+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2015 RQ Timelines

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
AkkDivz said:
thanks fishbone.

this was post test RQ.

I received the RQ from the CO on the day of the test (Jan 30th) during interview as I was short on physical presence.

I submitted the filled RQ one week later (ie on Feb 6th).

the status was changed to decision made in ecas on Feb 9th, but the detailed decision did not mention anything like if they have sent me an invitation for the oath.

on feb 18th however, the detailed status in ecas was updated to reflect the last line (ie they sent me the letter to take the oath).

so time from test (or RQ received) to oath invitation was approx. 15 days.

Whats amazing is time taken from RQ submission to Decision made was just 3 days!!!
Congrats! Would u mind sharing how many days less than 1095 days? It may help some of us as I had submitted with less self declared less days as I was travelling due to Canadian business corporation.

Also my office is Scarborough, Toronto. Which is your office?

AkkDivz

Star Member
May 31, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2009
Doc's Request.
15-09-2009
AOR Received.
21-01-2010
File Transfer...
22-09-2009
Med's Request
22-02-2010
Med's Done....
08-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2010
LANDED..........
Yet to land
Exports said:
Congrats! Would u mind sharing how many days less than 1095 days? It may help some of us as I had submitted with less self declared less days as I was travelling due to Canadian business corporation.

Also my office is Scarborough, Toronto. Which is your office?
Thanks! to be precise , I had a physical presence of around 930 days. local office was Scarborough. one thing which went in my favour was I had reported each and every trip with entry and exit dates meticulously (despite around 50 trips during that period) even in my original application and maintained the same in my RQ. the CO who interviewed me assured me that my case was straightforward because they had obtained all clearances,etc smoothly due to the fact that I had reported all my trips in the original app. so all she asked me to ensure was to copy over the info from the original app to the RQ and all would be fine..

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
AkkDivz said:
Thanks! to be precise , I had a physical presence of around 930 days. local office was Scarborough. one thing which went in my favour was I had reported each and every trip with entry and exit dates meticulously (despite around 50 trips during that period) even in my original application and maintained the same in my RQ. the CO who interviewed me assured me that my case was straightforward because they had obtained all clearances,etc smoothly due to the fact that I had reported all my trips in the original app. so all she asked me to ensure was to copy over the info from the original app to the RQ and all would be fine..
I did apply with more than 1095 days and was RQ'ed. Like you, I reported ALL trips (including same day trip to USA) both in the original application and in the RQ (just copy paste). I received my ICES report from CBSA and I-94 from USA and ensure all trips were reported and I attached both documents to my application and RQ. It did help.

I always advise to applicants to obtain both ICES report from CBSA and I-94 from USA (for those traveling to USA) and report all trips (including same day trips to USA)

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
AkkDivz said:
Thanks for sharing your experience. The CO WOULD HV been really nice!.
I had self declared physical presence of 917 days. Most trips to Asia and Middle East. The CO at the time of test said that due to less physical presence will Hv to C the CITIZENSHIP JUDGE. RQ was pre test. Application in March 13 and rq in November 13. ATIP shows " discrepencies exits " ( not sure if due to days or it is due to business )
Even though the dates match; the CO didn't bother to go thru the docs. Now 6 months plus waiting for CJ HEARING. I don't know what is their concern, business in Canada, self-employment or less days ? I am gathering docs for new application now and planning to wait until March this year.

dabas

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
AkkDivz said:
CO obtained all clearances? does this refer to CBSA entry record only?

WassimH

Mar 17, 2016
Aug 2008 - Came to Canada
Late 2011 - Applied for Citizenship
Feb 2014 - Exam
Jan 2015 - Told by CIC that our whole family (applied as family) is on a queue to see the judge
Jan 2015 - Decided to start over, this time apply as separate members, since everyone in family is now adult
Feb 2015 - Everyone in family applied
Aug 2015 - I did the exam. Got full RQ after the exam because they were suspicious about me forfeiting the first application. It's funny, because no one else in my family had that issue. It's also funny because I have less than 2 months abscence in Canada in the last 8 years. Haven't seen my grandparents in more than 5 years...
Aug 2015 - Submitted the RQ on the SAME DAY of my exam
March 2016 - Still waiting

How depressing is my life ? I came here at 16, next month I will be 24 years old and I'm still getting denied. I did a high school diploma and university degree. The words frustration and hopelessness don't begin to describe how I'm feeling at the moment. Let me note that as of Dec 2015, everyone else in my family is Canadian.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
AkkDivz said:
thanks fishbone.

this was post test RQ.

I received the RQ from the CO on the day of the test (Jan 30th) during interview as I was short on physical presence.

I submitted the filled RQ one week later (ie on Feb 6th).

the status was changed to decision made in ecas on Feb 9th, but the detailed decision did not mention anything like if they have sent me an invitation for the oath.

on feb 18th however, the detailed status in ecas was updated to reflect the last line (ie they sent me the letter to take the oath).

so time from test (or RQ received) to oath invitation was approx. 15 days.

Whats amazing is time taken from RQ submission to Decision made was just 3 days!!!
Many thanks to God that CIC improved this much RQ submission to Decision made in 3 days.

WassimH

Mar 17, 2016
heeradeepak said:
Many thanks to God that CIC improved this much RQ submission to Decision made in 3 days.
Have you read my above comment ? 7 months and a half and still going. And mind you I have less than 2 months abscence in the last 8 years. So it's not going to be 3 days for everyone I'm afraid.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
WassimH said:
Have you read my above comment ? 7 months and a half and still going. And mind you I have less than 2 months abscence in the last 8 years. So it's not going to be 3 days for everyone I'm afraid.
15% of all applications are dealing with processing delays of more than 4 years. Last week one of the MP mentioned that in the House of Commons.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
WassimH said:
To be honest all of us know that it depend on CIC officer how he evaluate the applicant file and issue RQ.

I want to share my experience with CIC. Nov 2011 my wife citizen application got RQ after test and she sent them all documents with in a week. After that she didn't receive any correspondence from CIC until dec 2014.

She got another RQ in dec 2014, so same documents we sent them again which we sent to them in Dec-2011.

Jan 2015 she got her oath. My question if all documents were good which she sent to CIC in 2011 why she wait for 4 years, believe me no one open that documents packet in 2011. Salute to CIC and Jason Kenny.