+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

9 Landing Questions...

nsbound87

Nov 2, 2014
My wife has received her COPR and she is planing on landing in Canada in 2 weeks. I am her sponsor and will be traveling with her. I have a few questions I am hoping you can help me with.

1) Does she need to include the goods I am bringing (her sponsor) such as my laptop etc. on her list of goods she brining, or is it not necessary because those are my items?

2) We are landing in Toronto. What is the process? Should we both proceed to the visitor immigration line or is there a separate place where she needs to go for the landing? Or is she able to come with me through the canadian resident line?

3) Does she need to bring a photo? There is a photo attached to her COPR but does she need an extra photo for her PR card?

4) How detailed does the B4 form need to be? She is basically just bringing clothes, a wedding ring and health and beauty supplies. Does she just list these three things and give the value?

5) If I have sent several boxes home with our things (I'm currently living in Korea) through the mail and they aren't in Canada yet does she need to include these on her list? Or because I am sending them is it ok not to?

6) Are there any forms we should print off before landing other than the B4 form?

7) We have a connecting flight 2 hours after landing. Should we be able to make this or if not what are our options? Do you think Air Canada will blame us and have us book new flights or might they get us on another flight?

8)The only jewelery she is bringing is her wedding ring. Does she need to have a picture of this?

9) Any other tips to help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Abuelita

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-07-2015
LANDED..........
12-10-2015
nsbound87 said:
My wife has received her COPR and she is planing on landing in Canada in 2 weeks. I am her sponsor and will be traveling with her. I have a few questions I am hoping you can help me with.

1) Does she need to include the goods I am bringing (her sponsor) such as my laptop etc. on her list of goods she brining, or is it not necessary because those are my items?

2) We are landing in Toronto. What is the process? Should we both proceed to the visitor immigration line or is there a separate place where she needs to go for the landing? Or is she able to come with me through the canadian resident line?

3) Does she need to bring a photo? There is a photo attached to her COPR but does she need an extra photo for her PR card?

4) How detailed does the B4 form need to be? She is basically just bringing clothes, a wedding ring and health and beauty supplies. Does she just list these three things and give the value?

I have not landed yet, but it is my understanding that any jewelry that a settler brings wearing it at the time of landing does not require a photo. Your wife will not be getting her permanent residency card right there (so no need for an extra photo). They will ask her for the address where her card will be mail to--I have seen in this forum that it takes about 3 months to receive it.

Good luck!

5) If I have sent several boxes home with our things (I'm currently living in Korea) through the mail and they aren't in Canada yet does she need to include these on her list? Or because I am sending them is it ok not to?

6) Are there any forms we should print off before landing other than the B4 form?

7) We have a connecting flight 2 hours after landing. Should we be able to make this or if not what are our options? Do you think Air Canada will blame us and have us book new flights or might they get us on another flight?

8)The only jewelery she is bringing is her wedding ring. Does she need to have a picture of this?

9) Any other tips to help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

a0

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As for jewellery, I was wearing my engagement and wedding rings and nobody asked for any photos (I didn't have any anyway). And nobody even looked at my lists of items. They only asked if I had any goods to follow and I said no (my items to follow list was empty). I didn't have any other forms or extra photos apart from the one attached to my COPR.
If a connecting flight 2 hours after landing is enough will depend on the queue. I had 1:40 hrs and I caught my plane but had to run like hell through the airport (Calgary). If there had been one more person in front of me I wouldn't have been able to make it.