+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

3 years' worth of reference letters?

Apr 22, 2011
Hi! If anyone knows the answer to this, I'd greatly appreciate it... According to CIC, graduates from Canadian universities only need 12 months skilled work exp, and any work done while studying doesn't count. Yet they ask for reference letters from the past 3 years of work? Is it necessary to submit reference letters for work experience that doesn't count towards Canadian Exp. Class eligibility (e.g. TA work, other skilled part-time positions held during university years)

Also, just one more question... after working for 12 months with a post-graduation work permit, I entered a full-time grad school program in Canada. My study permit is expiring in May, and I applied for a new one, but it will take 3+ months given the current processing times, so I will be on implied status for half of the summer. Is it ok to apply for CEC now, or should I wait until I get the new study permit?

Thank you so much!!!!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can apply for CEC as soon as you qualify. There is no requirement to be in Canada or have status in Canada the time you apply.

If they ask for 3 years worth of experience letters, I think you should give it to them.