+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

6 months Average account balance

Brunda

May 1, 2024
I have received ITA for my PR application on Dec 2023 and have submitted all the required documents. I have received a mail from IRCC asking to show my 6 months average account balance. How can I prove this to IRCC, should I upload my bank statements or should I get a letter from bank?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have received ITA for my PR application on Dec 2023 and have submitted all the required documents. I have received a mail from IRCC asking to show my 6 months average account balance. How can I prove this to IRCC, should I upload my bank statements or should I get a letter from bank?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

For proof, you must get official letters from any banks or financial institutions where you have an account.

These letters must be printed on the financial institution’s letterhead and include

• the bank or institution’s contact information (address, telephone number and email address)
  • your name
  • your outstanding debts (such as credit card debts and loans)
  • these details for each current banking and investment account you have with them
    • account numbers
    • date each account was opened
    • current account balances
    • average balance for the past 6 months

Reactions: Brunda

Brunda

May 1, 2024
Thankyou @Naturgrl for the information, but I would like to know if it is okay to submit my past 6 months statements which includes my opening and closing balance.

Tales Maciel

May 1, 2024
Hello everyone, how are you? I also received a message yesterday similar to @Brunda . I have to send all the letters from the three banks by Monday, but I'm afraid I won't be able to get all the letters.

I thought about consolidating all the money into a single bank account and sending the statement with the total amount required from just one bank account. Do you think there will be any issue?

Or is it necessary to resend all the statements from all the banks I previously sent?

Tales Maciel

May 1, 2024
Hello @Naturgrl .
I thought about consolidating all the money into a single bank account and sending the statement with the total amount required from just one bank account. Do you think there will be any issue?