+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A couple of questions about wes

Smgawt

May 14, 2017
Hi Guys, keep up the good work, this is an invaluable service that people like me rely on!!

Just a couple of quick questions before I apply for a credential report.

1. Do you require hard copies or are scans adequate?

2. I received my degree certificate at my ceremony (2007) but I ordered my transcript at a later date (for the wes report). The university has changed its name, which name do I go under, the name on the older certificate or the transcript name?

3. Do you pay first and then get your reference number? it asks for payment details before uploading any kind of documents.

Thanks for your help, I have tried contacting wes on this matter also. Here's to taking the first step to Canada!! (hopefully)

kynno

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
USA
NOC Code......
Hi Guys, keep up the good work, this is an invaluable service that people like me rely on!!

Just a couple of quick questions before I apply for a credential report.

1. Do you require hard copies or are scans adequate?

Most definitely hard copies, especially since they should be shipped to WES directly from the school. If you ship them yourself, it has to be go to tell in the sealed envelop that the school sent to you.

2. I received my degree certificate at my ceremony (2007) but I ordered my transcript at a later date (for the wes report). The university has changed its name, which name do I go under, the name on the older certificate or the transcript name?

Not sure about that, but I would think you can choose whichever name WES list that university under. I'm thinking WES would know that the university changed its name and would update their system accordingly. It's that, they have it listed under the previous name but are aware that the name is now different.

3. Do you pay first and then get your reference number? it asks for payment details before uploading any kind of documents.

That is correct. Payment first and then you are provided a reference number. When you get the university to mail your transcript, that reference number has to be on the envelop.

Thanks for your help, I have tried contacting wes on this matter also. Here's to taking the first step to Canada!! (hopefully)
Hope that helps!

AzuriVN

Aug 16, 2016
HCM City
Category........
The university has changed its name, which name do I go under, the name on the older certificate or the transcript name?
The name of my institution was changed as well. When sending document to WES, I asked my institution provide a letter of explanation about the name changing, put it together with my transcript, then sealed the envelope that contains them.
I used the new name of my institution when submitting the application online to WES.
Finally, I received my positive result from WES a couple of weeks ago.

Hope it helps.

Smgawt

May 14, 2017
Thanks for the info. I feel as though I am going to fall at the first hurdle here. I am in Australia and we both have our original degrees and transcripts with us but no envelope? Would I have to write to my universityfor an envelope, and then if the information needs to be inside.... sealed.... How to I get my original certs inside? I thought it would be a case of just send a copy of my degree and transcript..... Man.... This is just step one of the process hahahahaha

Smgawt

May 14, 2017
No Not as of yet. I wanted to get the process clear before I did it.

Upon reading http://www.wes.org/ca/eca/requireddocuments/index.asp this page I need my university to send the transcript directly to WES (with the reference number on the envelope) but I myself can send a photocopy of the actual certificate. I am hoping this is correct! This is what I am going to follow. Hopefully this is correct????

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
No Not as of yet. I wanted to get the process clear before I did it.

Upon reading http://www.wes.org/ca/eca/requireddocuments/index.asp this page I need my university to send the transcript directly to WES (with the reference number on the envelope) but I myself can send a photocopy of the actual certificate. I am hoping this is correct! This is what I am going to follow. Hopefully this is correct????
ur university can send it directly or u can collect them in a sealed and stamped envelope and send it, this is correct

Smgawt

May 14, 2017
And only the transcript needs to be sent directly from university to Wes... The certificate I can send. My universe is in England and I'm currently in Australia which is why I ask. If I can get my uniform to send the transcript and I can send a copy of my certificate... Both with the reference numbers on them. Happy days. Step one completed!