+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

5 months pregnant and about to do Nominee Express Entry program

lebasi83

May 26, 2018
Hi! I would like to know if anyone has been in a similar situation and what happened.

I am 5 months pregnant (main applicant) and about to have 1-year full-time experience with my employer. My employer is willing to do the nominee even though I am pregnant. Once I get my Express Entry (Federal Skilled Worker) profile my boss will pick me from the pool through the nominee express entry program in my territory. I am just bit afraid that they could refuse me because I will be going soon on my maternity leave and therefore someone should cover me during my leave. Could this be a reason to be rejected? I know if I just wait to be invited through EE none of this will be an issue. Thanks for your help.

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
Hi! I would like to know if anyone has been in a similar situation and what happened.

I am 5 months pregnant (main applicant) and about to have 1-year full-time experience with my employer. My employer is willing to do the nominee even though I am pregnant. Once I get my Express Entry (Federal Skilled Worker) profile my boss will pick me from the pool through the nominee express entry program in my territory. I am just bit afraid that they could refuse me because I will be going soon on my maternity leave and therefore someone should cover me during my leave. Could this be a reason to be rejected? I know if I just wait to be invited through EE none of this will be an issue. Thanks for your help.
First of all congratulations...
As a mother of new born baby maternity leave is your right. It will not impact your PR process.

lebasi83

May 26, 2018
Thank you avm. I know it is my right. Just worried in case they say that it is necessary to get a new employee to cover my maternity and eventually let that person go when I am back...

lebasi83

May 26, 2018
So I have been approved the nominee program express entry of my territory and there was no problem. I just wanted to do the follow back. For those in my situation ...do not worry. I noticed usually people do not post the outcome and it will be useful for those who consult the page to know what happened.

Reactions: IT_GIS and aponce7