Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
Misconception #1: Anybody can enter the Express Entry pool.

Truth: Candidates eligible to immigrate to Canada under a federal economic immigration program may enter the pool.

A common misconception regarding Express Entry is the mistaken belief that anybody who makes an expression of interest in immigrating to Canada may enter the Express Entry pool. This is not the case. A candidate must be eligible for one of Canada's existing federal economic immigration programs in order to enter the pool. These programs are:

1) The Federal Skilled Worker Program. Candidates eligible under this program must have work experience in a skilled occupation and reach a certain points threshold based on their human capital factors. Find out whether your occupation is skilled using the CanadaVisa Skilled Occupation Classifier on the CRS Calculator.

2) The Federal Skilled Trades Program. Candidates eligible under this program must have two years of qualified work experience in a skilled trade in the last five years.

3)The Canadian Experience Class. Candidates eligible under this program must have at least one year of skilled, professional or technical work experience in Canada within the last 36 months.

Reference:
http://www.cicnews.com/2014/12/express-entry-ten-misconceptions-124283.html

http://www.cicnews.com/2014/12/express-entry-details-comprehensive-ranking-system-announced-124175.html

kathychn

Mar 26, 2013
nickarter84 said:

I would suggest you to please click on any of the Program,

Example,
if you will click on Federal Skilled Worker Program , it will lead you to this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

I am not insisting you to agree with this.
Well, I surely know the link, but I believe that those who want to apply EE under FSW stream only need to comply with the minimum requirements listed in the item B in the above link. As for item c and other items, they are ranking systems of FSW not EE system which has a total different calculating system. Anyway, EE will calculate if the candidate is applicable when he or she fill online form.

Thanks for sharing.

Good luck!

Jul 8, 2011
nickarter84,

Yes I agree, but for instance a PNP program was under the Canadian experience class category, yet you do not have to have any kind of experiences to get your PR although its a mandatory item for CEC, so there are some cases in which you meet a certain criteria ( like being nominated from the province) will not require you to have a one year of experience.
Please correct me if I am wrong

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
Civil Engineer said:
nickarter84,

Yes I agree, but for instance a PNP program was under the Canadian experience class category, yet you do not have to have any kind of experiences to get your PR although its a mandatory item for CEC, so there are some cases in which you meet a certain criteria ( like being nominated from the province) will not require you to have a one year of experience.
Please correct me if I am wrong
Hi friend,
Really I don't have idea about that. Since I am not sure about something then I will not misguide you by giving wrong advice.

Cheers!

kathychn

Mar 26, 2013
nickarter84 said:
Misconception #1: Anybody can enter the Express Entry pool.

Truth: Candidates eligible to immigrate to Canada under a federal economic immigration program may enter the pool.

A common misconception regarding Express Entry is the mistaken belief that anybody who makes an expression of interest in immigrating to Canada may enter the Express Entry pool. This is not the case. A candidate must be eligible for one of Canada's existing federal economic immigration programs in order to enter the pool. These programs are:

1) The Federal Skilled Worker Program. Candidates eligible under this program must have work experience in a skilled occupation and reach a certain points threshold based on their human capital factors. Find out whether your occupation is skilled using the CanadaVisa Skilled Occupation Classifier on the CRS Calculator.

2) The Federal Skilled Trades Program. Candidates eligible under this program must have two years of qualified work experience in a skilled trade in the last five years.

3)The Canadian Experience Class. Candidates eligible under this program must have at least one year of skilled, professional or technical work experience in Canada within the last 36 months.

Reference:
http://www.cicnews.com/2014/12/express-entry-ten-misconceptions-124283.html

http://www.cicnews.com/2014/12/express-entry-details-comprehensive-ranking-system-announced-124175.html

I read the article. The website is not official website run by CIC authority. It is run by a self acclaimed attorney david cohen but after I went to his law offices website, I did not see any words that he said himself an authorized lawyer by CIC and provided no certificates on his website. And I suddenly found that this forum is also run by his company. I have no idea that if he is a true lawyer or not, but I am still confusing whether his statement is right or not.

I think I shall be very careful to information sources. Only information from CIC, the authority, is trustworthy. We have to be careful to be trapped into any fraud. And if I or any of you have found something wrong, we have the right to repot.

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
kathychn said:
I read the article. The website is not official website run by CIC authority. It is run by a self acclaimed attorney david cohen but after I went to his law offices website, I did not see any words that he said himself an authorized lawyer by CIC and provided no certificates on his website. And I suddenly found that this forum is also run by his company. I have no idea that if he is a true lawyer or not, but I am still confusing whether his statement is right or not.

I think I shall be very careful to information sources. Only information from CIC, the authority, is trustworthy. We have to be careful to be trapped into any fraud. And if I or any of you have found something wrong, we have the right to repot.
I have provided official and unofficial links to show the flow of the system
But i am not willing to change someone's point of view
Just wait until 1st of January 2015,
I will post on the same topic again on 1st january.

mdRaees

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kathychn said:
Well, I surely know the link, but I believe that those who want to apply EE under FSW stream only need to comply with the minimum requirements listed in the item B in the above link. As for item c and other items, they are ranking systems of FSW not EE system which has a total different calculating system. Anyway, EE will calculate if the candidate is applicable when he or she fill online form.

Thanks for sharing.

Good luck!
Thanks all for sharing and discussing this issue specially nickarter and Kathychn. I think if i have 64 points than also i can apply, as if some employer can offer me job and i will get 10 points (fsw point) for job offer . In the meanwhile i am attempting IELTS again. I have 6.5 band currently. Thanks all

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
mdRaees said:
Thanks all for sharing and discussing this issue specially nickarter and Kathychn. I think if i have 64 points than also i can apply, as if some employer can offer me job and i will get 10 points (fsw point) for job offer . In the meanwhile i am attempting IELTS again. I have 6.5 band currently. Thanks all
Good Luck for you Brother

Cansen

Jun 3, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
My Language level is CLB 6 and my work experience fall under NOC B. Based on EE FAQ, if the work experience is under NOC B then minimum criteria is CLB 5. But in FSW they have mentioned that applicant need to have CLB 7 minimum. So whether i am eligible to apply through FSW in EE or not.

13. Will there be a list of eligible occupations for Express Entry?

No. Express Entry will not include an eligible occupation list or occupation caps at the time of launch.

To be eligible to enter the pool, Express Entry candidates must have skilled work experience in a National Occupational Code (NOC) 0, A or B occupation. Jobs offered to candidates in the pool must be in one of these categories.

Job offers are also subject to the LMIA requirements in place at that time.

Candidates must also meet the minimum language requirements (for NOC 0 and A occupations: CLB 7; for NOC B occupations: CLB 5).

bob2015

Mar 29, 2014
nickarter84 said:

Re: 64 points (fsw). EE confusion
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2014, 08:36:36 am »
Reply with quoteQuote
Quote from: mdRaees on December 24, 2014, 07:27:31 am

And my thanks also to you both for the discussion. Although not resolved, it does give good points for both sides, but I think this is one of the most confusing aspects of the EE system so far, which has led to much uncertainity for applicants.

Hope to see more discussion and a definitive response from CIC etc in near future :) :p

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
bob2015 said:
Re: 64 points (fsw). EE confusion
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2014, 08:36:36 am »
Reply with quoteQuote
Quote from: mdRaees on December 24, 2014, 07:27:31 am

And my thanks also to you both for the discussion. Although not resolved, it does give good points for both sides, but I think this is one of the most confusing aspects of the EE system so far, which has led to much uncertainity for applicants.

Hope to see more discussion and a definitive response from CIC etc in near future :) :p

Hi friend,

Just start Count down ......3.......2.......1.......0..........................!!!

Finger Crossed

officialparth

Jun 9, 2020
You can apply for TEF, the french exam and get the minimum score in that. Also if you pass the exam with lowest points, you will get 4 extra points.