+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

436 No ITA yet, PGWP expires August, can I extend my WP after I get AOR?

ranjk89

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Hello,

I live in working in Toronto (NOC 2173), I have EE score of 436 and my PGWP is expiring August and I am hopeful of getting ITA within the next 2 draws. I hear people saying that one will get an AOR soon after they upload all the required documents. I am eligible under CEC, is AOR good enough to extend my work permit?

My employers is also processing LMIA for me but I am not very positive of that. I am hoping EE to click and at the best case I would be able to extend my work permit using AOR. Please comment if you guys know something about this. Customer care does not know much information about EE.

Thanks in advance.

kakhileshreddy

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
CELPIP-spouse-sept 23- same day submitted
AOR Received.
sept 14
Med's Request
sept 24-passed/recv'd
Med's Done....
sept 24
Passport Req..
FEB 24
once the application is recived at cic you can apply for extension. ppl are getting AOR in 5mins to 7 days. you are 17 points short dont worry you will be in by max june end(worst case) if not by next draw. once you get AOR can apply for extension. you will also have some grace period to apply for extension i think..

ranjk89

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Thanks a lot for your response.

Keeping my fingers crossed, I was doubtful after reading some thread saying that one will not be able to extend work permit with just AOR. Not sure what is the truth, I can't find any related information about using EE AOR for BOWP.

Specterz

Apr 2, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2017
Med's Done....
Mar 07, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 14, 2017
You can apply for BOWP, once you have "positive eligibility assessment"

CIC:
=================================================================================
for the purposes of these instructions, a “positive eligibility assessment” will also be considered made when the following is confirmed in GCMS:

For FSWP applications, the status of the Ministerial Instructions activity has been set to “Met” or a positive Final Determination of Eligibility letter or e-mail has been sent.
For PNP applications, the status of the Eligibility EC-QC/PNP activity has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgment of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO).
For CEC applications, the status of the Eligibility CEC activity has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the CIO.
For FSTP applications, the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the CIO.
=================================================================================

whitenoise23

Mar 30, 2015
This is very similar to my situation. I'm very curious about AOR and getting positive eligibility. I'm hoping to get an ITA for CEC soon. I have 507 points. Also my PGWP expires in August. What are the criteria for positive eligibility? Some people have said the AOR is enough for CEC others have said that more is required. Contradictory information.

Any help is welcomed!

ranjk89

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
@whitenoise23 How come you did not get an ITA yet? And did you try calling Canadian Immigration call centre to get information on this?

whitenoise23

Mar 30, 2015
I was one of those people who (erroneously) was eligible for FSW in the last round and got an ITA for the wrong class as I'm actually only eligible for CEC. I denied my ITA and changed my profile to be more accurate. My job offer is not supported by LMIA and I have less than $11,000 in funds. They haven't had another invitation round yet, so I'm hoping for the next one.

rasber

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
Med's Done....
14-02-2015
Specterz said:
You can apply for BOWP, once you have "positive eligibility assessment"

CIC:
for the purposes of these instructions, a “positive eligibility assessment” will also be considered made when the following is confirmed in GCMS:

For FSWP applications, the status of the Ministerial Instructions activity has been set to “Met” or a positive Final Determination of Eligibility letter or e-mail has been sent.
For PNP applications, the status of the Eligibility EC-QC/PNP activity has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgment of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO).
For CEC applications, the status of the Eligibility CEC activity has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the CIO.
For FSTP applications, the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the CIO.
My lawyer says "Operational Bulletin 485-A – September 19, 2013" is an expired document and this was supposed to be applicable for PR applicants before the Express Entry.

Someone from other thread posted that they got BOWP with EE AOR not sure.

Quote from: silmarilli103 on April 16, 2015, 11:28:14 am
We had applied for a BOWP in February based on an AOR for an application sent in 2014. That file was returned in February (due to being incomplete) and we had no option except wait for Express Entry scores to come down:( We didn't withdraw our work permit application as we had a lot of days left for processing and were hoping to get selected for Express Entry and update this application. But, we received an AOR a few days ago for express entry as well (ITA for March 20th draw) and we updated our BOWP application. Our PGWP were expiring tomorrow and our new permit got approved today Smiley So yes, to answer your questions you can use the Express Entry AOR for BOWP extension.

Good luck everyone!