+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ab

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Alert : Duped by a family for PR

Hi, this is a follow up post for the last one I posted last week about the probable mutual consent divorce ahead and the then upcoming landing for the spouse

I’m a recent CEC Permanent resident. I came to know today that my spouse completed her landing procedures last week without my knowledge when she and her family were maintaining that she is gonna land by May end and would come live with me and should give a final try to make it work. Her family maintained that she is visiting a hill station in south India with her cousins while she was actually visiting Toronto to complete her landing procedures. She landed back in India today morning.

The marriage was in shambles and I posted the last post asking suggestion whether it’s legal for my spouse to land when we were seriously discussing mutual consent. I haven’t applied spousal visa in the past 3 years of marriage as I wasn’t sure about the relationship. But I helped her for her study permit twice with SOP and arrangements of documents which were refused by IRCC.

They hid her landing procedure from me and she herself mentioned today that she did it because she was worried that I would inform IRCC about the seperated status and the probable divorce ahead.

She also mentioned that she provided one of her friend’s address for the PR card delivery. When I told her today that I’m gonna inform IRCC about their wrongdoing, she mentioned that she would make sure my family back home would face legal consequences from her. We never demanded any dowry or have made any physical assaults or anything on her. She just lived in my parent’s home only for 2 or 3 weeks when I was there. And visited 3 or 4 times for some Poojas and festivals in the past 3 years in my absence.

Me and my family are in great stress, disappointment and fear. I feel very much embarrassed and disappointed for being used. I feel disgusted that I was once in madly love with this kinda person. One part of me just thinks that it’s ok to let go of this as she was very desperate for PR for past many months, but the other part of me tells that I struggled 5 years here as a student and PGWP holder for CEC eligibility and corona backlogs and I can’t let someone use it for their own good.

People who have experienced similar stuff and lawyers please comment about your advices.

Regards,
Fuck. The dowry related abuse can hurt a bit. But if you have proof of the the conversation your family can file a legal action reporting extortion from them.

Report her. Also, check if you fall under misrepresentation too. Since you are what we call as a "cooling off" period (12 months of required separation before divorce decree), you risk yourself by not reporting her too.