+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2014 April Applicant & 2nd Review - PGWP Expiring - Everything due 2015/05

Mar 21, 2015
Hello all,

Long time lurker posting for the first time, I thought I should post my status and also ask seniors what my next step(s) should be in my current situation. I came to Canada in 2007, graduated from university and got PGWP and started working. Got married (she is canadian) and we have a baby. After 2 years of working applied for PR under CEC. I applied in april 2014, got AOR in may 2014. In Nov 2014, my gcms notes updated with the following:

Application xxx, .... make the following recommendation:
FOSS/GCMS check: - No adverse info. PA currently holds valid status in Canada.. CIVIL STATUS: - Married. PA copy of passport on file: yes. - marriage cert. on file - Spouse copy of passport on file: yes. - PA has canadian born child - birth cert. and passport on file. WORK EXPERIENCE: CEC qualifying period is: from xxAPR2011 to xxAPR2014. Date of authorized work experience - within 'Qualifying Period' - in skill level 0,A or B occupation: since xxJUL2012 Category of work permit: PGWP Post-secondary studies in Canada: University According to schedule 8: Work Experience 1:XXMAY2012 to LOCK-IN, NOC: 2173 selected, Full time SOFTWARE ENGINEER with XYZ. Employment letter dated XXMAR2014 confirm date of employment, position title and a salary of XX per year. LOE/Supporting Docs appear to match lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under NOC code selected. Both a T4 and NOA from 2013 show reported earnings of XX. ADDITIONAL NOTES: Web-based search conducted - website not available (CIC blocked webpage) - For Officer Review LANGUAGE: IELTS submitted- Applicant meets benchmark for work experience at this skill level: A. CRIMINALITY: - RCMP Screening: NO reportable trace. - Police Certificates: - India: No reportable trace. Police Certificate from India is a photocopy - Original appears to be submitted with the application for study permit in 2007. Also Police certificate from India is dated XXJUN2007; it is the officer's discretion to whether request a new PC MEDICALS: - Current medical status: Not started. RECOMMENDATION: REVIEW REQUIRED BY OFFICER

Also the following currently hold:
ELIGIBILITY: 1 - Review Required - due date 2015/05
SECURITY: 1 - Not started - due date 2015/05
CRIMINALITY: 1 - In progress - due date 2015/05
MEDICAL: 1 - Not started - due date 2015/05

Temporary Resident Status: Yes
Minimum language proficiency: Met
Required work experience in Canada: Met
Skill Type/Level: A

Basically since coming to Canada, I have been back to India only once for 2 weeks to attend a wedding and I have been here since 2007. My passport expires in AUG this year. My PGWP expires in JULY this year as well.
My only option at the moment seems like the BOWP. Also, today I got my medical done in advance. I am hoping to send the details to CIC today.

Now my question to all you cool folks is do you guys see anything bad in the NOTES? What should my action plan be like? I am thinking something along the lines of:
1) Get passport renewed asap
2) Apply for BOWP so I don't lose my job
3) Wait on PR.

They have due date of 2015/05 for pretty much everything, does that mean they will manage to get all that done by then? Its almost been 11 months since I applied and the last update on my gcms notes was in Nov last year. Looks like my file hasn't been touched in more than 3 months.

Anyways, what do you guys think stick with my current plan? Is there something I am missing?

Leeeeeo

Dec 31, 2014
If I were you, I'd apply for BOWP while waiting for PR. I am also an April applicant, and based on the recent GCMS notes my eligibility status is "recommend passed"; and I also did upfront medicals. My current work permit expires in late May. I thought that I should be able to get PR before the permit expires, but to get peace of mind, I applied for BOWP actually a while ago.

I believe that there's a good chance that CIC won't get back to your file until May; and if the second reviewer requires you provide some additional documents or something, it can easily get delayed a couple more months. Even if everything went well, it might also take time to send your passport and all that. Given the job and healthcare implications of implied status, why would you want to take a risk? It's additional $150, but I think it's worth it.

Good luck!

timhortons2015 said:
Hello all,

Long time lurker posting for the first time, I thought I should post my status and also ask seniors what my next step(s) should be in my current situation. I came to Canada in 2007, graduated from university and got PGWP and started working. Got married (she is canadian) and we have a baby. After 2 years of working applied for PR under CEC. I applied in april 2014, got AOR in may 2014. In Nov 2014, my gcms notes updated with the following:

Application xxx, .... make the following recommendation:
FOSS/GCMS check: - No adverse info. PA currently holds valid status in Canada.. CIVIL STATUS: - Married. PA copy of passport on file: yes. - marriage cert. on file - Spouse copy of passport on file: yes. - PA has canadian born child - birth cert. and passport on file. WORK EXPERIENCE: CEC qualifying period is: from xxAPR2011 to xxAPR2014. Date of authorized work experience - within 'Qualifying Period' - in skill level 0,A or B occupation: since xxJUL2012 Category of work permit: PGWP Post-secondary studies in Canada: University According to schedule 8: Work Experience 1:XXMAY2012 to LOCK-IN, NOC: 2173 selected, Full time SOFTWARE ENGINEER with XYZ. Employment letter dated XXMAR2014 confirm date of employment, position title and a salary of XX per year. LOE/Supporting Docs appear to match lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under NOC code selected. Both a T4 and NOA from 2013 show reported earnings of XX. ADDITIONAL NOTES: Web-based search conducted - website not available (CIC blocked webpage) - For Officer Review LANGUAGE: IELTS submitted- Applicant meets benchmark for work experience at this skill level: A. CRIMINALITY: - RCMP Screening: NO reportable trace. - Police Certificates: - India: No reportable trace. Police Certificate from India is a photocopy - Original appears to be submitted with the application for study permit in 2007. Also Police certificate from India is dated XXJUN2007; it is the officer's discretion to whether request a new PC MEDICALS: - Current medical status: Not started. RECOMMENDATION: REVIEW REQUIRED BY OFFICER

Also the following currently hold:
ELIGIBILITY: 1 - Review Required - due date 2015/05
SECURITY: 1 - Not started - due date 2015/05
CRIMINALITY: 1 - In progress - due date 2015/05
MEDICAL: 1 - Not started - due date 2015/05

Temporary Resident Status: Yes
Minimum language proficiency: Met
Required work experience in Canada: Met
Skill Type/Level: A

Basically since coming to Canada, I have been back to India only once for 2 weeks to attend a wedding and I have been here since 2007. My passport expires in AUG this year. My PGWP expires in JULY this year as well.
My only option at the moment seems like the BOWP. Also, today I got my medical done in advance. I am hoping to send the details to CIC today.

Now my question to all you cool folks is do you guys see anything bad in the NOTES? What should my action plan be like? I am thinking something along the lines of:
1) Get passport renewed asap
2) Apply for BOWP so I don't lose my job
3) Wait on PR.

They have due date of 2015/05 for pretty much everything, does that mean they will manage to get all that done by then? Its almost been 11 months since I applied and the last update on my gcms notes was in Nov last year. Looks like my file hasn't been touched in more than 3 months.

Anyways, what do you guys think stick with my current plan? Is there something I am missing?