+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
thanks for sharing this link, I was looking for it since long. So people have 60 days to apply application for PR if they're refused because they're outside? But what application of PR stream they've to apply to get PR once refused under TR to PR when outside? It doesn't tell where to apply and under what stream and what steps?
Depending on the individual situation around refusal, I recommend consulting an experienced lawyer.

However, if it were me and I was confident that the only issue I had was being outside of Canada, and it was still within the 60 day window after refusal, I would review the refusal letter carefully for any preferred means of further correspondence (an email address? an available document upload section in my account?). At the very least, I would prepare & submit a letter by webform. (In the past I was able to correct an error made by an agent on a Study Permit by submitting a letter through a webform). In the letter, I would refer to the refusal for being out of country, draw their attention to the policy noted in the earlier post from IRCC's website, and request that they reinstate my application for PR. I might do this even if it was outside of the 60 day window, and say that the policy has only recently been brought to my attention & that, after reviewing it, it appears that an error has been made in refusing my application. And if that didn't work, or took more than a month or two, I'd get a lawyer to write & submit another letter.

BUT, I'm not an expert and will defer to anyone out there who has experience in this matter.

Last edited:

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
Depending on the individual situation around refusal, I recommend consulting an experienced lawyer.

However, if it were me and I was confident that the only issue I had was being outside of Canada, and it was still within the 60 day window after refusal, I would review the refusal letter carefully for any preferred means of further correspondence (an email address? an available document upload section in my account?). At the very least, I would prepare & submit a letter by webform. (In the past I was able to correct an error made by an agent on a Study Permit by submitting a letter through a webform). In the letter, I would refer to the refusal for being out of country, draw their attention to the policy noted in the earlier post from IRCC's website, and request that they reinstate my application for PR. I might do this even if it was outside of the 60 day window, and say that the policy has only recently been brought to my attention & that, after reviewing it, it appears that an error has been made in refusing my application. And if that didn't work, or took more than a month or two, I'd get a lawyer to write & submit another letter.

BUT, I'm not an expert and will defer to anyone out there who has experience in this matter.
Do you know or are aware usually how long the officer gives to respond to pr portal? Is it 1 week from the date of email? I am just wondering say if I am in my home country that time & if I get it & if I return under a week’s time back to Canada & respond, will that be ok? Or do we need to respond within 2-3 days?

Simqer

Dec 28, 2022
Finally I got first notification (Medical passed) on my TR to PR application which was submitted June 28th 2021 AOR May 20th 2022. What is the thing to expect next?
My situation is similar. AR was Apr 23, 2021. AOR was Mar 2022. I finally got the medical request and then subsequently passed in November.
Received the email informing me about portal on Dec 16, this is your next step after medical is passed.
Today, Dec 28, 2022 I received the portal access and uploaded all the documents.

ace_01

Dec 28, 2022
hello. I would like to know if I can apply PR under federal skilled trade worker program while still waiting for TR to PR application ?

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
hello. I would like to know if I can apply PR under federal skilled trade worker program while still waiting for TR to PR application ?
Per IRCC:
“The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations do not prohibit multiple applications from being made in the economic stream. However, prior to concluding one of the applications, the immigration officer will advise the applicant that the other application(s) must be withdrawn.
Furthermore, while multiple applications may be submitted, the applicant must also be aware that there will be no refund of processing fees paid for the other application(s) once processing has begun.”

Oct 26, 2022
You said in an earlier post that you had received a letter or email from IRCC saying to be patient, that your application wasn't in the system yet, and you also say you did not receive the confirmation email when you submitted your original application (it's possible that it went to your Junk folder but that may be deleted long ago). I would do the following:

1) Can you see your original application submitted at https://trprpath-voiertrp.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/sign-in where we all had a special portal, username & password just for the TR2PR submission? That will at least tell us that it's in the original portal even though you may not have the confirmation email.
2) Have you tried to link your application to your online IRCC account using various combinations of personal data (Name, Passport #, place of birth, etc.) exactly as they are written in your application? If so, they have finally transferred your original application over to the GCMS system to start processing your file. You may or may not get an email stating that they have started processing your file (AOR). Always check your JUNK folder & make sure IRCC has your most up to date contact info.
3) I would still apply for the OWP under TR to PR, BEFORE THE END OF DECEMBER, with a Letter of Explanation indicating that the confirmation email may have gone missing but you are not sure why, and include the letter from IRCC saying that they are still working on getting your file into the system.
Hello hello, yes i confirm what i said earlier and i think that i checked the spam back then but nothing.
Yes i can totally see my portal with all the documents uploaded, and yes i tried to link it but without success...I agree with your about applying but when i follow the steps trough the link that you sent me, I'm confuse. They mention that after skipping the reference code i should enter "visitor visa or work permit" end after enter 'work" but i dont see those options....im trying,3 days left lol

Also that might song like a stupid question (but ive been thinking of that since one year now),when i look at my TR to PR portal i can reed (you cannot send you application anymore) even though i uploaded all the documents and ircc are apparently aware of an application, do you think its possible that i never click for send the application? In the confusion and the stress I'm thinking that it would not be impossible (i also dont remember if this option existed ,i just remember pay the fees).
Thank you so much.

Ccltheo

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
My situation is similar. AR was Apr 23, 2021. AOR was Mar 2022. I finally got the medical request and then subsequently passed in November.
Received the email informing me about portal on Dec 16, this is your next step after medical is passed.
Today, Dec 28, 2022 I received the portal access and uploaded all the documents.
I just received ADR asking for Schedule A and family information form for me and my spouse. Is it a good sign

Ccltheo

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Please everyone this is the ADR details i received this morning on my application. Any advice on the filling of the forms again and addressing the dates?
Thanks

Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature with updated personal, address and travel history since the age of 18 with no gaps in addresses or activities. In addition, ensure that you provide responses to all Statutory Questions as well as additional explanations for all statutory questions which you have provided a response of Yes. Ensure that you provide Personal History from 2015/02 to 2015/10; 2021/05 to 2021/06; Address history from 2015/02 to 2015/09. This must be received at this office by: 2023/01/05 > Additional Family Info IMM5406: A separate and newly completed Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) bearing original signatures. Please be sure to include addresses of all family members, as well as your own address. If you have a family member that is deceased please include their date of death as well as the city/town/country/territory where they last resided. This must be received at this office by: 2023/01/05

Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature with updated personal, address and travel history since the age of 18 with no gaps in addresses or activities. In addition, ensure that you provide responses to all Statutory Questions as well as additional explanations for all statutory questions which you have provided a response of Yes. Ensure that you provide Personal History from 2011/06 to 2011/11; 2015/08 to 2015/10; 2016/08 to 2016/12; Address history from 2011/06 to 2011/11; 2015/08 to 2015/10; 2021/05 to 2021/06. This must be received at this office by: 2023/01/05 > Additional Family Info IMM5406: A separate and newly completed Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) bearing original signatures. Please be sure to include addresses of all family members, as well as your own address. If you have a family member that is deceased please include their date of death as well as the city/town/country/territory where they last resided. This must be received at this office by: 2023/01/05 
The requested information/document(s) must be received within 7 days from the date of this letter.

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Also that might song like a stupid question (but ive been thinking of that since one year now),when i look at my TR to PR portal i can reed (you cannot send you application anymore) even though i uploaded all the documents and ircc are apparently aware of an application, do you think its possible that i never click for send the application? In the confusion and the stress I'm thinking that it would not be impossible (i also dont remember if this option existed ,i just remember pay the fees).
Thank you so much.
It is possible that you did not submit or that your submission failed. Below is what the top left-hand corner says in my original portal submission. Compare it to yours. I think you may want to send a webform under the heading of 'technical difficulties' and explain your situation including the letter from IRCC to be patient as your file has not yet been loaded (if it was never received, of course, it won't be loaded). Explain that you can see all of your documents in the original TR to PR submission portal but you have still not be able to link after 1.5 years.

Apply to become a Permanent Resident
You’ve submitted your application.

Provide your personal information and upload your documents ...

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Please everyone this is the ADR details i received this morning on my application. Any advice on the filling of the forms again and addressing the dates?
Thanks

Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature with updated personal, address and travel history since the age of 18 with no gaps in addresses or activities. In addition, ensure that you provide responses to all Statutory Questions as well as additional explanations for all statutory questions which you have provided a response of Yes. Ensure that you provide Personal History from 2015/02 to 2015/10; 2021/05 to 2021/06; Address history from 2015/02 to 2015/09. This must be received at this office by: 2023/01/05 > Additional Family Info IMM5406: A separate and newly completed Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) bearing original signatures. Please be sure to include addresses of all family members, as well as your own address. If you have a family member that is deceased please include their date of death as well as the city/town/country/territory where they last resided. This must be received at this office by: 2023/01/05

Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature with updated personal, address and travel history since the age of 18 with no gaps in addresses or activities. In addition, ensure that you provide responses to all Statutory Questions as well as additional explanations for all statutory questions which you have provided a response of Yes. Ensure that you provide Personal History from 2011/06 to 2011/11; 2015/08 to 2015/10; 2016/08 to 2016/12; Address history from 2011/06 to 2011/11; 2015/08 to 2015/10; 2021/05 to 2021/06. This must be received at this office by: 2023/01/05 > Additional Family Info IMM5406: A separate and newly completed Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) bearing original signatures. Please be sure to include addresses of all family members, as well as your own address. If you have a family member that is deceased please include their date of death as well as the city/town/country/territory where they last resided. This must be received at this office by: 2023/01/05 
The requested information/document(s) must be received within 7 days from the date of this letter.
It would appear that you left gaps in your original form.

To ensure no gaps, make sure that each period of time is covered sequentially, for example:
2022/4 to 2022/12
2016/11 to 2022/3
2015/07 to 2016/10
2015/01 to 2015/06

Or, they can overlap like the following, just make sure there are no gaps:
2022/4 to 2022/12
2016/11 to 2022/4
2015/07 to 2016/11
2015/01 to 2015/06

Activities can include being unemployed, studying, working, visiting, to name a few.

Reactions: PR Dreamer

Ccltheo

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
It would appear that you left gaps in your original form.

To ensure no gaps, make sure that each period of time is covered sequentially, for example:
2022/4 to 2022/12
2016/11 to 2022/3
2015/07 to 2016/10
2015/01 to 2015/06

Or, they can overlap like the following, just make sure there are no gaps:
2022/4 to 2022/12
2016/11 to 2022/4
2015/07 to 2016/11
2015/01 to 2015/06

Activities can include being unemployed, studying, working, visiting, to name a few.
So I dont need to explain anything, I should just close the dates gap and doesn't matter if different from the one I submitted?
Because I am thinking of explaining the gap since no space in the column to put the gap details

Reactions: PR Dreamer

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hello hello, yes i confirm what i said earlier and i think that i checked the spam back then but nothing.
Yes i can totally see my portal with all the documents uploaded, and yes i tried to link it but without success...I agree with your about applying but when i follow the steps trough the link that you sent me, I'm confuse. They mention that after skipping the reference code i should enter "visitor visa or work permit" end after enter 'work" but i dont see those options....im trying,3 days left lol
Yes, the instructions versus what appears online is confusing. Go back & read the instructions again, step by step, for the OWP for TR to PR Pathway. Follow them exactly. They will have you enter some data that doesn't seem 'right' or doesn't seem to be in the 'right' box, but do it any way. Only follow the instructions or guidance on the screen, or the general OWP guidelines, when you have not been instructed differently about that section from the OWP for TR to PR Pathway. Sorry, I can't be more help.

Maybe someone who has more recently filled out the OWP for TR to PR Pathway can comment?

Last edited:
Reactions: benderrodriguez

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
So I dont need to explain anything, I should just close the dates gap and doesn't matter if different from the one I submitted?
Because I am thinking of explaining the gap since no space in the column to put the gap details
I don't know why you left gaps in your original form or what you were doing during those gaps, so depending on how complicated your story is, you may want to provide a explanation. You need to complete it accurately & truthfully. If the gaps were simple errors, you may want to say that in a letter of explanation -- perhaps you weren't sure what to enter as an 'activity' so you left them out because you were 'doing' anything?? For example, 'Unemployed' is a legitimate 'activity' if you were not Studying or Working or Visiting. You can add an extra page set up in a similar table format to continue your details if you run out of room.