+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About BOWP?? Desperately need HELP NOW!!!!

TiffyChengrs

Nov 29, 2013
GUYS!!!!! I'm so desperate right now! Please help me out!!! ??? ??? :'( :'( :'(

I don't know if my question should be under working in Canada or immigration to Canada.

I got my PNP in Ontario like in July and already applied for PR (Medical Exam is done and the results are sent for like 2 months+ and the application status is still "Application Received". I'm worried...). And the thing is my CURRENT OWP(sorry I remembered wrong. i guess it's the post graduate WP but is also shows open EA) will be expired in January 2014 so the clock is ticking! My problem is I do know I need to apply for a BOWP but the thing is after I did the online eligibility check, it showed me 3 options which are:1)eligible for a work permit. 2)temporary visa and 3)an OWP. I don't know which one to apply for!!

And the other question is when I'm filling out the IMM5710E, it asks that "I am applying for one or more of the following". I have absolutely NO IDEA which one to tick. Is it the same employer (which indicates I'm trying to apply for a BOWP) or a new employer (I did just changed to a new work place) or the "Initial temporary resident permit or extension of TRP (I don't even understand what this one is trying to say!)"???? I really don't know which one (or more) is the correct one that will tell CEC that I'm trying to apply for a BOWP.

I'm desperate right now and really need help. PLEASE do answer me ASAP!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

TiffyChengrs said:
GUYS!!!!! I'm so desperate right now! Please help me out!!! ??? ??? :'( :'( :'(

I don't know if my question should be under working in Canada or immigration to Canada.

I got my PNP in Ontario like in July and already applied for PR (Medical Exam is done and the results are sent for like 2 months+ and the application status is still "Application Received". I'm worried...). And the thing is my CURRENT OWP(the one which applied with PNP at first place) will be expired in January 2014 so the clock is ticking! My problem is I do know I need to apply for a BOWP but the thing is after I did the online eligibility check, it showed me 3 options which are:1)eligible for a work permit. 2)temporary visa and 3)an OWP. I don't know which one to apply for!!

And the other question is when I'm filling out the IMM5710E, it asks that "I am applying for one or more of the following". I have absolutely NO IDEA which one to tick. Is it the same employer (which indicates I'm trying to apply for a BOWP) or a new employer (I did just changed to a new work place) or the "Initial temporary resident permit or extension of TRP (I don't even understand what this one is trying to say!)"???? I really don't know which one (or more) is the correct one that will tell CEC that I'm trying to apply for a BOWP.

I'm desperate right now and really need help. PLEASE do answer me ASAP!
1. Open Work Permit.
2. New Employer.

Summerr

Jun 28, 2010
Ontario
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14 NOV 2013
Doc's Request.
15 May 2014(reminder mail) and 11 June 2014(specifics)
Nomination.....
1 Oct 2013
AOR Received.
7 January 2014
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
7 January 2014
Interview........
No Interview but Decision Made on July 7
LANDED..........
Inland
You can not apply for a bridging open work permit if you have a month or two left on your present work permit. Your work permit should at least have 4 more months due on it. You can read this bulletin for more info, here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp

TiffyChengrs

Nov 29, 2013
WHAT?

On the Bulletin it says:

Bridging Open WP – Eligibility Parameters
To be eligible for a bridging open WP, the following parameters must be met:

The foreign national is currently in Canada;
They have valid status on a WP that is due to expire within 4 months;
They have received a positive eligibility decision on their PR application under one of the Economic Class programs above; and
They have made application for an open WP.

The 2) says the WP is due to expire WITHIN 4 months. Not More than 4 months. I don't know T_T I'm confused!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Summerr said:
You can not apply for a bridging open work permit if you have a month or two left on your present work permit. Your work permit should at least have 4 more months due on it. You can read this bulletin for more info, here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp
Completely incorrect. To qualify for a BOWP your work permit must have 4 months OR LESS validity remaining.

Quoting from the bulletin you referenced:

They have valid status on a WP that is due to expire within 4 months

Summerr

Jun 28, 2010
Ontario
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14 NOV 2013
Doc's Request.
15 May 2014(reminder mail) and 11 June 2014(specifics)
Nomination.....
1 Oct 2013
AOR Received.
7 January 2014
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
7 January 2014
Interview........
No Interview but Decision Made on July 7
LANDED..........
Inland
Ohh, it is my bad. That is a typo. It was suppose to mean at least 4 months due on it before it expires, as we all can see from the bulletin I have made a reference to here.
And scylla, I beg to defer but there is no mention of 'LESS' (less than four months) anywhere in the bulletin. On the contrary 'it says with in 4 months'. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
"Within 4 months" means 4 months or less.