AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
For the Feb applicants that haven't received OWPs, don't worry - you're all still under four months. I agree that it's probably just up to which agent goes through their pile faster and I'm sure you'll all get it in the next couple of weeks. And you will get an email (I got two) when it's approved so don't worry about checking the website all the time.

Relax, you'll get it soon!

varela

May 29, 2018
Good Morning, its my first post here.
My husband and I married in February 2018 here in Canada, he have Closed Work Permit, because his Company sponsor him and im here like a Tourist from December to June.
We apply for OWP permit for me 18 April, and we have number file and number CIC, but we didnt have any update.( we dont have PR)

For other hand we have air tickets to fly to Miami in June, but we read that we cant leave the country while we waiting for repply, this is right?.

How many times could be take final desicion??

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
My husband and I married in February 2018 here in Canada, he have Closed Work Permit, because his Company sponsor him and im here like a Tourist from December to June.
We apply for OWP permit for me 18 April, and we have number file and number CIC, but we didnt have any update.( we dont have PR)

For other hand we have air tickets to fly to Miami in June, but we read that we cant leave the country while we waiting for repply, this is right?.

What did you mean you don't have PR, if so, who is sponsor who?

The process now it would take at least 12 months, maybe more, if you check other post, there was one from 2017, mostly people took 14 month can be done the whole process.

The guide 5289 said:
Leaving Canada can automatically cancel temporary resident status as a visitor, student or worker.

So if you want to go somewhere, be careful you may can not come back.

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM

I think you are in the wrong thread. You should post your question on the Temporary Residence in Canada forum: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/temporary-residence-in-canada-work-study-visit.58/

rudycm

Sep 26, 2017

I guess this has nothing to do with spousal sponsorship.

varela

May 29, 2018
What did you mean you don't have PR, if so, who is sponsor who?

The process now it would take at least 12 months, maybe more, if you check other post, there was one from 2017, mostly people took 14 month can be done the whole process.

The guide 5289 said:
Leaving Canada can automatically cancel temporary resident status as a visitor, student or worker.

So if you want to go somewhere, be careful you may can not come back.

Thanks. yes he´s sponsoring me like spouse with OWP.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Does your husband have permanent residency? And did you apply both for OWP and permanent residency for yourself or just OWP?

rudycm

Sep 26, 2017
This makes no sense. Spousal sponsoring is only for people that have PR or citizenship. You can't "sponsor someone's work permit" if you are temporary resident (work permit holder). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

rudycm

Sep 26, 2017
I guess she is mentioning the work permit that you can get as a spouse of someone that already has a study permit/work permit. That is possible as far as I know but it's not called sponsoring.

Reactions: varela

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
I guess she is mentioning the work permit that you can get as a spouse of someone that already has a study permit/work permit. That is possible as far as I know but it's not called sponsoring.
I just talked with my husband, he said that maybe OK, but her work permit will be expired same as her husband's.

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
[QUOTE = "iamvenus, post: 6968741, member: 492986"] Creo que estás en el hilo equivocado. Debe publicar su pregunta en el foro de Residencia temporal en Canadá: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/temporary-residence-in-canada-work-study-visit.58/ [ /CITAR]

My husband spounsoring me like spouse with OWP.
You are still in the wrong thread. Post your question on the link I provided earlier. They can help you better there. This thread is for Spousal Sponsorship for Permanent Residence. The work permit you are inquiring about is for Temporary Residence. Unless your husband is a PR or citizen of Canada.

Reactions: varela

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
Has anybody who’s applied in 2018 gotten their request for a medical exam yet?
Dec 21st applicant here and my wife has yet gotten her med request yet. I see in the timeline spreadsheet (found in my signature) that the Nov apps are starting to receive them. Looks like June would be the Dec apps receiving them.

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
Oh, okay. I thought there was a waiting time of 4-5 months, but I guess it’s more like 6-7.

I wish I could just do the medical ASAP and get it over with, lol
4 months for OWP. 6-7 months for med request. 11-12 months for SA/AIP/DM.

Reactions: Vivian-inland