+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2014 APPLICANTS - NOVA SCOTIA NOMINEE PROGRAM(WITHOUT JOB OFFER)

David_C

Star Member
Mar 11, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
suarif said:
plz can anyone share their settlement plans I am stuck on the last question of appendix 3
I've noticed that they have changed the question 4 (last question) from appendix 3.
Last week when I've did it it was the fist option:

If you are currently living outside of Canada, have you familiarized yourself with the pre-landing services available through Nova Scotia Start, which will be available to you if you are nominated by the Province? Visit: www.novascotiastart.ca □ Yes □ No

So what I did, I went to www.novascotiastart.ca / start / outside canada / on the right you have online services requested.

If you can elaborate more on that, can be beneficial for you. I haven't done it.

Hope it helps

David_C

Star Member
Mar 11, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
I think they started pre screening the applications. As discussed on the forum, I agree with the fact that first they eliminate the incomplete applications, and then based on the number are starting the selection.

This is the reason:

I've noticed that they have changed the question 4 (last question) from appendix 3. There were 3 options, a b c, now is only a and b.
Last week the fist option was:

If you are currently living outside of Canada, have you familiarized yourself with the pre-landing services available through Nova Scotia Start, which will be available to you if you are nominated by the Province? Visit: www.novascotiastart.ca □ Yes □ No

Now they took it out, because probably most of us wrote the list of services available on the web site.
They were expecting something more detailed probably.

FIL_CAD

Star Member
Mar 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2014; Arrived NSOI-25-3-2014; Recd by:A. Parker 9.10am. RLMD stream closed 28.04.2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
The Application Guide was updated on 2 April 2014, before it was 18 Feb 2014.
The Application Form was also updated in March 2014, before it was Feb 2014.

David_C said:
I think they started pre screening the applications. As discussed on the forum, I agree with the fact that first they eliminate the incomplete applications, and then based on the number are starting the selection.

This is the reason:

I've noticed that they have changed the question 4 (last question) from appendix 3. There were 3 options, a b c, now is only a and b.

Now they took it out, because probably most of us wrote the list of services available on the web site.

Kafil

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ David C

Correction please, i have just cross checked my copied documents with the updated Appendix 3 and this is my finding:

They have removed the following option which is option B:

Have you investigated services available in your intended community / region which will be beneficial and / or necessary for your family (i.e. schools, recreational facilities, shopping etc) Yes No

klarisa

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2014
IELTS Request
sent with app
FIL_CAD said:
The Application Guide was updated on 2 April 2014, before it was 18 Feb 2014.
The Application Form was also updated in March 2014, before it was Feb 2014.
If they continue to change the application guide will the applications filed before still be valid?

David_C

Star Member
Mar 11, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Kafil said:
@ David C

Correction please, i have just cross checked my copied documents with the updated Appendix 3 and this is my finding:

They have removed the following option which is option B:

Have you investigated services available in your intended community / region which will be beneficial and / or necessary for your family (i.e. schools, recreational facilities, shopping etc) Yes No
Kafil,

The option b stated by you, is not removed. It is now renamed as option a.

Please review the following link:
http://novascotiaimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/FINAL_RLMD_stream_April_2014.pdf

wael.ot

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
29-09-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2014
LANDED..........
09-05-2015
klarisa said:
If they continue to change the application guide will the applications filed before still be valid?
If you already submitted your application before any change, it would be valid for sure. For that reason any applicant must check all forms again on websites, before sending his/ her applications to ensure their validity.

NeoDam

Apr 3, 2014
Hello everyone!

I have appeared IELTS academic twice, once in 2001 all six bands and second time in 2005 with all above five and average 6.5 bands. I know both are expired and also booked my General IELTS for this month. My file is ready with documents, so if I send my file with supporting documents for these IELTS (i.e. Past two exames results and booked exames detailes), will it be valid to accept my file or will be considered as incomplete?

Many thanks!

lorerodri

Feb 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wael.ot said:
It is already stated in the guide file page 11

B. Assessment
The Office of Immigration will conduct a full review and evaluation of your complete application. The Office of Immigration will advise you in writing if an in-person interview is required. If they are requested, the exploratory visit and in-person interview are mandatory before the assessment of the application will be completed.

Check this link http://novascotiaimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/FINAL_RLMD_stream_April_2014.pdf

On the other hand, exploratory visit is a step in some other nomination programs such as Manitoba (Morden), so I believe that NSIO may ask anyone for it especially that it will not cost Canada any money. Applicant who will pay his accommodation.
I told you, so be prepared just in case

lorerodri

Feb 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
David_C said:

This is the reason:

The first guide version was mistaken, because you can not join the novascotia start, ultil you get the nomination.

DrHouseMD

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
AOR Received.
PER Received: October 17, 2014
IELTS Request
With the application
NeoDam said:
Hello everyone!

I have appeared IELTS academic twice, once in 2001 all six bands and second time in 2005 with all above five and average 6.5 bands. I know both are expired and also booked my General IELTS for this month. My file is ready with documents, so if I send my file with supporting documents for these IELTS (i.e. Past two exames results and booked exames detailes), will it be valid to accept my file or will be considered as incomplete?

Many thanks!
still incomplete...the IELTS results should be valid (which is only for 2 years) and you should wait until your IELTS exam date =(

DrHouseMD

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
With the application
suzith said:
News NSNP APRIL 1st:

http://www.cicnews.com/2014/04/nova-scotia-immigration-destination-043321.html

Applications selction is not First come first serve basis. Its a lottery.

please define LOTTERY... I did not see any word or synonyms in the link..

DrHouseMD

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
With the application
twinklebelle said:
congrats...

can i ask guys if still nova scotia immigration program still accepting application until now? they told 150 caps only.i guest its already complete...what do you think guys?
YES! THE PROGRAM IS STILL OPEN! Nobody knows when it will close.. *_* cheer up and prepare your applications, then send it to nearest mailing or courier service..

balars4

Feb 25, 2014
NeoDam.
If ur other documents r strong. They may accept, but still ur appl is incomplete. Then they may ask ielts.
Everyone is applying, u also apply.
But they will give preferance to the appl which have all doc.
U may fall in next year CAP.

lorerodri

Feb 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
balars4 said:
NeoDam.
If ur other documents r strong. They may accept, but still ur appl is incomplete. Then they may ask ielts.
Everyone is applying, u also apply.
But they will give preferance to the appl which have all doc.
U may fall in next year CAP.
Next year will still be incompleted....need to gather all documents in order to apply again