+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A question regarding PCC for Spousal sponsorship

vishnueesyr7

Dec 15, 2018
Hello members,

I'm sponsoring my wife for her Canadian PR and she lives in Spain as a resident for several years. We got the PCC from the justice department of Spain but in the PCC, there's a statement that follows:

This certificate reflects the applicant's status on the date of issue and it is issued exclusively for the purpose of PERSONAL INTEREST.

When my wife applied for the PCC, she clearly mentioned that it is for Canadian permanent residency but the purpose has been mentioned as Personal Interest. Does this become a problem later if I proceed to submit? I'm concerned so any help would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks again,

Vishnu

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Do the country-specific instructions for Spain indicate that the PCC must be completed in a specific manner, and say something else?

vishnueesyr7

Dec 15, 2018
Thanks for the response. No it doesn’t mention anything. I just had a little concern because it is explicitly mentioned in the PCC that it is meant for personal interests.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If the country specific requirements don't say anything, I would not worry too much. It's not like different results would be given for a PCC requested for other reasons.