LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Correct, yes.

dakonej

May 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
handyandy said:
ok and i can apply for outbound while im in canada?,omg so in reality theres not alot stopping me just going out there?
Just to clarify, Andy: outland means you initiate the application process through your local Canadian embassy, in your case probably London, England. But before doing that you should get married first so that your wife becomes your sponsor. Then you could probably move to N.S. and wait for the PR to be issued, especially if you are visa-exempt. But I'd suggest to confirm at the Canadian embassy just to make sure.

handyandy

Jun 1, 2011
thats brilliant ty,so i should be ok to go over to canada,get married then apply to my embassy back in london then

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Yes. You can go to Canada as a visitor. You don't need a visa because you are from the UK. Usually they let you in for 6 months, and you can apply to extend this later. Once in Canada you can get married. Then send in your PR application - outland is a lot faster than inland. Outland means you and your wife fill out the application forms and send it all to the CIC office in Mississauga, Ontario. They check that your wife qualifies as a sponsor, and then they send the app to London.

handyandy

Jun 1, 2011
hi once again guys im trying to confirm everything above with canadian embassy in london uk,but everything is automated,i just want to confirm everything above before i sell everything i have and take the plunge,does anyone know how to speak to an actual person there??or am i worrying to much??ty in advance

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Hey Andy,
I think the best thing for you to do is to come over to Canada, get married, and then apply outland, with your wife sponsoring you.
You will send all completed application forms to Mississauga where they will assess your wife as a suitable sponsor, then the application will be forwarded to London.
I made a spreadsheet showing processing times through London VO and right now, average time from sending application to Mississauga to receiving PPR is about 106 days.
You should be aware though that it takes alot longer to gather all the documents together than you might think. You should download and print the checklist at least now, so you can start the process of collecting 'proof'. You also need a police clearance.
As you are from UK, you wont need a visitor visa, but you will need a return ticket. In the past as I entered Canada, I was never asked to show proof of my return, however, I had a one way ticket once and air transat wouldnt even let me check in until I had a return ticket. It cost a fortune cos I had to buy it at the airport. You should buy one even if you dont intend to use it, but dont tell the immigration officer that when you arrive at the airport!
If you have any other questions I'd be happy to help, you can also post on the outland London thread where there are lots of helpful people.
Good luck to you, and congrats on your engagement :)

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Oh also, you wont be able to 'move' here until you have PR status. If you show up at immigration with all your belongings in tow but no PR visa, you will likely not be allowed to enter Canada.
Save the selling of your worldly goods until you have a visa in your passport.

handyandy

Jun 1, 2011
ty for all the info,much appreciated,i'll remember the return ticket,good idea,as for wordly goods,theres not much so im gonna bite the bullet