+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A small win for the PGWP/CEC candidates

Alimoh

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
A small win for all those who signed the petition.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/new-immigration-rules-risk-leaving-international-students-behind/article22886693/

https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-candidates-on-open-work-permits-and-working-in-canada-need-more-visibility-in-express-entry-system

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
Lammawitch said:
The comments on the article are "interesting" :(.
Yup... people hate us now. :p :p :p :p

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lammawitch said:
The comments on the article are "interesting" :(.
Those are ¨clicktivists¨ all they do is browse news articles and post hateful statements.

Alimoh

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
LOL... Such ignorant hate in the comments..... All I can say is We weren't handed these jobs on a golden platter... We fought and out classed the local applicants.. despite the fact that we had the odds aginst us... We deserve the jobs we work at... WE have EARNED them. We were better at it!!!

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
these comment writers are those kinda people, called " ARM CHAIR PHILOSOPHERS". they don't want to do anything, neither send their kids for higher education nor work hard to keep up their jobs and yet ask for high pensions and unemployment insurances from the Govt.

They only know how to sit on an Arm Chair and complain/ pass uninformed opinions about political topics!

I've never heard an educated, informed Canadian ever complain so bluntly about immigration.

I agree Immigration need to be controlled and trash immigration has to be stopped, but those comments are totally baseless!
Please pay no heed to them!

AAA2133

Dec 17, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
They have nothing to do other than reading the news and putting some non-sense comments! They even don't understand the point here: the point is that if Canada is in need of immigrants (which obviously is as otherwise the whole immigration system would not be there), why not give preference to the young and well-monitored international students who have integrated into the diverse Canadian society and are ready to contribute, compared to candidates from other sides of the world who upon arrival would be very slow in their integration process and put more burden on the tax-payers???

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
AAA2133 said:
They have nothing to do other than reading the news and putting some non-sense comments! They even don't understand the point here: the point is that if Canada is in need of immigrants (which obviously is as otherwise the whole immigration system would not be there), why not give preference to the young and well-monitored international students who have integrated into the diverse Canadian society and are ready to contribute, compared to candidates from other sides of the world who upon arrival would be very slow in their integration process and put more burden on the tax-payers???
By your own logic, wouldn't the country benefit more from people who already have jobs and offer skills that Canadians currently lack (i.e., those that can get a LMIA and have a job offer)? Such people would obviously not be a burden on taxpayers since they are already working, and would serve to enhance Canadian society by bringing skills, talents and experience that are lacking in the market. I'm not sure how giving priority to students who don't offer any unique skills or attributes will serve to help the country in the long run.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
torontosm said:
By your own logic, wouldn't the country benefit more from people who already have jobs and offer skills that Canadians currently lack (i.e., those that can get a LMIA and have a job offer)? Such people would obviously not be a burden on taxpayers since they are already working, and would serve to enhance Canadian society by bringing skills, talents and experience that are lacking in the market. I'm not sure how giving priority to students who don't offer any unique skills or attributes will serve to help the country in the long run.
Nobody is asking for full priority for graduates with a job (Note: Not just "graduates"). Everyone with LMIA will still get picked right away. What is asking here is to give a fair chance to graduates with a job offer, who got through the same hiring procedure as everyone else (Canadian or otherwise), has Canadian experience (which employers prefer over foreign experiences) and have already adapted to Canadian culture and lifestyle, just as those with LMIA. Difficulties of new graduates to obtain LMIA is already well documented.

AAA2133

Dec 17, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
torontosm said:
I do agree to give priority to LMIA applicants but IMHO new system does not value enough Canadian work experience and it's not really fair to expect young new-grad students started their career in Canada to compete with some foreign experts.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
AAA2133 said:
I do agree to give priority to LMIA applicants but IMHO new system does not value enough Canadian work experience and it's not really fair to expect young new-grad students started their career in Canada to compete with some foreign experts.
I agree that it's not fair, but if the foreign experts better meet Canada's needs, then they should be preferred. That said, I think that there should be greater points awarded for applicable and relevant Canadian work experience.

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
Alimoh said:
LOL... Such ignorant hate in the comments..... All I can say is We weren't handed these jobs on a golden platter... We fought and out classed the local applicants.. despite the fact that we had the odds aginst us... We deserve the jobs we work at... WE have EARNED them. We were better at it!!!
They can't fathom that someone from another country, much less NOT a first world country, could do a better job than them. Pathetic!