+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A complete way to nail 'Source of fund' dilemma!

FaizanAli46

Nov 11, 2014
anujgupta84 said:
As far as I am concerned, they won't accept it. The funds should not have been initiated from any loan, that's what I am aware of.

All I can say is had you sold the property, and have these funds as POF, you would have been absolutely fine. Because property is in your name and you can use it the way you want ie, sell, rent, etc.

The money you have currently needs to be returned back, right? So, it can't be deemed yours. CIC doesn't accept any property valuation figures too. Please ask experts and even share their responses with us.
I know this is irrelevant according to this thread but as you have successfully go through all the formalities like forms filling to DM.

I have multiple of questions, I would appreciate if you could answer.

1- My wife is working as home tutor, privately provide tuition to students at home. In her work history I have mentioned her related NOC and job as "self employed", the system is asking now to upload her experience certificate so that system can calculate her points but I didn't include her any points in my application.

2- She has TWO visits to Dubai..
1st visit is for tourism purpose from Pakistan to Dubai from 31-08-2013 to 29-10-2013.
2nd visit is from 20-11-2013 to 11-01-2014 for employment purpose.

These visits are discontinuously and if a person calculate those months, they are not equal to 6 months. But in PCC field, they are asking "Police Certificates (Multiple)..?

3- What do I have to upload in "Marriage Licence/Certificate" and in "Relationship Proof"..?? aren't both same? is it related to my documents?
Also, one more thing is "Family member proof of status".. what is it for?

fdiwisha

Star Member
Oct 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
RABAT
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/11/2015
AOR Received.
20/11/2015
Med's Done....
24/11/2015
anujgupta84 said:
Nothing else but the funds in your Bank account or FD can be used as POF. No asset/Property valuation is acceptable. Sell assets, have the money in account and then show it as a POF.
Thank you very much for your help. I have another question, can i have a money gifted by my aunt?

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
FaizanAli46 said:
I know this is irrelevant according to this thread but as you have successfully go through all the formalities like forms filling to DM.

I have multiple of questions, I would appreciate if you could answer.

1- My wife is working as home tutor, privately provide tuition to students at home. In her work history I have mentioned her related NOC and job as "self employed", the system is asking now to upload her experience certificate so that system can calculate her points but I didn't include her any points in my application.

Include her work just in her 'Personal History'. The system won't ask for documents then. Since you aren't claiming points of her profile, you will be perfectly fine this way.

2- She has TWO visits to Dubai..
1st visit is for tourism purpose from Pakistan to Dubai from 31-08-2013 to 29-10-2013.
2nd visit is from 20-11-2013 to 11-01-2014 for employment purpose.

These visits are discontinuously and if a person calculate those months, they are not equal to 6 months. But in PCC field, they are asking "Police Certificates (Multiple)..?

'Multiple' is a generic term. It isn't profile specific. Even if someone is a Travel virgin, he would too get the same text. It's just that CIC wants all the required PCCs to be put in there.
3- What do I have to upload in "Marriage Licence/Certificate" and in "Relationship Proof"..?? aren't both same? is it related to my documents?

I ain't aware of the difference. They should mean the same.
Also, one more thing is "Family member proof of status".. what is it for?

Isnt it Proof of funds?

ReddyCan

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Feb 11, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 8th/2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
aah waiting waiting and waiting..
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
Already in Canada!
Thanks again anuj, for the quick reply :)

FaizanAli46

Nov 11, 2014
Thanks you for your help anujgupta84

for question 1, Isn't it be a problem if I remove work history of my spouse from post ITA profile because in locked profiled I included those experiences. CIC wouldn't take it as misrepresentation? What if I upload letter of explanations in the field of spouse work experience that she was work as self employed and I am not claiming points for her work experience? Is it fine?

mex88

Star Member
Sep 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Seniors,

Regarding gifts, can a gift come from my uncle? ( my brothers dad)? Also which proof do we need to show that he is my uncle?

Thank you in advance

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
FaizanAli46 said:
Thanks you for your help anujgupta84

for question 1, Isn't it be a problem if I remove work history of my spouse from post ITA profile because in locked profiled I included those experiences. CIC wouldn't take it as misrepresentation? What if I upload letter of explanations in the field of spouse work experience that she was work as self employed and I am not claiming points for her work experience? Is it fine?
Yes, its fine. It isn't misrepresentation as you are not hiding any information.

vivekskumar8544

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2015
Nomination.....
27-09-2016
AOR Received.
08-11-2016
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Passport Req..
03-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
Hi Anujgupta,

I'm really worried as iam not able to identify how to show the POF thing. As i told earlier i have 20k cad in fixed deposit, which is only 2 months old.

1. If i show this, will they require source of fund (FD is for 1 year).

2. If i need to show the source, i cannot as it is from a mortgage loan. Any other option to nail this?

3. My dads account doesnt have amount to give me as gift. If i put 20k cad in his account and then transfer to my account as a gift, will it be okay. Does it require him to hold a PAN? do we need to pay additional taxes for the gift or for the money i put in his account?

Please help me out, im waiting only for this document to submit for OINP and my last date of submission will be around Nov last

mex88

Star Member
Sep 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Seniors,

Regarding gifts, can a gift come from my uncle? ( my brothers dad)? Also which proof do we need to show that he is my uncle?

Thank you in advance

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
vivekskumar8544 said:
Hi Anujgupta,

I'm really worried as iam not able to identify how to show the POF thing. As i told earlier i have 20k cad in fixed deposit, which is only 2 months old.

1. If i show this, will they require source of fund (FD is for 1 year).

2. If i need to show the source, i cannot as it is from a mortgage loan. Any other option to nail this?

3. My dads account doesnt have amount to give me as gift. If i put 20k cad in his account and then transfer to my account as a gift, will it be okay. Does it require him to hold a PAN? do we need to pay additional taxes for the gift or for the money i put in his account?

Please help me out, im waiting only for this document to submit for OINP and my last date of submission will be around Nov last
Hi vivekskumar8544,

1,2. Funds cannot be originate from loans. So, this FD cannot be used.
3. Please check the format of gift deed, it will clearly say that your father has given the funds form his past savings. But your route will make this statement a fallacy, isn't it? It would be clear case of misinterpretation. CIC deals with cases like yours and mine daily. They can understand and catch hold of such cases.

I would suggest you to follow a safe route rather than what you said.

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
mex88 said:
Hello Seniors,

Thank you in advance
A simple affidavit would do. CA would know this specifically. It won't be difficult at all.

ADteam

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all

Can I use someone else's card to pay for processing fees.

I have just used one LOE for everything in my application. Should I make section specific LOE?

Thanks

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
OINP PoF question: A major chunk of my funds is in my wife's bank account, and I would be transferring it to mine - should I show my wife's bank statements as well, or would a signed letter indicating that she is gifting it to me suffice (and does this document have to be on a stamp paper?) ?

Thanks!

FaizanAli46

Nov 11, 2014
anujgupta84 said:
Yes, its fine. It isn't misrepresentation as you are not hiding any information.
Thanks you so much anujgupta84.. :)

One last question, in my locked profile (Pre ITA profile), I mentioned IELTS results dates as 30-12-2014 whereas original result dates are 30-10-2014. It is purely data entry mistake. Do you think it would be a problem? Because it wouldn't affect my CRS as IELTS wouldn't be expire in both cases. My CRS score is 1047.
Do you think I have to add letter of explaination in which I would apologise for this mistake and say that it is data entry mistake? What do you think in this regard?