+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

about language requirement

Deep Benipal

Mar 17, 2015
Hello everyone , this is deep benipal from india .I have done b.tech in ECE and now i want to do post-graduation in canada . for that I took IELTS exam and got overall band score of 6 (Listening - 6.5 , Writing - 6.5 , Reading - 5.5 , Speaking - 5.5) . So kindly tell me that Am i eligible to apply under SPP or not ? ...I also want to know about the minimum band requirement according to Canadian High Commission for international students who want to do post-graduation courses in Canada

Regards,
Gurdeep Singh

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deep Benipal said:
Hello everyone , this is deep benipal from india .I have done b.tech in ECE and now i want to do post-graduation in canada . for that I took IELTS exam and got overall band score of 6 (Listening - 6.5 , Writing - 6.5 , Reading - 5.5 , Speaking - 5.5) . So kindly tell me that Am i eligible to apply under SPP or not ? ...I also want to know about the minimum band requirement according to Canadian High Commission for international students who want to do post-graduation courses in Canada

Regards,
Gurdeep Singh
You should google for the specific requirements for the schools you'd like to attend in Canada - the schools have different admission requirements BUT most would need a 6 or 6.5 so you should re-take your exam

Deep Benipal

Mar 17, 2015
Thanx for replying to my queries........I searched a PG program in fleming college and the requirement for that course was overall 6 with no less than 5.5 in each . So please tell me can i apply for that course . I sent an e-mail to college and they told me that you are eligible and can apply but i want to know whether i will get visa on this band score or not ?

regards

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deep Benipal said:
Thanx for replying to my queries........I searched a PG program in fleming college and the requirement for that course was overall 6 with no less than 5.5 in each . So please tell me can i apply for that course . I sent an e-mail to college and they told me that you are eligible and can apply but i want to know whether i will get visa on this band score or not ?

regards
To be eligible for VISA - you'll need to meet other requirements, not just IELTS.

You should go through the checklist for study permit on CIC

Deep Benipal

Mar 17, 2015
yeah i know about other requirements like letter of acceptance , financial requirements etc but i only want to know that if a college gives me a offer letter with overall 6 and no less than 5.5 in each module then can i get visa or it can be rejected by VISA officer because of language abilities . What is the minimum band requirement according to Canadian high commission ?

thanyou

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deep Benipal said:
yeah i know about other requirements like letter of acceptance , financial requirements etc but i only want to know that if a college gives me a offer letter with overall 6 and no less than 5.5 in each module then can i get visa or it can be rejected by VISA officer because of language abilities . What is the minimum band requirement according to Canadian high commission ?

thanyou
There isn't a minimum band requirement according to Canadian high commission -

You should check with the schools individually - if they say YES, then it's YES. if they say NO, then it's NO

A score might be OK for school A, it might not be OK for school B

There isn't a specific test score for ALL schools

Deep Benipal

Mar 17, 2015
Sir i sent an e-mail to a college in canada . They told me that you are eligible in our college . Now my question is , if i get offer letter from a college then is it sure that i will get visa ??... or is it still in the hands of embassy for whom to give visa ??

Regards ,

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deep Benipal said:
Sir i sent an e-mail to a college in canada . They told me that you are eligible in our college . Now my question is , if i get offer letter from a college then is it sure that i will get visa ??... or is it still in the hands of embassy for whom to give visa ??

Regards ,
Getting a offer letter does NOT guarantee a VISA

Deep Benipal

Mar 17, 2015
today , I got an offer letter from a canadian college . Now please guide me about financial arrangements . How long the funds in my account should be old ? ..I heard that recently deposited money can become a refusal of visa ?

Regards ,
Gurdeep Singh

fc2006

Mar 27, 2015
Hi!

Nov.28,2014 i was pass my application in NOVASCOTIAPNP as a skilled worker.And i was declared my first ielts score 4.0,so the immigration officer sent a letter to let me know that my ielts it was field.I should to pass the mean score each category like 5? since i've seach again the creteria for ielts is L5,R4,W5,S5.Last March 14,2015 i took ielts again and i got my result yesterday and i felt worried and comfused 'bout my score if is this fine for my Noc code 6212 as a managerial. Listening 5, reading 3.5,writing 5, speaking 5.5 overall 5.0 is this qualified for my application as a managerial eventhough that i had a 3.5?

Regars

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
3.5 is an extremely low score. I highly doubt CIC is going to believe you can do a managerial job with a score that low. You need to improve your English and take the test again.

ahmed5

Sep 7, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24 - 12 - 2014
Nomination.....
PER 21 - 03 - 2015
AOR Received.
11 - 05 - 2015
IELTS Request
8 ( send with application )
Med's Request
06 - 08 - 2015
Med's Done....
11 - 08 -2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 - 10 - 2015
VISA ISSUED...
18- 10 - 2015
LANDED..........
09 / 02 / 2016
For Manager job you should have at least 6 in all bands.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fc2006 said:
Hi!

Nov.28,2014 i was pass my application in NOVASCOTIAPNP as a skilled worker.And i was declared my first ielts score 4.0,so the immigration officer sent a letter to let me know that my ielts it was field.I should to pass the mean score each category like 5? since i've seach again the creteria for ielts is L5,R4,W5,S5.Last March 14,2015 i took ielts again and i got my result yesterday and i felt worried and comfused 'bout my score if is this fine for my Noc code 6212 as a managerial. Listening 5, reading 3.5,writing 5, speaking 5.5 overall 5.0 is this qualified for my application as a managerial eventhough that i had a 3.5?

Regars
NO - your scores are too low to be accepted

bern78

Jun 1, 2017
Hi there,

I would like to know which program or somehow I could be eligible at any point. I am applying for Family Immigration under FSW, I know my IELTS score didn't met the requirement as I have only L=5.5 R=5.5 W=5.5 S=6.5 overall=6. I have 11 years of working experience in IT field and graduated a 5-year-course of Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering. My wife also has this same educational background but different career with the same length of working experience as a Procurement Supervisor. I have a brother in Alberta and he is already a permanent resident. He is helping me to figure it out what he could do with my situation.
There are 60 different Canadian immigration programs and please advise which one could resolve my problem without retaking the IELTS exam.

Thanks in advance!