+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

3152 Registered Nurse category

ghe

Mar 22, 2011
hi everyone, kindly share your experience related to IELTS requirements by CNO. Based on their website, they require... The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum score of 6.5. The minimum scores required to demonstrate reasonable fluency in written English on the IELTS are 6.5 in listening, 6.5 in writing and 6.5 in reading. The IELTS with a minimum score of seven (the IELTS includes an integrated speaking test)

however, my wife scores in IELTS are listening - 7.5, reading - 6.0, and writing - 6.0 and speaking is 7, so her overall band score is 6.5 and 7 on speaking. pls advise if anyone had approved/accepted IELTS by CNO (RPN or RN) with the same scores with my wife? many thanks!

CarribRN

Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
baby_gurl said:
hi. i'm also still about to fill up the BET forms. honestly not sure how to do this but I guess I should start somewhere and just do some add ons and edittings before I submit it to CNO which I wonder when. the forms have been sitting on my table for more than two weeks now :( don't really feel like touching it when I have no clue or help for it. yeah there are examples but not for all. did they give you examples for Humanities, Legalities/Ethics,etc., culture...? I only have a copy of examples for 3 categories.

where are you from, by the way?
It's just an essay. Write what you normally do on your work while trying to hit as many competencies as you can which can be found on the compendium.

baby_gurl

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Malaybalay City
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
September 2010
Med's Done....
October 2010
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
planning on July 2011
FARPADANA said:
already downloaded and printed out the compondium its about 375 pages it realy worth to print.

oh wow! that is a LOT! i'm starting to fill up the form as we speak.. my first case so far. hehehe!
i'm thinking of printing the competencies first so i can check on my answers and try to hit as many competencies a i can.

good luck!

paulferrer

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2010
Doc's Request.
05-2010
Med's Request
09-2010
Med's Done....
09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-13-2011
LANDED..........
07-24-2011
Hello everybody!

I'm done with my BET. Does anyone know the e-mail address that I will send it to?
It was stated that they preferred it to be sent thru e-mail.

Help please? Thanks!

canimmigrant

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, PHILIPPINES
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2010
Med's Request
25-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-09-2010
Passport Req..
14-11-2010
paulferrer said:
Hello everybody!

I'm done with my BET. Does anyone know the e-mail address that I will send it to?
It was stated that they preferred it to be sent thru e-mail.

Help please? Thanks!
hello paulferrer... i called the CNO regarding this as well... the guy there told me sending it through email is ok but it will take them longer to assess it... sending it through mail is better... just send it through registered mail...

but if you insist on sending it through e-mail, just use the email address they have on their site... you may use microsoft word... indicate your name and application number on the email subject...

i'm done with my BET as well and will be sending it through registered mail tomorrow... i pray that God will bless me as i have done my best... i pray that you do well also... let's stay positive and keep each other posted...

goodluck!!! ;D

canimmigrant

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, PHILIPPINES
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2010
Med's Request
25-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-09-2010
Passport Req..
14-11-2010
ghe said:
hi everyone, kindly share your experience related to IELTS requirements by CNO. Based on their website, they require... The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum score of 6.5. The minimum scores required to demonstrate reasonable fluency in written English on the IELTS are 6.5 in listening, 6.5 in writing and 6.5 in reading. The IELTS with a minimum score of seven (the IELTS includes an integrated speaking test)

however, my wife scores in IELTS are listening - 7.5, reading - 6.0, and writing - 6.0 and speaking is 7, so her overall band score is 6.5 and 7 on speaking. pls advise if anyone had approved/accepted IELTS by CNO (RPN or RN) with the same scores with my wife? many thanks!
it's best you address you inquiries directly through the CNO... they are accommodating and very nice... call them for immediate reply or email them if you like... they respond longer through email though...

goodluck! :D

paulferrer

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2010
Doc's Request.
05-2010
Med's Request
09-2010
Med's Done....
09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-13-2011
LANDED..........
07-24-2011
canimmigrant said:
hello paulferrer... i called the CNO regarding this as well... the guy there told me sending it through email is ok but it will take them longer to assess it... sending it through mail is better... just send it through registered mail...

but if you insist on sending it through e-mail, just use the email address they have on their site... you may use microsoft word... indicate your name and application number on the email subject...

i'm done with my BET as well and will be sending it through registered mail tomorrow... i pray that God will bless me as i have done my best... i pray that you do well also... let's stay positive and keep each other posted...

goodluck!!! ;D
Thank you canimmigrant! Il just send it thru registered mail as well..Thanks again!

Kwatogmd

Star Member
Jan 6, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 8 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
March 23, 2011, 2ND AOR - 04/07/11
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
Sent with app
Interview........
Hopefully waived
baby_gurl said:
B.E.T. = Baccalaureate Equivalency Table. It is developed to assist the College in determining whether you have the competencies that are comparable to a currently approved baccalaureate nursing program in Ontario. The objective of the the table is to provide evidence that you have achieved the entry-to-practice competencies necessary to practice as an entry level nurse in Ontario.

you will only receive this after you have submitted your initial application to CNO and if CNO will require you to submit additional information/documents to further assess you. along with BET you will also receive the verification forms for your employer and registration office.

others who are lucky enough are not required to fill up BET, and are instead given an eligibility to take CRNE.

hope this answers your queries.
Hi babygirl

Just wanna ask, this app package ur referring, is also the one i encountered in which i would also need to pay for the application whether i will be eligible or not?

Lizzy

baby_gurl

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Malaybalay City
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
September 2010
Med's Done....
October 2010
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
planning on July 2011
Kwatogmd said:
Hi babygirl

Just wanna ask, this app package ur referring, is also the one i encountered in which i would also need to pay for the application whether i will be eligible or not?

Lizzy
the form they send on their first mail: the one with the credit card info, etc. you have to send that to them first before they send the verification forms together with the BET (if they will require you to go through it). yes, you will have to pay for the assessment fee. that is the only way they/you will find out if you will be eligible to take the exam or go through bridging program first. is it non-refundable whether you will be eligible or not. assessment is only the first step with the registration process.

Kwatogmd

Star Member
Jan 6, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 8 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
Sent with app
Interview........
Hopefully waived
baby_gurl said:
the form they send on their first mail: the one with the credit card info, etc. you have to send that to them first before they send the verification forms together with the BET (if they will require you to go through it). yes, you will have to pay for the assessment fee. that is the only way they/you will find out if you will be eligible to take the exam or go through bridging program first. is it non-refundable whether you will be eligible or not. assessment is only the first step with the registration process.
And that is $678CAD right?:(

baby_gurl

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Malaybalay City
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
September 2010
Med's Done....
October 2010
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
planning on July 2011
Kwatogmd said:
And that is $678CAD right?:(
sadly, yes.
and just so you'll know, they change (increase) their fees time to time. i've heard BC increased their fee from 200+ to 500 something just this year.

Kwatogmd

Star Member
Jan 6, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 8 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
Sent with app
Interview........
Hopefully waived
baby_gurl said:
sadly, yes.
and just so you'll know, they change (increase) their fees time to time. i've heard BC increased their fee from 200+ to 500 something just this year.
I still see on their site that its $678CAD. By the way, when should i take and send ielts and other docs to them?Thanks for all the help. :)

baby_gurl

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Malaybalay City
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
September 2010
Med's Done....
October 2010
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
planning on July 2011
Kwatogmd said:
I still see on their site that its $678CAD. By the way, when should i take and send ielts and other docs to them?Thanks for all the help. :)
you can send those right away. by the way, your IELTS result should be sent to CNO directly from the test center (british council or idp. whichever you took with). go to their website, request for their form, send it back to them with the fee they require and they'll send it to CNO.

Kwatogmd

Star Member
Jan 6, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 8 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
Sent with app
Interview........
Hopefully waived
baby_gurl said:
you can send those right away. by the way, your IELTS result should be sent to CNO directly from the test center (british council or idp. whichever you took with). go to their website, request for their form, send it back to them with the fee they require and they'll send it to CNO.
But is it necessary for an assessment? Or just when u are about to register for crne? Its just that im not yet ready to have ielts cause of money and other things. :)

khai

Aug 6, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2010
AOR Received.
08-12-2010/17-03-2011
IELTS Request
GT IELTS request: January 21, 2011
File Transfer...
13-04-2011
Med's Request
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
24-05-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2011
LANDED..........
04-08-2011
hi everyone,

i received a package from CNO yesterday containing some forms and lists of additional documentations as a result of their initial assessment. Unlike most of you however, i have not received any BET form. The list only includes:

> OPtion form (wether to submit additional info or withdraw application)
> Course description from the school where i finished my College
> Summary of Nursing employment
> Verification of employment and reference with job description
> Verification of registration
> Evidence of Canadian citizenship or landing papers
> Copy of Marriage Contract
> IELTs result

Should i still expect any BET?