+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

5th draw over. 481 points and 1620 invites..

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Auone said:
Hi Katja,

I think yes, parents can make donations and it will be accepted.

As for myself, I think I am going to decline my invitation and wait for a CEC specific draw.
Hi Auone,

It will be more complex than that. I have at least one colleague who got a CEC ITA in this draw. So it is not about waiting for a specific draw. Problem was that CIC stated if you qualify for both CEC and FSW, you would get ITA for both. This was found in instructions some where by people who experienced this situation in first 2 draws.

Now some people actually on purpose removed their past experience from profile and ECA to not qualify for FSW and then got CEC ITAs. But CIC apparently fixed that latter and all people wanting CEC got CEC draws. I am not sure how would you do it now.

If you try removing any of those things (like ECA) your score would drop, which is not desireable.

I seriously doubt that you would have the issue of proof of funds because of being FSW. Since you are working on an LMIA exempt job but on a work permit. But of course that's just my opinion. Asking a lawyer might help.

But one thing that's for sure. This was not an FSW only draw. So even if you decline, you might get drawn into FSW again.

ARMANIZ

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.

You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ARMANIZ said:
Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.

The problem is that "valid offer of arrangement employment" is a link whose details indicate that it has to be an LMIA based one unfortunately. So it is a tricky situation for the people who basically came here on LMIA exempt jobs, although they are currently working with valid permits.

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
ARMANIZ said:

The problem is "valid job offer" because it requires LMIA. How about those working on PGWP? Those jobs are considered invalid ? Has anyone who got CEC ITA tried to clarify this?

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi fkl,

Thank you for your input which is useful as always. Now, problem is, I have also seen someone here on the forum who said he's got 500+ points and he got ITA under CEC. This, to me is quite confusing, reason being, if you get 500+ points, theres no way someone would qualify only for CEC. They would definitely qualify for FSW aswell. I tried everything, removed my foreign work experience, minimized my funds to 0, literally everything. Still, it qualified me for both.

My thinking is that I keep refusing the ITAs until it comes down to a CEC specific draw. But what makes me anxious ishow long it will take before we get a CEC specific draw. Worse, what if my profile gets flagged or something for refusing ITAs multiple times.

You are right I should probably get in touch with a lawyer, but my experience with lawyers so far is that generally, their knowledge about this system is same as mine, if not less.

SMCANADAVISA

Oct 21, 2014
Feeling great about things moving unexpectedly faster. They did not do a draw in the first 20 days of the month keeping up with the trend of Jan & Feb, but made it up with the number ! Congrats to all who received ITA and good luck to those awaiting. Don't worry too much as the score has significantly fallen. You should be receiving ITA soon. Utilize this gestation lag acquiring required documents so that you can submit ASAP after receiving ITA. Personally am a bit surprised looking at the fall of score to 481 in the 5th draw itself. What would be it like in December 2015 draw ?

Joey10

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hmmm will there be a draw in December 2015 , i m sure the cap will be reached long before then

Big_Yute

Mar 21, 2015
Congrats to all who received ITAs so far!
I hope they get down to 419 before the end of April, before my PGWP expires.

canadadreamming

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
SMCANADAVISA said:
Feeling great about things moving unexpectedly faster. They did not do a draw in the first 20 days of the month keeping up with the trend of Jan & Feb, but made it up with the number ! Congrats to all who received ITA and good luck to those awaiting. Don't worry too much as the score has significantly fallen. You should be receiving ITA soon. Utilize this gestation lag acquiring required documents so that you can submit ASAP after receiving ITA. Personally am a bit surprised looking at the fall of score to 481 in the 5th draw itself. What would be it like in December 2015 draw ?
280 will be in December as I have already projected earlier, remember that everyone in the pool must be qualified as FSW or CEC, in previous year they would have already been accepted right away, Canada always have more demand than number of potential immigrants from oversea who want to move to Canada, every year quota was left unfilled in many occupations

fpnc2983

Feb 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SMCANADAVISA said:
it was definitely a bit of a shock to all of us.
we all predicted it would still be around 600-700.
now its clear to me why my agent is relaxed and not stressing that much about the the new system.
I am only at 409 points without eca and ielts for spouse and he was not really adamant I get ECA and ielts ASAP to get more points.
(this means I would have to spend $500 US dollars)
E told me to wait and be patient as the scores will most likely go down in a couple of months.
it's only the 5th draw and I did not expect 481. It gave a lot of people hope getting ITA soon. even people around the 300 mark.
and that really makes sense since all people in the pool passed the 67 point mark anyway. we will eventually get ITA, its just a question of when and it all boils down to CIC if they give us PR when its all said and done

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Something interesting has happened.....I updated my profile while filling the forms after ITA.......entered everything as before.....now my personalized document checklist does not say that I have to show Proof of Funds. Is it because I entered the available funds as 0?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Auone said:
Something interesting has happened.....I updated my profile while filling the forms after ITA.......entered everything as before.....now my personalized document checklist does not say that I have to show Proof of Funds. Is it because I entered the available funds as 0?
You are most welcom Auone

Could be. My take after thinking over this again is that you should submit your profile further and send CIC a case specific inquiry about this. Either they would accept your FSW application without funds (instead take proof of job as substitute) OR they would reissue you a confirmed CEC ITA. This is far better than cancelling ITA on your own. Because the reason is not clear that way.

Joey10

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada reaches its targets?8000 cec places were reached in October ? Application s were returned

canadadreamming said:
280 will be in December as I have already projected earlier, remember that everyone in the pool must be qualified as FSW or CEC, in previous year they would have already been accepted right away, Canada always have more demand than number of potential immigrants from oversea who want to move to Canada, every year quota was left unfilled in many occupations

clhussain

Mar 21, 2015
I got the invitation to apply - 1010 points... but my problem has started now... I have to apply it within 60 days and have to collect material for that... especially Police Certificates.. particularly from Pakistan... Can anyone guide me on that. So is that all documents have to submitted within 60 days complete... please guide

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
You are most welcom Auone

Could be. My take after thinking over this again is that you should submit your profile further and send CIC a case specific inquiry about this. Either they would accept your FSW application without funds (instead take proof of job as substitute) OR they would reissue you a confirmed CEC ITA. This is far better than cancelling ITA on your own. Because the reason is not clear that way.
Yeah I think that makes sense. Besides I think its gonna take me a couple of weeks to get the required documents in order anyways. you never know, they might revise my ITA anyways, like they did for other ITAs before. I'll submit my application and send a case specific enquiry after that aswell