+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

221G - Marked NO in PR application

itsagoodday

May 31, 2019
Hi

I got a 221G during US visa interview (h1b). There was no documents asked during US visa interview and they gave me a 221G slip, passport was taken by the VO. I was stamped visa after 3 weeks. I marked it as NO to the two questions in canada PR application related to visa refusal. Did I make a mistake? I am confused. Please assist.

Thanks

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
So were you refused, or was the visa application just delayed? You say "I was stamped visa after three weeks" - does that mean you eventually got the US visa without applying again?

If you eventually got the US visa, without applying again, you were not refused.

itsagoodday

May 31, 2019
So were you refused, or was the visa application just delayed? You say "I was stamped visa after three weeks" - does that mean you eventually got the US visa without applying again?

If you eventually got the US visa, without applying again, you were not refused.
@k.h.p. It was not refused. Just delayed for processing. It was approved after 3 weeks. The passport was with VO during this time. I did not reapply or anything. But in 221G sheet, standard given to anyone who gets 221G it says application refused for administrative processing. Your application will be reconsidered after processing is complete.

I am not sure if need to raise CSE. I read through many scenarios in the forum. All of them had their visas refused in 214b or some got 221G and later refused. Mine is neither. I was approved after 221G.

@legalfalcon Should I raise a CSE? I have MEP and biometrics submitted already.

Thanks for help guys

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@k.h.p. It was not refused. Just delayed for processing. It was approved after 3 weeks. The passport was with VO during this time. I did not reapply or anything. But in 221G sheet, standard given to anyone who gets 221G it says application refused for administrative processing. Your application will be reconsidered after processing is complete.

I am not sure if need to raise CSE. I read through many scenarios in the forum. All of them had their visas refused in 214b or some got 221G and later refused. Mine is neither. I was approved after 221G.

@legalfalcon Should I raise a CSE? I have MEP and biometrics submitted already.

Thanks for help guys
You don't have to do anything. Usually S. 221(g) puts an application on administrative hold. Usually when there is a request for additional evidence or when there is something missing.

This is not a refusal. So legally you are not supposed to inform IRCC, but depending on what was missing, you can inform IRCC, and it won't have any impact on your PR application.

Sep 15, 2020
Hi Friends,

I got 221g blue slip in 2013 and my employer never submitted any documents further and I believe that case would have got expired by now. But I declared "NO" for the question "Has <Applicant name> ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country ? " in my Express entry application (AOR - sep 5 2020) while filling details.
My question is, will this be a problem as I just realized I got 221g blue slip. Should I raise LOE now and upload the same thru Webform ? Please suggest if anyone encountered similar situation. Thanks !!!

Amarjitfx

Jun 17, 2021
Hi

I got a 221G during US visa interview (h1b). There was no documents asked during US visa interview and they gave me a 221G slip, passport was taken by the VO. I was stamped visa after 3 weeks. I marked it as NO to the two questions in canada PR application related to visa refusal. Did I make a mistake? I am confused. Please assist.

Thanks
did you inform ircc about it or not, because i am in the same situation like you after 3 weeks mine visa got approved, do we need to inform ircc about it or not?