+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 sponsorship applications from each child for parent & grandparent sponsorship program

Lufees

Oct 10, 2017
As the title suggests, are 2 separate sponsorships for the parent grandparent sponsorship program allowed. Both children are Permanent residents and meet the income requirements. Will IRCC count these as 2 separate applications therefore increasing the odds of being selected or they will only accept one. Additionally, from what I've gathered the selection process is random and, how early or late one submits the application in the draw does not change the chances on the file being selected.

Please do share your knowledge its very much appreciated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
As the title suggests, are 2 separate sponsorships for the parent grandparent sponsorship program allowed. Both children are Permanent residents and meet the income requirements. Will IRCC count these as 2 separate applications therefore increasing the odds of being selected or they will only accept one. Additionally, from what I've gathered the selection process is random and, how early or late one submits the application in the draw does not change the chances on the file being selected.

Please do share your knowledge its very much appreciated.
I assume you are thinking about if the PGP in 2023 (not this year since it is only for 2020 applicants) opens up again to allow profile submissions. Each spouse can submit a separate application for each set of parents. You then have to meet LICO forr all in your family - 2 spouses, children plus 4 parents and any children under 22. As for odds, I guess it increases your odds but many people put in two applications. If it opens up again then there will be hundreds of thousands of applications.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I assume you are thinking about if the PGP in 2023 (not this year since it is only for 2020 applicants) opens up again to allow profile submissions. Each spouse can submit a separate application for each set of parents. You then have to meet LICO forr all in your family - 2 spouses, children plus 4 parents and any children under 22. As for odds, I guess it increases your odds but many people put in two applications. If it opens up again then there will be hundreds of thousands of applications.
Just clarifying that you can only submit one PGP application per child in Canada. If not I think they get eliminated for duplicate applications. There isn’t any clear guidance whether you can include both grandparents with parents. You would think they would need to be sponsored separately but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Lufees

Oct 10, 2017
I assume you are thinking about if the PGP in 2023 (not this year since it is only for 2020 applicants) opens up again to allow profile submissions. Each spouse can submit a separate application for each set of parents. You then have to meet LICO forr all in your family - 2 spouses, children plus 4 parents and any children under 22. As for odds, I guess it increases your odds, but many people put in two applications. If it opens up again then there will be hundreds of thousands of applications.
The sponsorship is for the same set of parents. Me and my sister both PR meeting income requirements on an individual basis. Are we allowed to apply only once or each of us can apply separately for both parents. giving us 2 separate entries.

Lufees

Oct 10, 2017
Just clarifying that you can only submit one PGP application per child in Canada. If not I think they get eliminated for duplicate applications. There isn’t any clear guidance whether you can include both grandparents with parents. You would think they would need to be sponsored separately but that doesn’t seem to be the case.
The simple question though is can I submit 1 application and my sister submits a second application for the same parents?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The simple question though is can I submit 1 application and my sister submits a second application for the same parents?
Are you getting your terms mixed up? Is this a hypothetical question because you did not submit an expression of interest in 2020 and receive an invitation to apply for PR? Your question is not about PR but about submitting an expression of interest. For PR, no. For EOI, I guess you could change the names of the principal applicants for each EOI submitted. Assume you both meet LICO (2022 LICO not posted) for the number of people in your family.

Lufees

Oct 10, 2017
Are you getting your terms mixed up? Is this a hypothetical question because you did not submit an expression of interest in 2020 and receive an invitation to apply for PR? Your question is not about PR but about submitting an expression of interest. For PR, no. For EOI, I guess you could change the names of the principal applicants for each EOI submitted. Assume you both meet LICO (2022 LICO not posted) for the number of people in your family.
The reason I am asking is because I have to work extra to keep meeting the requirement. to be able to submit the EOI. 2 EOI from different 2 children is better than just one as long as IRCC allows it I am happy with it. All I'm confused about is if it is allowed.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The reason I am asking is because I have to work extra to keep meeting the requirement. to be able to submit the EOI. 2 EOI from different 2 children is better than just one as long as IRCC allows it I am happy with it. All I'm confused about is if it is allowed.
But you will not know what LICO is for 2022 until next year. It could increase dramatically. I would assume you cannot have the same principal applicant for two applications but change a parent for the other application for your sibling. Do you meet LICO for 2020 and 2021 for the total number of people in your family (spouse, children, parents)? This is all hypothetical because the government has not opened up the program to EOIs since 2020, and next year can change parameters too.

Reactions: YVR123