+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A question about withdrawal of pof

Tony Stark7

Mar 7, 2023
Fsw outland
Aor: 20 january 2023
Eligibilty according to tracker is in progress and background check is not started

I want to withdraw the money from my bank account to convert it to usd or cad to avoid further loss due to currency fluctuation in my country

Is it okay to do so?

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Yes. You will have to convert it to CAD at some point anyway. Make sure you keep everything clearly documented and stay above the minimum required PoF and it's all good.

Tony Stark7

Mar 7, 2023
Yes. You will have to convert it to CAD at some point anyway. Make sure you keep everything clearly documented and stay above the minimum required PoF and it's all good.
It can’t be documented afterwards because I will have CAD in cash not in a bank account as it is not an option to have a bank account in our country in a different currency

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
it should be still fine. You will have a proof of currency exchange - some sort of a receipt or something, right? As far as I'm aware, IRCC doesn't ever do any credit checks or anything like that so they'll not know what exactly is in your bank account. If you provided PoF already then it should be fine. You're just exchanging your money earlier but it's something you would have to do at some point anyway.
Maybe someone else can confirm this but I don't see how this could be an issue.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

RTAHIR

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
Turkey
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
In case they asked for additional documents?
I guess you must be from Pakistan as I know the currency devaluation going on there. I would suggest you keep hold the money in the account for some time. if your eligibility is in progress that means you may get answer soon or they may ask you to provide documents again. As far as I understand for a month or 2 due to IMF deal with Pakistan currency may not devalue any further(unless there is some mishap). Eligibility in progress this early means you will get the answer soon. Wish you good luck

Tony Stark7

Mar 7, 2023
I guess you must be from Pakistan as I know the currency devaluation going on there. I would suggest you keep hold the money in the account for some time. if your eligibility is in progress that means you may get answer soon or they may ask you to provide documents again. As far as I understand for a month or 2 due to IMF deal with Pakistan currency may not devalue any further(unless there is some mishap). Eligibility in progress this early means you will get the answer soon. Wish you good luck
Thank you for your kind help.