+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Hi Guys,
Can I ask you a question, when your guys got the email about AOR 1 , was in the email given you the PR file number and Open working permit number as well? both file numbers?

Michyy

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
23-03-2018
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
Are they going to pay the school fees or its free..thankyou
Fees depend on the school board that you're enrolling your child in. You will have to call them in advanced and let them know you have a work permit and would like to enroll your child. As for the study permit, according to: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/minor-children/need-permit.html
They will not necessarily need a study permit. However, you will have to make sure that your child's status is valid while in school.

Mico_0921

May 24, 2018
Fees depend on the school board that you're enrolling your child in. You will have to call them in advanced and let them know you have a work permit and would like to enroll your child. As for the study permit, according to: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/minor-children/need-permit.html
They will not necessarily need a study permit. However, you will have to make sure that your child's status is valid while in school.
What should i gonna apply then if she don’t need a study permit for her to come here

Michyy

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
23-03-2018
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019

Selene_Underworld

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
I am on the same timeline with you. I received the application number on Apr 10. But, it may vary from case to case. Do panic before 8 weeks of waiting. Stay confidence.
Hello, sorry I posted this earlier already but... since it's now 10 weeks and I haven't heard anything from CIC (my application was received on March 13), I kinda getting panicking. My husband checks his mail box regularly too and see nothing. Should I contact them now? I mean, if my application is not complete, it should be sent back by now as well right?
Thank you!

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
Hello, sorry I posted this earlier already but... since it's now 10 weeks and I haven't heard anything from CIC (my application was received on March 13), I kinda getting panicking. My husband checks his mailbox regularly too and sees nothing. Should I contact them now? I mean, if my application is not complete, it should be sent back by now as well right?
Thank you!
It takes about 12 months for the process to complete. Give or take a month or two, whether you applied outland or inland. If you applied with OWP, it takes 4 months to receive OWP. approximately 6-7 months to receive a medical request. approx 11th month to receive DM (decision made). Every case is different from what I read on here. The bulk of this process is a lot of waiting. have patience. :)

Reactions: ADRIANMR

Selene_Underworld

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
It takes about 12 months for the process to complete. Give or take a month or two, whether you applied outland or inland. If you applied with OWP, it takes 4 months to receive OWP. approximately 6-7 months to receive a medical request. approx 11th month to receive DM (decision made). Every case is different from what I read on here. The bulk of this process is a lot of waiting. have patience. :)
Thank you for the reply. I understand the waiting of the whole process. I was hoping to receive the AOR - which a lot of people said it would come within 4-8 weeks. FYI, I applied inland, with OWP.

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
HI guys, when you link the OWP account, which one you use :
Application number and Family Name?
Application number and UCI?
Family name, given name and date of Birth?
UCI and family name?

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
Hi Guys,
Can I ask you a question, when your guys got the email about AOR 1 , was in the email given you the PR file number and Open working permit number as well? both file numbers?
Just the PR app number is given in the initial email, informing you about the AOR. After few days you should be able to link your OWP app to your online account with your UCI.

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
HI guys, when you link the OWP account, which one you use :
Application number and Family Name?
Application number and UCI?
Family name, given name and date of Birth?
UCI and family name?
It takes some time before you can link your OWP to your account, so try it in a couple of days. There has been several different options talked about on the forum before. Make sure you don’t use your PR app number, as this is completely separate from the OWP app. Use the

redhotgalego

Star Member
Aug 20, 2015
We applied in December, got a letter asking for an additional payment in February (my bad), should I expect my owp somewhere in June? I´ve linked my owp application to my cic account but it still just says they are working on it.

Another question, my passport expires in mid-January, a year and a month after submitting my application. It cannot be renewed from Canada, so I was planning to go back home some time in the fall, is this advisable?

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
We applied in December, got a letter asking for an additional payment in February (my bad), should I expect my owp somewhere in June? I´ve linked my owp application to my cic account but it still just says they are working on it.

Another question, my passport expires in mid-January, a year and a month after submitting my application. It cannot be renewed from Canada, so I was planning to go back home some time in the fall, is this advisable?
If they received your OWP app (2nd time) mid Feb, mid June would be a reasonable date to look out for.

Of what I’ve been reading on this forum so far, it doesn’t sound like a very advisable thing to do. The moment you want to re-enter Canada, there’s a chance that they don’t let you back in. If that happens, your PR app is cancelled and you have to start all over. This is what I’ve understood of previous posts but if this is incorrect, please correct me!

redhotgalego

Star Member
Aug 20, 2015
If they received your OWP app (2nd time) mid Feb, mid June would be a reasonable date to look out for.

Of what I’ve been reading on this forum so far, it doesn’t sound like a very advisable thing to do. The moment you want to re-enter Canada, there’s a chance that they don’t let you back in. If that happens, your PR app is cancelled and you have to start all over. This is what I’ve understood of previous posts but if this is incorrect, please correct me!
Thanks for the info. You are totally right about leaving Canada (what a disgusting law, by the way). My problem is that if my passport expires I´m even more screwed. Usually, if you´re travelling with your spouse and there´s nothing suspicious there should be no problem, but it´s completely arbitrary. I guess I should try calling immigration and explaining the situation, they might have some advice.