+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

60 Day Deferral for Removal Over

vancouveralex

Sep 12, 2018
So I am sponsoring my wife to become a permanent resident. She overstayed her initial stay in Canada, and while we were in the process of making the spousal sponsorship, CBSA was alerted.

We were granted the 60 day deferral for her removal, and allowed to submit our sponsorship application. I have been approved as a sponsor, her medical has been approved, and her background check is complete. We do not need an interview with IRCC. The application has still not been approved, and we are beyond the 60 day deferral.

Tomorrow, she is going to make her first report after the 60 days (about two weeks beyond the 60 day deferral), at the CBSA office. I will find out tomorrow whether they do indeed issue a removal order or issue another reporting day.

When I called IRCC last week, they did not seem concerned. They just said the file has not been approved yet, and a removal order hasn't been issued. Has anyone else been in this position? How long did it take to receive the results for your application?

Thank you

vancouveralex

Sep 12, 2018

The IRCC 12months process completion time is a promise and not a guarantee, it could take less or more.......your spouse out-of-status sponsorship will likely be more scrutinized and shouldn't be surprised if it takes a little longer to complete......good you have been approved as a sponsor, her medical has been approved, and her background check is complete.....which is good news.....and also good news your were allowed to submit the sponsorship application, after granting 60 day deferral for her removal.....relax.......its a wait game.

F. Administrative deferral or removal

Good Luck

Well, actually when a 60 day deferral is issued, CBSA communicates with IRCC to expedite the decision. What am hoping to find out on this forum is if anyone else has been in a similar situation or know how long this takes.

Yes, there is a 12 month processing time. However, in my situation, our application has been put to the front of the line.

Keepfaith09

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Hi i’m in the same situation now i just had an interview today by CBSA and they give 60 days in Canada within this period the decision will be made. How’s your application now?

MaceyHelen

Nov 25, 2020
So I am sponsoring my wife to become a permanent resident. She overstayed her initial stay in Canada, and while we were in the process of making the spousal sponsorship, CBSA was alerted.

We were granted the 60 day deferral for her removal, and allowed to submit our sponsorship application. I have been approved as a sponsor, her medical has been approved, and her background check is complete. We do not need an interview with IRCC. The application has still not been approved, and we are beyond the 60 day deferral.

Tomorrow, she is going to make her first report after the 60 days (about two weeks beyond the 60 day deferral), at the CBSA office. I will find out tomorrow whether they do indeed issue a removal order or issue another reporting day.

When I called IRCC last week, they did not seem concerned. They just said the file has not been approved yet, and a removal order hasn't been issued. Has anyone else been in this position? How long did it take to receive the results for your application?

Thank you
Hey! Any updates??