+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

7+ years experience as Entrepreneur and Wedding planner. Which is the best way to apply for PR?

prasi15

Aug 4, 2020
Hi all. I (30 years ) am an entrepreneur and a Wedding planner with 7+ years of experience and a private limited company registered with 50% shares. My spouse (35 years) is a skilled IT worker with 13+ years experience with also foreign work experience of 6+ years. We are citizens of India and looking to apply for Canadian PR. We both have bachelors degree in Engineering. Please suggest the best and fastest immigration visa we can apply for.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all. I (30 years ) am an entrepreneur and a Wedding planner with 7+ years of experience and a private limited company registered with 50% shares. My spouse (35 years) is a skilled IT worker with 13+ years experience with also foreign work experience of 6+ years. We are citizens of India and looking to apply for Canadian PR. We both have bachelors degree in Engineering. Please suggest the best and fastest immigration visa we can apply for.
Agreed that Express Entry is your best bet. This is a points based program where those with the most points are selected. You'll want to achieve a score of around 470+ to have a high chance of being selected. Start by calculating your score under Express Entry to determine your chances of being selected. You should be the primary applicant since your husband will lose points due to his age.

prasi15

Aug 4, 2020
Thank you both for the suggestions. We are thinking of going for pnp , in that case my husband's technical profile will fetch the nomination? I found his NOC codes under jobs in demand in Ontario & BC provinces but I didnt find mine. Pls share your thoughts.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
If his NOC falls under the Ontario human capital priorities or BC tech pilot lists, then you should research the requirements to qualify for either of those programs.

Ontario requires you to have a valid Express Entry profile created after you have taken language tests and gotten your degrees assessed. Then if your scores are high enough you can be invited to apply for the provincial nomination, which then guarantees you will be invited to apply for permanent residence.

BC requires a job offer in that NOC and scores you similar to Express Entry with their own criteria based on your language results (need at least CLB 7), work experience, education, the salary offered, and the location of the job (further from Vancouver is better). If your score is high enough they will invite you to apply for the provincial nomination.

Unclefedor

Mar 18, 2022
Hello, I think that the best way for you is Express Entry, but you should consider all the options. However, since you have a wedding business, you can contact some platforms or sites that do their activity in this domain and see maybe they might give you more information. When I organized my wedding, I worked with https://www.maroo.us/business-blog/event-venue-business. It would be best if you tried to contact them. I'm sure they will help you and give you at least some tips regarding this topic.