+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A complete way to nail 'Source of fund' dilemma!

cuwat

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just wondering, would be it possible that I use the PoF under my spouse's bank account? - since our money is under my spouse's account.
If yes, what should I do for the next steps?

forcanada

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-01-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
15-06-2016
Hi Anuj
I'm confused about gift deed and affidavit. What is the difference between the two?

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
cuwat said:
Just wondering, would be it possible that I use the PoF under my spouse's bank account? - since our money is under my spouse's account.
It is always advisable to have the money under Principal Applicant's name.

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
forcanada said:
Hi Anuj
I'm confused about gift deed and affidavit. What is the difference between the two?
Gift Deed tells that the Donor has given the money and that you have accepted it. The Affidavit says that it all happened with the wish of the Donor. There are signatures of Donor and Acceptor in a Gift Deed. There are 2 signatures of the Donor in an Affidavit. The format of the two is there in this thread. Just look for it.

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cuwat said:
Make its as a Joint account..

forcanada

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-01-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
15-06-2016
anujgupta84 said:
Gift Deed tells that the Donor has given the money and that you have accepted it. The Affidavit says that it all happened with the wish of the Donor. There are signatures of Donor and Acceptor in a Gift Deed. There are 2 signatures of the Donor in an Affidavit. The format of the two is there in this thread. Just look for it.
Got it.
Thank you Anuj.

IOS9.2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
Hi Guys,

just a quick question, for proof of funds, do i have to provide last 6 mts back statement as well. I have already got a letter from the back which states my account details,balance and FD details and balance.

its on official letter head duly stamped and signed by bank official.... This is required for OPNP

meysam.gh

Apr 22, 2015
Hi Guys

I have a question. The situation is that I am gonna give the bank letter for proof of fund from a bank in my home country ,but right now I am living in another country. So should I still provide a statement from my current country bank as well?! I don't have a credit card or any kind of loan here.

thanks guys

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
IOS9.2 said:
Hi Guys,

just a quick question, for proof of funds, do i have to provide last 6 mts back statement as well. I have already got a letter from the back which states my account details,balance and FD details and balance.

its on official letter head duly stamped and signed by bank official.... This is required for OPNP
Yes, please enclose your 6 months bank statement as well, for your own good.

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
meysam.gh said:
Hi Guys

I have a question. The situation is that I am gonna give the bank letter for proof of fund from a bank in my home country ,but right now I am living in another country. So should I still provide a statement from my current country bank as well?! I don't have a credit card or any kind of loan here.

thanks guys
You can show any country's bank account as long as the CAD equivalency of the funds in it is more than what CIC asks.

mvd

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi members,

Please give advise on my below mentioned situation.

My fiance is applying for PR as a single applicant and showing POF $12000 in FD. But we intend to get married soon which will require more POF as i will be added to the application.

Post marriage, can i transfer her the balance amount into her account or make FD to show POF of 2 persons. If so, then what supporting documents will be needed?

Thanks in advance.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
I have accounts both in my country of citizenship, and country of residence. Will it be an issue if I include both countries' accounts?

The major funds are in joint accounts, and have had more than sufficient funds for the last six months. I have obtained "Balance Confirmation" letters form all my bank accounts for my self and my spouse (3 banks in total). The letters do not show the average balance for the last six months though.

1. Can I include statements for six months for all the accounts along with the bank letters?
2. Should I leave out accounts that are in my spouse's name altogether? This won't affect my balance as required by CIC. If I include this account, do I need an affidavit from my spouse?
3. Do we need an affidavit from spouse for Joint accounts as well?
3. Counting all the pages with statements, bank letters etc, the PDF will be more than 65 pages. Should I include a summary of all the accounts as a cover or will they calculate the available balance themselves? I can also add a conversion rate as on the day of the submission.

Any advice will be helpful.

anasalee

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
NOC Code......
I have a situation here which many of the people might face. I do not have sufficient funds nor my mother has, so I am borrowing someone from now on up to 8 months so that I can manage my bank statement genuine. So how can I make the source of fund thing? If I make a gift deed from my mother, she will have no bank statement to show the transaction as the funds are not from here basically.
anyone assist.

edapras

Star Member
Oct 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have another situation where my Mother in law is gifting us funds. She is employed.

1. She made a online transaction to my account. So the e-stamped affidavit with the transaction number will suffice. No cheque involved.

2. Since she is employed, she has proper salary statements. In this case, is a net worth certificate required?

3. Is mother in law eligible for this activity.

Please help !!

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
mvd said:
Hi members,

Please give advise on my below mentioned situation.

My fiance is applying for PR as a single applicant and showing POF $12000 in FD. But we intend to get married soon which will require more POF as i will be added to the application.

Post marriage, can i transfer her the balance amount into her account or make FD to show POF of 2 persons. If so, then what supporting documents will be needed?

Thanks in advance.
If you aren't borrowing that money from anyone, then you don't need any documents, simple bank statements would do.