+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A complete way to nail 'Source of fund' dilemma!

fabricland

Jul 19, 2015
Thanks Sahibdatta.
Another small query,..in my savings account my name is registered as "X" space "Y" space "Z",, but in all my docs including passport, my name is mentioned as "XY" space "Z". Will this create any problem or its OK.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
fabricland said:
Thanks Sahibdatta.
Another small query,..in my savings account my name is registered as "X" space "Y" space "Z",, but in all my docs including passport, my name is mentioned as "XY" space "Z". Will this create any problem or its OK.
It should not be a problem. To be on the safer side, you can attach a Letter of Explanation along with the proof of funds.

Mar 27, 2016
Hi ,

For the proof of funds , is this the only amount we need to show , or there is something else which is hidden ?

Number of
Family Members Funds Required(in Canadian dollars)
1 $12,164
2 $15,143
3 $18,617
4 $22,603
5 $25,636
6 $28,913

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
Appi_arpit2002 said:
Hi ,

For the proof of funds , is this the only amount we need to show , or there is something else which is hidden ?

Number of
Family Members Funds Required(in Canadian dollars)
1 $12,164
2 $15,143
3 $18,617
4 $22,603
5 $25,636
6 $28,913
That's the only amount, over and above the PR fee & landing fee.

vivekskumar8544

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2015
Nomination.....
27-09-2016
AOR Received.
08-11-2016
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Passport Req..
03-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
While sending the POF

I have a FD which is 6 months old - So i need to attach the letter from bank stating the FD amount and opening date and current balance right. Is there any other document i need to provide?

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
vivekskumar8544 said:
While sending the POF

I have a FD which is 6 months old - So i need to attach the letter from bank stating the FD amount and opening date and current balance right. Is there any other document i need to provide?
There would be the actual FD document which states all this, that would suffice.

vivekskumar8544

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2015
Nomination.....
27-09-2016
AOR Received.
08-11-2016
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Passport Req..
03-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
anujgupta84 said:
There would be the actual FD document which states all this, that would suffice.
No need of getting a letter from bank?

Anyway thanks :)

hammadtaj

Jul 21, 2015
Hello guys,

I have some queries regarding the source of funds:

1. Can I show mutual funds as POF or do I have to liquidate it and transfer into my account?
2. Can I show Employee provident funds as POF?
3. Can I arrange funds from my first cousin and show as POF? I will arrange the gift deed, affidavit and other documents regarding it.
4. I am maintaining a joint account with my wife that we will show it as a main account for the POF. Do I have to get any declaration from my wife regarding it?

Thanks alot ppl

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
hammadtaj said:
Hello guys,

I have some queries regarding the source of funds:

1. Can I show mutual funds as POF or do I have to liquidate it and transfer into my account?
2. Can I show Employee provident funds as POF?
3. Can I arrange funds from my first cousin and show as POF? I will arrange the gift deed, affidavit and other documents regarding it.
4. I am maintaining a joint account with my wife that we will show it as a main account for the POF. Do I have to get any declaration from my wife regarding it?

Thanks alot ppl
I have replied to the same post of yours on the other thread.

abose

Jul 6, 2015
DO I have to submit bank statements even if I am living and working full time in Ontario and I have studied here.

Thanks

Ab_Ahmad

Oct 4, 2015
Guys I have a question, I received my AOR on 1st February 2016 and had all the required POF at that time. But due to some reasons I had to move those funds elsewhere and they are not present in that account anymore, can that have any impact on the application? I can have the POF easily at the time of landing, but do they confirm Bank Account Balances with the Bank and do banks divulge such information? What i understand is that they can only confirm the authenticity of the Bank Documents submitted e.g. Bank Balance Certificate, Confirming account existence etc.

Need your opinion on this as I'm getting a little tensed about this now. Thanks in advance for your support!

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Ab_Ahmad said:
Guys I have a question, I received my AOR on 1st February 2016 and had all the required POF at that time. But due to some reasons I had to move those funds elsewhere and they are not present in that account anymore, can that have any impact on the application? I can have the POF easily at the time of landing, but do they confirm Bank Account Balances with the Bank and do banks divulge such information? What i understand is that they can only confirm the authenticity of the Bank Documents submitted e.g. Bank Balance Certificate, Confirming account existence etc.

Need your opinion on this as I'm getting a little tensed about this now. Thanks in advance for your support!
I am assuming that you applied for OINP. You can move the funds out if you are sure that you can have the funds back in your account in time; after all it is your money. It will not have an impact on your application provided you can explain the reason for the same to the case officer (in case they ask you). It could happen that while your application is being processed, the case officer can request for an updated account statement, so you should keep this case in mind and plan accordingly.

No, banks cannot and will not divulge its accountholders details to any external party.

Ab_Ahmad

Oct 4, 2015
Stanlee said:
I am assuming that you applied for OINP. You can move the funds out if you are sure that you can have the funds back in your account in time; after all it is your money. It will not have an impact on your application provided you can explain the reason for the same to the case officer (in case they ask you). It could happen that while your application is being processed, the case officer can request for an updated account statement, so you should keep this case in mind and plan accordingly.

No, banks cannot and will not divulge its accountholders details to any external party.
Hey Stanlee thanks for your reply.

No I'm FSW and exactly this is my thinking too that it my money and I can use it wherever and whenever I want. As far as the question of requesting for another POF goes, I do have a backup plan for that and can arrange the money into my account. However, I assume and hope that the chances of that happening are very low.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Ab_Ahmad said:
Hey Stanlee thanks for your reply.

No I'm FSW and exactly this is my thinking too that it my money and I can use it wherever and whenever I want. As far as the question of requesting for another POF goes, I do have a backup plan for that and can arrange the money into my account. However, I assume and hope that the chances of that happening are very low.
Great. All the best!