+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A permanent resident 10 years old travelling alone

• Thread starter Deleted member 1224586
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1224586

Good day! I have a concern. I am a Canadian Citizen and currently on vacation in the Philippines.

I sponsored my daughter which is a 10 years old minor. She is holding a Philippine passport and has a canada visa, she is also a permanent resident.

Unfortunately I cannot accompanied her to travel going to Canada. I'm planning to ask for the assistance of the airlines during her travel.

Just wanna ask if is it okay that she will be going there as dependent immigrant sponsorship without me in Canada?

Also if yes, what are the documents my daughter needs to provide in Canada Immigration and who is the one who will signed in her COPR since she is only 10 years old.

Thank you!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Good day! I have a concern. I am a Canadian Citizen and currently on vacation in the Philippines.

I sponsored my daughter which is a 10 years old minor. She is holding a Philippine passport and has a canada visa, she is also a permanent resident.

Unfortunately I cannot accompanied her to travel going to Canada. I'm planning to ask for the assistance of the airlines during her travel.

Just wanna ask if is it okay that she will be going there as dependent immigrant sponsorship without me in Canada?

Also if yes, what are the documents my daughter needs to provide in Canada Immigration and who is the one who will signed in her COPR since she is only 10 years old.

Thank you!
Bluntly I believe she is too young and this is too much responsibility for a child of her age. She should have an adult with some legal responsibility travelling with her at this step. Completing the admin steps is not trivial, and not without consequences.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah but I have a choice to ask airlines for their guide and care
But would the airlines take care of her after leaving the airport? I doubt it. Better to skip school until you are ready to take her with you to Canada. Btw, what emergency? We thought you were vacationing in PH. Many folks had to shorten their vacation and attend to emergency/priority elsewhere.

D

Deleted member 1224586

Where is she travelling from and to directly from PH to Canada. What is her POE? Is she her legal guardian?
Sorry what is POE? She is not the guardian but since I'm in the PH can I authorize her?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sorry what is POE? She is not the guardian but since I'm in the PH can I authorize her?
Port of Entry. You will have to ask IRCC if a person who is not a parent or legal guardian can sign off for her. I doubt any person can just sign off on landing on COPR. Option is for child to enter as a visitor and when you come back then she flagpoles for PR with yyou.