+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A quick a question that needs an answer????

myzzak

Jan 16, 2011
Dear all,,

I hold a 4 year Bsc degree from Canada, and right after graduation I started working with an Oil and Gas Canadian Company but outside Canada for one year, Could this be a valid Canadian experience (in other words am I eligible to apply under the CEC ) since i have been working with a Canadian company that is well known in Canada,,, and by the way I am still working with the same company,,, I want to get the PR what should I do?

Your help is highly and mostly appreciated,,,

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It clearly says at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp that the work experience has to be in Canada. If you get your Canadian employer to transfer you to Canada and continue to work for them for another year, you would qualify to apply under CEC.

myzzak

Jan 16, 2011
yeah I memorize everything in the Website :) , but I can send CIC a letter from my employer, I mean i don't understand what is the difference of having experience in CANADA verses outside CANADA even though the experience I am getting outside CANADA is more valuable and wider comparing to having it in CANADA. If it is for the reason that i have to know more about the country then I have already done that during my five year stay in CANADA, I just don't get it why does it have to be in CANADA, it makes sense to have my degree from Canada but not necessarily one year work experience IN CANADA?

Any Thoughts Leon.

Thanks,,,

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My thoughts; it is Canadian experience class and that is why they want Canadian experience.

Immigration makes the rules so they can make any immigration class they like, even for people with blue elephant tattooed on upper left thigh although somehow I find it unlikely that they will do that.

Of course you can apply. Try to argue that your experience working for a Canadian employer overseas is also valuable and should be counted. I will give you 1% chance you will get a VO on valium who will approve :)

Jan 18, 2011
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Im narby i had my medical exam last december as immigrant skilled worker, Im a nurse who worked for four years in the philippines andmore then a year here in dubai UAE(american hospital dubai) I passed the CGFNS IELTS and NCLEX_cali, Im expecting the visa this february. no my question is WILL I BE ABLE to work as a nurse ther in canada?how big is my chance and what should i do as per REGISTRATION?LICENSURE?PREPARATION. pls somebody help me because im really starting to become anxious about my future journey to canada

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
Immigration makes the rules so they can make any immigration class they like, even for people with blue elephant tattooed on upper left thigh although somehow I find it unlikely that they will do that.
There are tattoo parlours marking out the image at this very moment - just in case.

candy4

Jan 24, 2011
You need Canadian experience in order to be included. CIC is very strict, or have become stricter on this issues over the past years.