+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

a possible denied entry to Canada.. please help

Khfa

Jan 26, 2019
Hello gouys,
I’m an international student doing my PhD at Concordia University. I finished all the required courses and now I’m working on my thesis.

I had to leave Canada by September 22nd because of some family problems, but now since the problem has been resolved I want to comeback to study in Canada .

However, before leaving Canada and before planning to leave , I applied to extend my study permit at the end of June 2018 and the application was under processing until the end of November with no response at all .
At that time I was in my country and I emailed the Canadian Embassy and they advised me to submit a new application to the embassy in order to extend my student visa and study permi as well.

So, I applied again on November And I just got my student visa extended last week along with it the study permit approval letter which I should give it to the CBSA agent in order to print my new study permit.

Now I want to comeback to Canada and my flight in 4 days , however yesterday I received an email from my school saying that they cancelled my registration for the winter term and I won’t be able to study this term because the deadline to enter Canada was January 18th . Also, they said the CBSA agent at the airport may not let me enter to Canada and won’t print my extended study permit and they will return me home with the nearest flight.

I need your advice guys .

Am I going to face any problems once I reach Montreal Airport if the officer knew that I’m not registered for the winter term but for sure I’ll be registered for the summer?

I have a wife and 2 little kids flying with me , and I don’t want them to suffer the entry denial process and return home again in the same day we arrive Canada . It’s a long flight “ 20 hours “ they cannot endure it at all.

Please let me know .

Thank you so much in advance.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Do you have proof that you are registered for summer? Since you need a place to study to get a study permit it would be a big risk to go without proof.

Reactions: Khfa

Khfa

Jan 26, 2019
Do you have proof that you are registered for summer? Since you need a place to study to get a study permit it would be a big risk to go without proof.
Thank you for your reply.

I’ll try to get the proof from my university for the summer.
But I still have 3 months for the summer semester to start.

Are they going to refuse my entry because it’s a long period? As far as I understand you only can enter prior to 1 month from the start of your study.
Thank you again

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Are they going to refuse my entry because it’s a long period? As far as I understand you only can enter prior to 1 month from the start of your study.
Thank you again
Yes, you could have problems entering early. CBSA may suspect you will work illegally, especially with a family to support.

Khfa

Jan 26, 2019
Yes, you could have problems entering early. CBSA may suspect you will work illegally, especially with a family to support.
Regarding the fund I don’t have any problems because I have a fully paid scholarship from my government.

My current concerns are about getting refused due to not registered for this term , or entering early for the summer

Thank you

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014

Thank you again
There is no restriction on coming earl as long as visa is valid, you could be asked for proof of finances though.