+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

a family lawyer

Brita

Jun 9, 2012
hi there

shall I officially sponsor my Husband because I am the main applicant?

to someone in Canada;
please introduce a family lawyer to me who may advise online or on phone.

Tnx
Brita

hope_life

Apr 24, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sent u a pm.

Brita said:
hi there

to someone in Canada;

Tnx
Brita

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Brita said:
hi there

to someone in Canada;

Tnx
Brita
Britta....in the following thread you were seeking help on how to "Restrict your husband from entering Canada" due to sour relationship and now in this thread you are talking about "Sponsoring your husband"

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/i-dont-want-my-husband-get-the-pr-t107636.15.html

Please restrict your quires to one thread to maintain continuity.

What do you want? You said you and him have already got the visas :eek: :eek:

Mitali

Brita

Jun 9, 2012
Hope_life

I saw your PM,yet I am not able to send PM back to you.

Mitali

I dont WANT to sponsor my Husband, I am asking if law can MAKE me pay for his expenses because he gets his PR through my Application?
I am thinking of the costs that he may impose to me after he landed. 8)

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Brita said:
Hope_life

Mitali

I dont WANT to sponsor my Husband, I am asking if law can MAKE me pay for his expenses because he gets his PR through my Application?
You cant send PM until you have atleast 10 posts.

Your post does not imply so unfortunately. So, now its ok with you if he lands and you dont want any Lawyers' help?

No, he cannot IMPOSE any expenses on you once he lands....he would be on his own.

Mitali

hope_life

Apr 24, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
see my sign line n catch me online on skype, let me hear ur say.

Brita said:
Hope_life

Mitali

Brita

Jun 9, 2012
Dear Hope-life

in our nice country not only online payment is restricted but also skype is filtered!!

I'd better not to bother you more. I guess yo are getting mad at me.
by the way I am at work! I cant stay on line for a long time.

hope_life

Apr 24, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no im not,
actually u started 2 threads, in 1 u r asking ur husband to restrict PR
in other u r talkin abt sponsoring him.

datz wat confused me.

any ways, its upto u.
bye

Brita said:
Dear Hope-life

in our nice country not only online payment is restricted but also skype is filtered!!

I'd better not to bother you more. I guess yo are getting mad at me.
by the way I am at work! I cant stay on line for a long time.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Guys, I think the language barrier is what's causing confusion. Here is she is wondering whether having her husband as a dependant on her PR application is equivalent to "spousal sponsorship"? She is concerned about the financial obligations that come sponsorship.

Brita, to answer your question: No, you will not be acting as a sponsor, so you don't have to worry about supporting him financially for 3 years. You applied under the skilled worker stream as the principal applicant and your husband a dependant. If you don't agree to co-sponsor his family members, you are not responsible to support them financially.

If you both land in Canada, and separate/divorce, he is on his own. Now, if he files for spousal support from you, the court will evaluate things and may ask whoever makes more money to support the other. The court may impose a specific amount and period of time. Where you are both newcomers, chances are you won't have huge assets so everyone will likely just be on their own. Hope this helps.

Jul 21, 2011
SenoritaBella said:
Guys, I think the language barrier is what's causing confusion. Here is she is wondering whether having her husband as a dependant on her PR application is equivalent to "spousal sponsorship"? She is concerned about the financial obligations that come sponsorship.

Brita, to answer your question: No, you will not be acting as a sponsor, so you don't have to worry about supporting him financially for 3 years. You applied under the skilled worker stream as the principal applicant and your husband a dependant. If you don't agree to co-sponsor his family members, you are not responsible to support them financially.

If you both land in Canada, and separate/divorce, he is on his own. Now, if he files for spousal support from you, the court will evaluate things and may ask whoever makes more money to support the other. The court may impose a specific amount and period of time. Where you are both newcomers, chances are you won't have huge assets so everyone will likely just be on their own. Hope this helps.
I second your opinion...I thought of the same but refrained from posting on such lethargic issue. i just wonder how come people like her get immigration in first place who can't even read or write basic English and can't explain their point. Is CIC totally blind? feel sorry and pity............

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Come on now. She is a skilled worker and passed an IELTS test. Her english is actually pretty good for someone who had to learn a second language. How many 'native speakers' speak a 2nd language? I've heard that some native speakers have failed this test (trying to immigrate/study in Australia).

229334 said:
I second your opinion...I thought of the same but refrained from posting on such lethargic issue. i just wonder how come people like her get immigration in first place who can't even read or write basic English and can't explain what they are looking for. Is CIC totally blind? feel sorry and pity............

Jul 21, 2011
SenoritaBella said:
Come on now. She is a skilled worker and passed an IELTS test. Her english is actually pretty good for someone who had to learn a second language. How many 'native speakers' speak a 2nd language? I've heard that some native speakers have failed this test (trying to immigrate/study in Australia).
if her english was pretty good u wouldn't have written language barrier in ur last post and it shudnt have created confusions? u can't defend actually..its useless..instead u shud concentrate in advising her to improve her english.. this is my honest feed back if some one likes or not...btw truth is always bitter.....

this is how people get spoiled wen u praise them wrongly.......

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Perhaps you should learn to begin sentences with a capital letter and end with a full stop before you comment on Brita's english. :p Should we ask CIC to revoke your status?lol

229334 said:
if her english was pretty good u wouldn't have written language barrier in ur last post and it shudnt have created confusions? u can't defend actually..its useless..instead u shud concentrate in advising her to improve her english.. this is my honest feed back if some one likes or not...btw truth is always bitter.....

Jul 21, 2011
SenoritaBella said:
Perhaps you should learn to begin sentences with a capital letter and end with a full stop before you comment on Brita's english. :p Should we ask CIC to revoke your status?lol
hahahahhahahahaahh...i knew u wud come wid that...

:p :p :p :p :p for your info i am not sitting for ielts test here ...people can most definitely understand wat i am saying here....huh..

u shud learn how to guide others...first u said language barrier is the problem and then u reverted from ur own statement...u need to grow up and have some maturity and must stand by ur comments.....

its people like u who spoil others by wrongly praising them and not telling them their real faults.......huh