+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

20 months and counting for a PR application

AngryByte

Dec 24, 2015
Hi,

I got my ITA and submitted my PR application on Feb 2016 ( Express Entry Skilled Worker program (FSW) ), the file has been in process ever since.

I got GCMS notes a bunch of times, and everything seems to be in order except for "security screening", I noticed that every 5 months, its status is changed to "CANCELLED", "NOT STARTED", then started again. the process is then restarted roughly 5 months later.

I contacted CIC a couple of times, and they just said that the file is under processing and that I should email them back if its not done in 6 months.

so far this was done 3 times and I suspect to see a 4th upon receiving my next GCMS notes. have any of you seen a similar case? what could be the reason?

thanks

AngryByte

Dec 24, 2015
Have you travelled or lived certain countries that CIC might question or investigate further?
Yes, that's true, and I wouldn't mind a long screening, what bothers me is the reset (cancel / start) occurring every 5 months. I looked everywhere and couldn't find a similar case even for people living in less fortunate countries. any idea if the periodic resets are normal?

andyding13

Feb 11, 2017
I am not an expert so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

I suggest you consult an immigration lawyer. I read somewhere else that in this case you can sue CIC in court to force it to make a timely decision on your case.

Reactions: AngryByte

StevieFray

Jan 26, 2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
Yes, that's true, and I wouldn't mind a long screening, what bothers me is the reset (cancel / start) occurring every 5 months. I looked everywhere and couldn't find a similar case even for people living in less fortunate countries. any idea if the periodic resets are normal?
Have you traveled or lived certain countries that CIC might question or investigate further? Do you care to list them? More than likely, its either because of your nationality or traveling history (providing your criminal record is crispy clean).

AngryByte

Dec 24, 2015
I am not an expert so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

I suggest you consult an immigration lawyer. I read somewhere else that in this case you can sue CIC in court to force it to make a timely decision on your case.
I already checked with an immigration lawyer and they tried to contact CIC on my behalf, they only got the same generic answer, "File being processed, the process takes 6 months, contact us again if there's no decision by then"

it didn't get to suing CIC, and I don't think thats the best move at the moment

AngryByte

Dec 24, 2015
Have you traveled or lived certain countries that CIC might question or investigate further? Do you care to list them? More than likely, its either because of your nationality or traveling history (providing your criminal record is crispy clean).
I live in Libya, other than that my travel history is all warm and cozy my criminal record is cleaner than a priest on Sunday.

I checked tracker files for people living in similar countries, I couldn't find a longer processing time than mine.

StevieFray

Jan 26, 2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
I live in Libya, other than that my travel history is all warm and cozy my criminal record is cleaner than a priest on Sunday.

I checked tracker files for people living in similar countries, I couldn't find a longer processing time than mine.
Damn, just hold in there then, you should soon be finished.

Reactions: AngryByte

conroex3800

Nov 9, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07 Jan 2017
Is your whole application being cancelled every 5 months or just security screening part?

can_immi_can

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Planet Earth
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
01-01-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
Waiting on PPR
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting on PPR
LANDED..........
Waiting on PPR
Just the screening part,
How do you know that screening restarts? What do you see in gcms notes from which you are inferring that ss starts again every 5 months or so?