+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
My application was received March 12th, still no AOR. Is there anyway I can check if my application was rejected? Whose email do you get the AOR on?
If the application has been returned, that means you missed some documents, but the waiting time can go for 6-8 weeks, so sit tied!

vaibhavshere

Nov 27, 2015
i just happened to check today....

it literally happened today as I also checked yesterday and it had the older status
Happy to announce that my wife too got her OWP approved today!!! You guys are just awesome....all people on this forum deserve a big Thank You!!
PR App submitted on Jan02. More than CIC, I have been checking this forum for updates...and as soon as I saw this post...i had to check mycic ...it read.....
Final decision Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

but there is no message or details....and we have not received any emails yet... but it sure feel good :)

godmustbecrazy

Jan 31, 2018
Happy to announce that my wife too got her OWP approved today!!! You guys are just awesome....all people on this forum deserve a big Thank You!!
PR App submitted on Jan02. More than CIC, I have been checking this forum for updates...and as soon as I saw this post...i had to check mycic ...it read.....
Final decision Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

but there is no message or details....and we have not received any emails yet... but it sure feel good :)

Congratulations vaibhavshere. I had submitted my PR app with OWP on Jan 11, received my AOR on Feb 16 and can see 'Date Application Received' for PR app as 11 Jan, and 'Date Application Received' for OWP app as 4 Jan.

What is the ‘Date Application Received’ on your OWP (Not PR) application?

hkdvirdi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2013
Congratulations vaibhavshere. I had submitted my PR app with OWP on Jan 11, received my AOR on Feb 16 and can see 'Date Application Received' for PR app as 11 Jan, and 'Date Application Received' for OWP app as 4 Jan.

What is have seen is that the OWP application date is usually a week before the PR application. I dont know why but that's how I have been seeing them in these forums.

Reactions: godmustbecrazy

vaibhavshere

Nov 27, 2015

Thank you "godmustbecrazy" !! ... i couriered my PR app on Jan 02 but OWP status says... Date application received: December 26, 2017..... strange but lots of people have same observations....

Reactions: godmustbecrazy

godmustbecrazy

Jan 31, 2018
Thank you "godmustbecrazy" !! ... i couriered my PR app on Jan 02 but OWP status says... Date application received: December 26, 2017..... strange but lots of people have same observations....
Thanks for sharing your details vaibhavshere. So I am probably 8-9 days from my OWP coming thru. Will post once I receive it.
And amazing day you're having - read your next post too. :D

godmustbecrazy

Jan 31, 2018
What is have seen is that the OWP application date is usually a week before the PR application. I dont know why but that's how I have been seeing them in these forums.
Yup hkdvirdi. That is right. I only wanted to know what was the timeline so I get a clearer idea of what approx. date would date of OWP’s are starting to come thru. Thanks though your's should be in soon too!

Last edited:

AdeAhmed

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Hi all,

happy to inform that my initial hunch was right, and wifeys work permit was approved...message isnt updated yet so hoping to ensure they removed the work restrictions since we did an upfront medical

AdeAhmed

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015

lol no worries...i received an email to chekc...also says check messages, but no message there

Rety

Apr 1, 2016
Guys while calling cic when we type application number of owp does automated computer reply gives correct information . Plzz can anyone guide me for this ?

Dec 4, 2014
You can call CIC here to ask about your application: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp

The sponsor gets the email, and the email address of the sender is Client-update-mise-a-jour@cic.gc.ca
Trying to call them but without an application number I can't proceed in the menus. It may help to know that my application is for a Common Law relationship -- I'm not married to my spouse.

EDIT: My girlfriend received the application from IRCC today. Missing Police Certificates and Notice of Assessment. I made the mistake of providing a tax return instead of the NOA. On the Police Certificates however, both points i.e. The country where I've lived the longest since I'm 18 and where I currently live is Canada -- and I checked the box which says so. This allows them to request the certificates through IRCC automatically. So what was I in fault for?

Is the AOR faster once I resubmit? I saw some peoples timelines where the AOR is a couple of days after they've resubmitted. Also, do I resubmit to a specific address, or have to pay the fees again? (most probably not)

Last edited:

sandy94

Apr 19, 2018
My partner just received his owp yesterday which is great news, but I'm wondering what the next steps will be. Does anyone know what is going to be upcoming after the work permit was approved?

bieber123

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
My partner just received his owp yesterday which is great news, but I'm wondering what the next steps will be. Does anyone know what is going to be upcoming after the work permit was approved?
When did he submit his application? You just need to wait for a few months for medical request.

sandy94

Apr 19, 2018
When did he submit his application? You just need to wait for a few months for medical request.
He submitted the application on Jan 2nd, and they sent an email on Feb 9-10. Would it be better to do the medical in advance? or better to wait just to see what they want

Reactions: bieber123