+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2014 FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER (Openning on May 1, 2014)

Cgill

Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
June 2016
Med's Request
June 2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
Passport Req..
Dec 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2017
Hi Guys,

I have one question. I am filing my FSW application for 2173. My job responsibilities and titles matches with employee reference letter. But Employee reference letter did not mentioned no of hours per week. How many you are applying without hours and it is okay to do that. Ad It is hard to get no of hours on letter from India.

Thanks in Advance,
--

felixtae

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
In one of my job reference letter, it only states that I was hired as a Principal Engineer, which is the title on my contract. The manager would not include Mechanical Engineer/Thermal Engineer/Fluid Mechanical Engineer or their alike citing company policy. The letter listed out the general duties that I have to perform, yet nowhere in the letter mentioned Mechanical Engineering. What do you think I should do with that? Should I include a note on that with my application? Well, I can include the thesis pages for myself and my manager, which clearly showed that both of us have a doctorate in Mechanical Engineering from Top-ranked universities in North America. Any suggestions?

TO DREAMLAND

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Visa recd on 24th Feb '14
felixtae said:
In one of my job reference letter, it only states that I was hired as a Principal Engineer, which is the title on my contract. The manager would not include Mechanical Engineer/Thermal Engineer/Fluid Mechanical Engineer or their alike citing company policy. The letter listed out the general duties that I have to perform, yet nowhere in the letter mentioned Mechanical Engineering. What do you think I should do with that? Should I include a note on that with my application? Well, I can include the thesis pages for myself and my manager, which clearly showed that both of us have a doctorate in Mechanical Engineering from Top-ranked universities in North America. Any suggestions?
See it's always better to provide with all supporting documents to ascertain what you have stated is true,td

TO DREAMLAND

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Cgill said:
Hi Guys,

I have one question. I am filing my FSW application for 2173. My job responsibilities and titles matches with employee reference letter. But Employee reference letter did not mentioned no of hours per week. How many you are applying without hours and it is okay to do that. Ad It is hard to get no of hours on letter from India.

Thanks in Advance,
--
I think the hours of work is to be stated, because it determines whether you are doing full time job or not,td

TO DREAMLAND

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LJROY said:
hi all,

I'm working as a Lecturer at university affiliated college since last one year.

Am i eligible for 4011 category?
Yes you are. It is clearly stated that the applicant must have atleast one year work experience in any one of the notified NOC, td

Jango1

Apr 16, 2014
Felixtae

Just mention that the position required a degree in mechanical engineering.

All people have fancy designations, but more important is your duties you perform.

LJROY

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
File Transfer...
23-02-2015
Med's Request
18-03-2015
Med's Done....
03-04-2015
Interview........
TL: 14-04-2015
Passport Req..
DM : 12-05-2015 PPR: 13-05-2015
LANDED..........
soon
TO DREAMLAND said:
Yes you are. It is clearly stated that the applicant must have atleast one year work experience in any one of the notified NOC, td

But I'm a lecturer in University Affiliated College.
And 4011 Category is for UNIVERSITY LECTURER & PROFESSORS.
That's why i got confused.
Although I'm performing almost all duties enlisted on the site.

jonkrav

Apr 27, 2014
Hi I have 2 years of full time work in a skilled category and a number of other part time jobs that were not skill related. Would I need references from everything or just the skilled work?

vishal shrestha

Apr 18, 2014
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my opinion, u must need to have minimum one year of skilled related job and then thereafter you may have an experience of non-listed jobs too and that too will be taken into account i guess.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

TO DREAMLAND said:
Actually No, the category is for University Lecturers / Professors, the OP is at a College, it is doesn't matter that it associated with a University it is still a college, therefor not eligible.

felixtae

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Jango1 said:
Felixtae

Just mention that the position required a degree in mechanical engineering.

All people have fancy designations, but more important is your duties you perform.
TO DREAMLAND said:
See it's always better to provide with all supporting documents to ascertain what you have stated is true,td
Thank you very much for the comments. In regard of making a note for the position - is there a certain format to follow? Does it have to be hand-written or can it be typed?

Thanks again.

Jango1

Apr 16, 2014
There is no rule as such to be hand written or typed.

I would suggest type and print, because it will make the reader read easily as they don't have much time..

Get it manually signed from the authorized (Manager or HR will do)
Pin up their business card.

Format:

This is to certify that. .... was working full time (hrs/week) as a ..... This position required a degree in mech engg and knowledge / skills in ....

Then map the NOC with what you have done..

felixtae

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Jango1 said:
There is no rule as such to be hand written or typed.

I would suggest type and print, because it will make the reader read easily as they don't have much time..

Get it manually signed from the authorized (Manager or HR will do)
Pin up their business card.

Format:

This is to certify that. .... was working full time (hrs/week) as a ..... This position required a degree in mech engg and knowledge / skills in ....

Then map the NOC with what you have done..
I see. The thing is I am working in a different country right now. And, I had not been in touch with the manager for a long time - when I tried to receive my letter last year, I argued hard with HR people such that my manager could write a letter to me (company policy prohibiting that). If Mechanical Engineer could be put on the letter, he would have done it last year. My friend advised me putting a note but I dont think I could get a signature or notarization from the company afterall. Any suggestions?

Jango1

Apr 16, 2014
I see, I would advice you to speak to your HR once again.
Try to reach higher authorities by phone, email. Express your challenges to more wider and higher authority, and put everything on email. Make logical reasons as to why you want the letter, not just immigration, but as a evidence of your job efforts need a substance in the form of a paper evidence.

The reference letter is very important, and people have got it.

Samoo2014

Star Member
Apr 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Sep 2014
Nomination.....
PER 8 Dec 2014
Med's Request
30 Mar 2015
Med's Done....
2 April 2015
Passport Req..
1 May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
20 Jun 2015
Dear friends,
I have received the WES report today and I noted that my third name does not matched with my third name in the passport as one letter missed.
Example name in the report "Mohamed" in the passport "Mohammed"
all remaining data are correct.
Is it makes any problem when I send my supporting documents to CIC? IF YES, how can I correct this as quickly as possible?

Regards.