+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A license is mandatory for SINP for professionals if they intend to do none regulated job?

Saroth

Mar 29, 2021
For skill base migrations, Should professionals like accountants, engineers coming from outside get license even if they intend not to do the same job ? Can't they apply for license once they have PR and after getting into Canada? For example, an engineer applies for SINP and his job category is regulated in Sasketchwan, but , he does not wish to do the same job, instead, he intends to work in a non regulated job. Can anyone please let me know whether this engineer still needs to have a license before applying for SINP? Can't he skip licensing and/Or get the license after getting the PR?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If you apply for SINP, your education must match your NOC. So what is your NOC? It doesn’t matter if you don’t want to continue with your job when in Canada but to be eligible you need a license if your NOC requires it.

Saroth

Mar 29, 2021
If you apply for SINP, your education must match your NOC. So what is your NOC? It doesn’t matter if you don’t want to continue with your job when in Canada but to be eligible you need a license if your NOC requires it.
I am a Mechanical engineer ( I think it s 2132) .
So you say, even I will not continue my job after getting my PR Or intend to get it later once landed, I should have my license before applying for SINP ?

If it s mandatory, what if my qualifications are not enough to get the license ? I will have to stop PR process ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am a Mechanical engineer ( I think it s 2132) .
So you say, even I will not continue my job after getting my PR Or intend to get it later once landed, I should have my license before applying for SINP ?

If it s mandatory, what if my qualifications are not enough to get the license ? I will have to stop PR process ?
If your NOC is 2132, you need an APEGS license. You can't bypass it just because you don't want to be an engineer in Canada. If nominated, you need your license or the application will be refused. What is your SINP score? Why stop the PR process if going through Express Entry.

Saroth

Mar 29, 2021
If your NOC is 2132, you need an APEGS license. You can't bypass it just because you don't want to be an engineer in Canada. If nominated, you need your license or the application will be refused. What is your SINP score? Why stop the PR process if going through Express Entry.
I don't have EE scores, I have 70 SINP, but EE, it s below 468 .. So I think of SINP.