+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

30s years old woman want to immigrate canada via express entry

tracy2015

Aug 22, 2016
Hi everyone, i'm 30 years old single mum want to immigrate canada. i got my master degree in canada, 14 months post graduation work permit (i worked 5 months on this permit, ) 2 years lmo work permit (i worked only 14 months on this permit due to parental leave). my pnp was refused at stage 1 in 2014 because the officer said that i didn't give her my additional document that she asked for via email. i never got her email. also, my boss sent an email to cancel my application cause i was pregnant and my boss think pnp is too complicated, she doesn't want to do it.so i came back my country for a while. i started my life again here but i still want to go back canada for my daughter's future.i plan to work in my country for a couple years then reapply again via express entry. just say i will work for 4 years then apply, do you think i will be too old to apply for it?also, can i apply to study phd and get PGWP again cause i got 1 for mu master already. i read on cic it says PGWP is only once.many thanks

tormentor

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Age won't be a big issue for you. Since you already have a year of canadian work experience plus a canadian masters, I think you should watch out for the express entry changes coming in Fall. There's a very high chance that you would easily qualify for express entry directly.
Also, to answer your other question, yes you can apply for PhD but won't be eligible for PGWP again. But again, applying to PhD solely for the purpose of moving is often not a good idea.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can't obtain a second PGWP. It's once-a-lifetime only.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
tracy2015 said:
Hi everyone, i'm 30 years old single mum want to immigrate canada. i got my master degree in canada, 14 months post graduation work permit (i worked 5 months on this permit, ) 2 years lmo work permit (i worked only 14 months on this permit due to parental leave). my pnp was refused at stage 1 in 2014 because the officer said that i didn't give her my additional document that she asked for via email. i never got her email. also, my boss sent an email to cancel my application cause i was pregnant and my boss think pnp is too complicated, she doesn't want to do it.so i came back my country for a while. i started my life again here but i still want to go back canada for my daughter's future.i plan to work in my country for a couple years then reapply again via express entry. just say i will work for 4 years then apply, do you think i will be too old to apply for it?also, can i apply to study phd and get PGWP again cause i got 1 for mu master already. i read on cic it says PGWP is only once.many thanks
The first step is to check the eligibility. Use this link to check your eligibility http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp.

IELTS has a major role in boosting your CRS score. Try to target CLB 9 which is 8777 in LRWS. Use this calculator to see the impact that higher IELTS can have on your CRS score http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp.

You also need to get ECA done before creaying your Express Entry profile.

Under Express Entry, there are 3 ways to get Invitation to Apply (ITA) for PR.

1. Direct ITA - Based on your CRS score. If your score is 480 and above (based on the last few invites), you can get direct ITA. Once you get an invite you need to submit an electronic application for PR (eAPR). The whole process takes about 6 months. Check these links to know more.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/invitations.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/invite.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp

2. Provincial Nominee Program - If your CRS score does not qualify to receive direct ITA, you should apply for provincial nomination and if the province nominates you, 600 points will be added to your current CRS making your score go above 480 which will make you eligible to receive ITA in the next round of invitation. Once you get an invitation, you need to go through the process mentioned in point 1 above. PNP will take around 6 months followed by 6 months for ITA and subsequent processes.

3. LMIA Backed Job Offer - Another option to increase your CRS to get ITA is to get a job offer which is LMIA positive. This will add 600 points to your current CRS making your score go above 480 which will make you eligible to receive ITA in the next round of invitation.Once you get an invitation, you need to go through the process mentioned in point 1 above. LMIA might take up to 2- 3 months followed by 6 months for ITA and subsequent processes.

Document Requirements - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Read the first three sticky threads on this forum, it will answer most of your questions.

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
tracy2015 said:
Get good score in IELTS, then you will get more points for your Canadian education and experience.
Create express entry profile, hopefully you will get aor soon.
If you fall short of points you can re-apply for pnp.
you will not pgwp again so that's not an option anymore.

tracy2015

Aug 22, 2016
i have 1 more question. if i work in my country, for example, 3-4 years then apply express entry under FSWP, do they count my canadian experience even after 3 years?i left for parental leave since march 2015 and gonna go to work in this september. i know for cec it should be within last 3 years

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
tracy2015 said:
i have 1 more question. if i work in my country, for example, 3-4 years then apply express entry under FSWP, do they count my canadian experience even after 3 years?i left for parental leave since march 2015 and gonna go to work in this september. i know for cec it should be within last 3 years
I believe your Canadian work experience should net you the full 10 Adaptability points for FSW.

If I had your case, I would pursue CEC before the 3 years lapse. What is your projected CRS score? Check here. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
tormentor said:
Age won't be a big issue for you. Since you already have a year of canadian work experience plus a canadian masters, I think you should watch out for the express entry changes coming in Fall. There's a very high chance that you would easily qualify for express entry directly.
Also, to answer your other question, yes you can apply for PhD but won't be eligible for PGWP again. But again, applying to PhD solely for the purpose of moving is often not a good idea.
What changes are we talking about? Can you share the link of what is coming?

tormentor

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andy108 said:
This discussion thread summarizes the potential changes nicely : http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/potential-changes-in-express-entry-in-upcoming-months-released-by-ircc-t447837.0.html

tracy2015

Aug 22, 2016
if i gained canadian experience in accounting- bookkeeper, but when i work in my country, i work in different field, for example, human resources- recruitment officer, do they count my canadian experience or they just count on experience that i apply via express entry?

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
andy108 said:
There is no link but only rumors.

How is it possible that CEC will be given preferential PR? The day they will declare this, the next month all of us would be there as students. Not a big deal, just spend one year tuition fees and PR is yours. IF even the Minister is thinking of doing this it is going to Boomerang.

I bet not a single FSW application would be there in the pool. No IELTS general No CLB 9...who will not go as student !!!!!!! When PR is as good as guaranteed

The Minister is just fooling them because otherwise they will not get students. This is what happened in U.K they stopped giving WP after studies and 80 percent Universities had no students !! they started giving WP again. So to attract new students this type of strategies are very common. Give them fake promises.

tormentor

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:
How is it possible that CEC will be given preferential PR? The day they will declare this, the next month all of us would be there as students. Not a big deal, just spend one year tuition fees and PR is yours. IF even the Minister is thinking of doing this it is going to Boomerang.

I bet not a single FSW application would be there in the pool. No IELTS general No CLB 9...who will not go as student !!!!!!! When PR is as good as guaranteed
CEC or FSW is irrelevant here.
Getting admission into a good Canadian university for masters/phd is tougher than getting CLB 9. Been there done that. Have CLB 11-12 in CELPIP in each sections, masters from a top Canadian university. So I sort of know what I'm talking about. Still I'm in FSW like you, not in CEC (just on the basis of my foreign work experience prior to my masters).

LokiJr01

Apr 13, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
You've been to Canada already so I don't see any reason why you can't apply again.

The recent CRS cut off have been brutal though so much that the factors are too high for most of us, so the next best thing is PNP. It's worth a second try if you ask me :)

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
tormentor said:
CEC or FSW is irrelevant here.
Getting admission into a good Canadian university for masters/phd is tougher than getting CLB 9. Been there done that. Have CLB 11-12 in CELPIP in each sections, masters from a top Canadian university. So I sort of know what I'm talking about. Still I'm in FSW like you, not in CEC (just on the basis of my foreign work experience prior to my masters).
There are so many Representatives from Canada University in my city. They give spot admission and student get Visa in 21 days. But here the talk is something different. What I said is if they give special PR treatment to CEC and make PR easy, people will opt to go as Student Visa and get PR. There are very less chances for CEC to get special treatment, but I agree they will always get some more points which they should.

When we have ECA and our degrees are verified equivalent to Canadian Degree...what difference it makes whether CEC or FSW? A few points is okay but expecting easy PR will be too much