+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

24months caregiver requirement

Jocelyn

Aug 20, 2008
i am just wondering, supposing a live-in caregiver has not reach the 24months work required and the 3 years is up, is there still a possiblity that the caregiver can still continue to work under the cargiver program or does he or she has to be out of canada?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

Jocelyn said:
i am just wondering, supposing a live-in caregiver has not reach the 24months work required and the 3 years is up, is there still a possiblity that the caregiver can still continue to work under the cargiver program or does he or she has to be out of canada?
1. Doesn't complete the 24 months in 36 has to leave Canada.

PMM

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Jocelyn said:
I met some live-in caregivers who did not finish the 24 months in three years the first time, who tried again and are now in Canada still as live in caregivers. I don't know how they did it though. But you have to apply for a new TRV anyway which should be done outside Canada.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

job_seeker said:
Jocelyn said:
I met some live-in caregivers who did not finish the 24 months in three years the first time, who tried again and are now in Canada still as live in caregivers. I don't know how they did it though. But you have to apply for a new TRV anyway which should be done outside Canada.
They returned home and reapplied to start the process over again.

PMM

Jocelyn

Aug 20, 2008
thank you for the replies. so, if one cannot complete the required 24months, there is still a chance to come back to canada by applying again under the caregiver program?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Jocelyn said:
thank you for the replies. so, if one cannot complete the required 24months, there is still a chance to come back to canada by applying again under the caregiver program?
Based on what the people I have met said, you could apply again and start the 24 months all over.