May 31, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-04-2016
Hi everyone. Last week (March 10, 2016) I got an email from the Government of Canada (Ottawa). They asked me to confirm my valid postal address and reply to the email as soon as possible. I did it and I'm still waiting... I'm Spanish and right now, I'm living in my hometown (Málaga, Spain) since the government denied my extension as a visitor (Montréal) on November 2015. They didn't ask for extra documentation, etc... that's why I'm a bit confuse. Perhaps, is there anyone in my same situation? Maybe someone who went through and now is over? I will appreciate any comment, thanks in advance!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
did your ECAS status change to DM?
they can not deny your PR application without giving you a chance to answer their concerns, so if you got a DM, then it's going to be positive.

Since you need a visa to enter canada, they are probably sending your PPR to the address you confirmed with them last week. keep in mind all mail is sent by regular mail, so how long it take for you to receive their correspondence depends on the speed of your postal system and the distance it is traveling.
at this point, all you can do is wait for the letter to see what the next step is.

canadausa#11

Jan 5, 2016
Sounds like he/she is Spanish so no, they doesn't need a visa for Canada.

When they sent off the application they probably had his address listed as a Canadian one, while the application in process he/she had to leave Canada and go back to Spain and therefore they are probably just confirming the new address to send COPR to if they have DM.

secosa

May 31, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-04-2016
CDNPR2014 said:
did your ECAS status change to DM?
they can not deny your PR application without giving you a chance to answer their concerns, so if you got a DM, then it's going to be positive.

Since you need a visa to enter canada, they are probably sending your PPR to the address you confirmed with them last week. keep in mind all mail is sent by regular mail, so how long it take for you to receive their correspondence depends on the speed of your postal system and the distance it is traveling.
at this point, all you can do is wait for the letter to see what the next step is.
canadausa#11 said:
Sounds like he/she is Spanish so no, they doesn't need a visa for Canada.

When they sent off the application they probably had his address listed as a Canadian one, while the application in process he/she had to leave Canada and go back to Spain and therefore they are probably just confirming the new address to send COPR to if they have DM.
Hello guys, thank you very much for the reply!
As canadausa#11 said, they had my Canadian address, that's why I had to verify my current address even after I had to change it through their website few months ago.

In regards to my DM, this is my current status...

secosa

May 31, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-04-2016
canadausa#11 said:
Out of interest, when did it switch to DM?
As I mentioned, last week, on March 10, 2016. The CAQ it was approved on February 15, 2016 and the Medical results on February 23, 2016. Why?

canadausa#11

Jan 5, 2016
Well you said on March 10th you received an email about your address, so I was wondering when it switched over to DM, if that came before/after the email.

Since it came the same day as they made a decision I would be pretty sure they were just confirming the address to send the COPR to.

secosa

May 31, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-04-2016
canadausa#11 said:
Well you said on March 10th you received an email about your address, so I was wondering when it switched over to DM, if that came before/after the email.

Since it came the same day as they made a decision I would be pretty sure they were just confirming the address to send the COPR to.
I edited my answer...

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
canadausa#11 said:
if no visa is needed then the DM most likely means the COPR was mailed to the address submitted on March 10. Considering it is only Mar 16, it's being mailed from an office not in canada, and canada post doesn't deliver on sat/sun, then i'd suspect it will take a bit more time to actually receive it in canada.

secosa

May 31, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-04-2016
canadausa#11 said:
His application was processed through Ottawa. But yeah your point still stands, will take a bit to get to Spain.
Normally, how long does it take since they ask us confirm the address until they send the letter? According to Canada Post, the international letters or documents arrives on 4-7 business days. I hope (assuming they sent it after they asked me) to receive it at the end of this week or next week. I really hope to receive good news! Thank you very much guys, I really appreciate your support.

canadausa#11

Jan 5, 2016
Americans quite often have it take a good 2 weeks to get COPR after seeing DM, so yeah I would say at least another week or two.

secosa

May 31, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-04-2016
canadausa#11 said:
Americans quite often have it take a good 2 weeks to get COPR after seeing DM, so yeah I would say at least another week or two.
Once again thank you!