+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 month waiting for Oath letter from Hamilton

amer.j

Dec 31, 2010
Hi There,

I took my Citizenship test at the end of October in Hamilton, and still hear nothing. From your point of view, could 2 moth be considered abnormal waiting time and sign of RQ or failing the exam?

I highly appreciate your help,

Thank you

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What I was told when I took the exam is that it would be 2-4 months until the oath. They never sent me a letter to tell me specifically if I passed or failed. They just sent me a notice to appear at the oath at such and such place and date. In my case, the oath was 2 months after my exam. They sent me the letter notifying me of the date about 10-14 days in advance.

amer.j

Dec 31, 2010
Leon said:
What I was told when I took the exam is that it would be 2-4 months until the oath. They never sent me a letter to tell me specifically if I passed or failed. They just sent me a notice to appear at the oath at such and such place and date. In my case, the oath was 2 months after my exam. They sent me the letter notifying me of the date about 10-14 days in advance.
Dear Leon,

Did you take your exam in Hamilton? So from your point of view, 2 month, particularly in Holiday season, could be considered normal?

Thank you

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, I didn't take it in Hamilton but the 2-4 months was on their powerpoint and it's listed on here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/cit-processing.asp so it must be their average across Canada. You could go to your local CIC office (or call them if you can locate their number) and ask them how long they think you can expect to wait.

amer.j

Dec 31, 2010
dear Leon,

I have not my local office direct phone number, I just call CIC call center but they had nothing to add. Do you think if I go local office in person, could it be useful and they answer me?

By the way, Do you know something about GCMS report?

Thank you

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GCMS is the new computer system that is supposed to replace CAIPS notes as far as I have heard.

Still, it has only been 2 months for you and since the normal processing time is listed as 2-4, you don't have any reason to be so worried about it.

You can visiting the local CIC office. Maybe they know something, maybe they don't but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Egyman

Star Member
Feb 7, 2007
Check this site for the real processing time in your province: http://www.v-soul.com/casedb/view.html
And as Leon said you should start worrying after 4 months not before.

Sep 21, 2009
I wrote test in may-2010 at st clair,toronto ans still did not get result.and calling cic does not answer clearly.
i moved to Alberta after my test.how do i know what is happening with my citizenship .and where i can contact to in edmonton.?
if I have to appear for interview then why I did not receive any letter so far?

appreciate any help.

Leon said:
GCMS is the new computer system that is supposed to replace CAIPS notes as far as I have heard.

Still, it has only been 2 months for you and since the normal processing time is listed as 2-4, you don't have any reason to be so worried about it.

You can visiting the local CIC office. Maybe they know something, maybe they don't but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Apr 11, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hamilton is still the fastest processing CIC in the whole of Canada and I am speaking from the point of view of experience it took me 9 months from the time I submitted to CIC-Vegreville to my oath. From the moment CIC-Vegreville transfer the case, it took just a week to schedule an exam and 2 days to take the oath after the exam. If you dont have something unexplainable in your application, the delay might be attributed to the holidays. RQ can only be triggered by unexplained absences in Canada. If you failed the test, they will inform you of the next step, either appeared before a citizenship judge or others. Keep the faith alive, CIC is working to speed up its processing time to serve you better. Dont lose hope.

mach90

Jan 9, 2011
Hey Amer J

Did you hear anything back from Hamilton office, wanted to know if you got an RQ? and if so what is the timing for Hamilton RQ's