
No ADR
Email to employer about confirmation : 7 May
Reply to email : 8 May
OINP portable is still in DIP status and it didnt change to " Waiting for information' . Why ?, i read other responses too , everyone changes to waiting for info when they got the email , but mine didnt change.
Did you receive the confirmation email after your employer sent? Anyway, the right one is "Decision In Progress" at the portal after confirmation of job offer.
---------------------------
Dear Madam/Sir,
Thank you for your response to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.
This email confirms receipt of your correspondence indicating that the job offer has not changed due to COVID-19.
Once again, thank you for your email and for your interest in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.

Sincerely,

Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program | Programme ontarien des candidats à l’immigration
Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development | Ministère du Travail, de la Formation et du Développement des compétences
Government of Ontario | Gouvernement de l’Ontario

Mini Singh

Star Member
May 8, 2020
nothing yet
manager replied this morning around 08:47 , but i haven't received anything from OINP with confirmation

bbjeon38

Champion Member
Jun 1, 2019
Kitchener
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15-05-2020
Nomination.....
05-15-2020
AOR Received.
08-12-2020
Med's Request
30-12-2020
Med's Done....
28-12-2020
The email is clear. You'd better ask your company to send your temporary lay-off to OINP and your application can continue to process if you resume working within 90 days from now. if not, they refund your fee.
One member's employer in our chat room informed temporary lay-off. He received the email to ask him to upload the employment confirmation letter within 90 days (until Aug/6). If not, the application will be deemed incomplete and payment will be refunded.

Reactions: SIM001