+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A couple of doubts about photos for Family Class PR application

sgsmrp

Sep 24, 2024
Hello everyone! First time posting, my wife is a Canadian citizen and we have just started the process, so I'm guessing that this won't be the last you'll see of me ;)

1: My first question is: I went to a photo studio to have my picture taken and they sent it to my email address. Since it's a digital photo and not a physical one, they couldn't stamp the back of the photo with my name and D.O.B. or the date the picture was taken and the studio address, but the email they sent me does include their address and also the date the email was sent.

The guide for PR photos says:

> For digital photos, this information can be provided in one separate document including a confirmation from the photo studio (i.e. receipt).

So would it be enough to upload my photo to the application and then upload a screenshot of the email I received with the address and date even if it doesn't include my name and D.O.B.? Do you recommend anything else?

2: My second question is about my wife's photos. I read that I need one photo for each person on my application. Does this mean that my wife also has to have a photo taken by a studio the same way that I had to have mine taken, with all the information about the studio etc. or would it be enough with a simple passport-type picture?

Hope the questions made sense!

Thank you :)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
2: My second question is about my wife's photos. I read that I need one photo for each person on my application. Does this mean that my wife also has to have a photo taken
If you're talking about the photo required at the end of the process, this is for the PR card and is not needed for the sponsor. No formal/passport type photo will be needed for the sponsor at all.

Reactions: sgsmrp

sgsmrp

Sep 24, 2024
If you're talking about the photo required at the end of the process, this is for the PR card and is not needed for the sponsor. No formal/passport type photo will be needed for the sponsor at all.
Thank you for your reply!

In that case, when the guide says "You need one photo for each person on your application" they mean for each person being sponsored?

And about the other question, do you think it should be okay if I simply uploaded a screenshot of the e-mail that I got from the photo studio?

Again, thank you.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
In that case, when the guide says "You need one photo for each person on your application" they mean for each person being sponsored?
Yes, exactly.

And about the other question, do you think it should be okay if I simply uploaded a screenshot of the e-mail that I got from the photo studio?
Haven't dealt with this personally, but I should think so, yes.

Reactions: sgsmrp