+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

64 points (fsw). EE confusion

mdRaees

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am getting 64 points for FSW. I have a question. I am getting 299 points for EE, suppose if i get job offer from employer (through EE profile) will i have to fulfill 67 points for fsw or it doesnt matter than?

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
mdRaees said:
I am getting 64 points for FSW. I have a question. I am getting 299 points for EE, suppose if i get job offer from employer (through EE profile) will i have to fulfill 67 points for fsw or it doesnt matter than?
If you have full time job offer then your score for fsw will become 74
Ultimately, you are eligible for EE

bob2015

Mar 29, 2014

What happen if you have 64 points, cant find additional points anywhere, but somehow if you are fortunate to get a nomination, could you qualify for EE??

mdRaees

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks nickarter84. Also the question asked by bob2015 applies to me aswell. What will if somebody with less than 67 points get nomination?

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
bob2015 said:

What happen if you have 64 points, cant find additional points anywhere, but somehow if you are fortunate to get a nomination, could you qualify for EE??

You must be eligible for FSW otherwise you can not create profile in Express Entry.

So, it means you MUST have 67 points,

You can retake IELTS for more points.

There are no points for PN in FSW. (Someone Correct me if I am wrong)

kathychn

Mar 26, 2013
nickarter84 said:

You must be eligible for FSW otherwise you can not create profile in Express Entry.

So, it means you MUST have 67 points,

You can retake IELTS for more points.

There are no points for PN in FSW. (Someone Correct me if I am wrong)
That is not correct. One only need to meet the " minimum requirement" of one of the three streams, FSW, FST, and CEC. I have checked the minimum requirements of FSW. There are three. 1) at least one year paid job 2) job NOC is on the list of category of A, B and 0 3) IELTS CLB 7.

You can check by yourself on CIC website under FSW category.

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
kathychn said:
That is not correct. One only need to meet the " minimum requirement" of one of the three streams, FSW, FST, and CEC. I have checked the minimum requirements of FSW. There are three. 1) at least one year paid job 2) job NOC is on the list of category of A, B and 0 3) IELTS CLB 7.

You can check by yourself on CIC website under FSW category.
What is not correct?

and 67 points is the minimum requirement.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

Cheers!

Jul 8, 2011
What if I have PNP nomination letter and a current job offer but I do not have a 1 year experience, does that mean I have to wait for another year to apply for the PR?

BCworker

Star Member
Dec 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What if I have Arranged employment(600 points) but I do not have a 1 year experience does that mean I have to wait for another year to apply for the PR?

kathychn

Mar 26, 2013
nickarter84 said:
What is not correct?

and 67 points is the minimum requirement.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

Cheers!
Your link is the ranking system for the present FSW system, but the EE system will use its own ranking system. Before anyone enters the pool, there is a basic requirement which is different from three categories. The below is the minimum requirements of FSW
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp Please refer to item B.

CIC's MI said that one meets the "minimum requirements" can apply, so the only thing we need to know is the minimum requirements for each class. Am I right? If I am wrong, pls correct.

But I do think those who do not get 67 under FSW stream have less opportunities to get a draw than those reach 67 points under present FSW system. Anyway, it is an opportunity to anyone. You will not lose anything for a try.

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
kathychn said:
Your link is the ranking system for the present FSW system, but the EE system will use its own ranking system. Before anyone enters the pool, there is a basic requirement which is different from three categories. The below is the minimum requirements of FSW
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp Please refer to item B.

CIC's MI said that one meets the "minimum requirements" can apply, so the only thing we need to know is the minimum requirements for each class. Am I right? If I am wrong, pls correct.

But I do think those who do not get 67 under FSW stream have less opportunities to get a draw than those reach 67 points under present FSW system. Anyway, it is an opportunity to anyone. You will not lose anything for a try.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

In the same link which you have provided, Please Refer to item C
C) Six selection factors

Also check Footnote,

Footnote 1

These factors are part of a 100-point grid used to assess federal skilled workers. This means you earn points for how well you do in each of the six factors. The total points will show if you qualify. The current pass mark is 67 points.

Cheers

BCworker

Star Member
Dec 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi nick,
i saw the link too and im getting 69/100 without work experience. I am working with lmia based job from last 2 months.
can i be eligible in fswp under EE in jan 2015? I have around 850 points in EE without any work experience.

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
BCworker said:
hi nick,
i saw the link too and im getting 69/100 without work experience. I am working with lmia based job from last 2 months.
can i be eligible in fswp under EE in jan 2015? I have around 850 points in EE without any work experience.

They require at least one year of foreign experience in the past ten years,
according to the CIC website, you are not Eligible.
"BUT"
since you have LMIA based job then consequences may be changed, you should consult with any lawyer/consultant, they can show you more better ways,
here we are just discussing the scenarios based on the published information on the CIC website and other resources.

Cheers!

kathychn

Mar 26, 2013
nickarter84 said:

In the same link which you have provided, Please Refer to item C
C) Six selection factors

Also check Footnote,

Footnote 1

These factors are part of a 100-point grid used to assess federal skilled workers. This means you earn points for how well you do in each of the six factors. The total points will show if you qualify. The current pass mark is 67 points.

Cheers
Hi,there. The above has no connection with EE requirements. Look at this link. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/criteria-crs.asp

In the "Pool entry criteria" paragraph, it states "You can read about the minimum criteria of any of these programs by using the above links. Or, you can use our online tool, Come to Canada, to see if you meet the criteria to get into the Express Entry pool. " To my point of view, I think the "the minimum criteria" is the entry criteria.

Maybe you are correct, but I insisit on my opinions but I respect your viewpoint. I have to go bed since it's half past to 12 at night. Thanks for sharing.

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
kathychn said:
Hi,there. The above has no connection with EE requirements. Look at this link. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/criteria-crs.asp

In the "Pool entry criteria" paragraph, it states "You can read about the minimum criteria of any of these programs by using the above links. Or, you can use our online tool, Come to Canada, to see if you meet the criteria to get into the Express Entry pool. " To my point of view, I think the "the minimum criteria" is the entry criteria.

Maybe you are correct, but I insisit on my opinions but I respect your viewpoint. I have to go bed since it's half past to 12 at night. Thanks for sharing.

I would suggest you to please click on any of the Program,

Example,
if you will click on Federal Skilled Worker Program , it will lead you to this link:

I am not insisting you to agree with this.