Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 April 2017
AOR Received.
5 May 2017
Will 6 occupations be eligible again after 31 October, 2014?

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
no one can predict what will happens next week,let alone next year lol.immigration program caps,targets,implementations and new proposals under the economic class are all subject to labour market growth and/or decline,so if there is a huge demand for any of those occupations they might be eligible again.
but my own opinion is most likely you will not see those occupations back into CEC program anytime soon simply because before CIC makes changes they do consultations and studies with stakeholders,consultants,employers,lawyers,the public and other government bodies so they pretty much have a clear idea,as you can see they have enough applications under the concerned occupations in their inventory and they will continue to process them until a final decision is made.

brattymoon

Nov 9, 2013
Are the changes applicable only with the specific noc code?im applying under cec as food service supervisor and just finished printing all the documents and these changes suddenly happened.im just thinking whether i will submit it or not since the noc code that i used (6212) is the same noc code written on my lmo?

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
sorry brattymoon but unfortunatly you do not qualify for CEC anymore.
you can't change your NOC code to another one that is eligible just to get by for CEC it will be considered misrepresentation,specially that you hold a closed work permit issued based on LMO for a specific employer,location and job title so changing NOC means you have illegaly performed job duties under job title that you weren't authorized for.
instead of (cheating-lying) sorry about the words that will only complicate your situation further i would suggest you consult provincial nominee programs available to people with your skills at your province.
once again sorry about the bad breaking news that you heared from CIC to day and good luck deciding your next steps.

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
hi please read carefully,he said his NOC is 6212 which is the 2006 noc code system according to the noc code system for 2011 is 6311 which is a food service supervisor,since he said work permit is based on lmo then im sure thats the job title in his work permit and he can not opt for a different job title because it will be considered illegal.
i guess he/she is employed at one of the fast food outlets.

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
lucky_CA if you are hot sure please do not give false hopes for people seeking help in this great forum.
the rules are very clear and if he choose to apply it will be painfull to go through all the wait game then get a negtive result.

brattymoon

Nov 9, 2013
The NOC code that i used was the one written on the LMO that my employer gave me.it was 6212 - Food Service Supervisor by the time i applied for a work permit (got the LMO last august 2012 and is valid for 2 yrs) that's why i used that code in completing the canadian experience class form!

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
yes i understand and noc 6212 version 2006 correspond to noc 6311 version 2011 until yesterday you qualified for CEC but as of today you became ineligible unfortunately.
many provinces have streams for food service supervisors,explore that option and also check with your employer see if willing to sponsor you as a PNP applicant.